Maybelline New York The Nudes

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.9

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

defiantly not one of maybelline better products I have to build n build n wet the brush to get any pigment payoff and it seems all the pallets in this particular line the rock nudes and the other one is the same I have all of them buying hoping the next one would be better than the one before, but same issue no pigment payoff I wish these cosmetics companies would listin to the customers and make changes where needed defiantly a No Maybelline No.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Good for daytime/everyday wear for a natural look. Most of the colors lack the pigmentation of a higher end pallette and you really need to pack it on and blend however if you aren't that great with shadow this is much more forgiving than a high end product. It could definitely use more matte colors I don't find the high shimmer very flattering for every day wear. For $12 it met my expectations and is workable

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

For a drugstore palette, I would say that this eyeshadows do serve its purpose! I use this palette for 2 things: my eyebrows, and my eyes.

When it comes to eye application, I have to reapply the same colour over and over again just so I can get the colour to pop. The colour itself also fades away really fast, and it isn't waterproof AT ALL. But if you don't mind reapplying it many times and often, then I do recommend this palette. Although it doesn't have the prettiest shades of nudes, it will do the trick. Hey, on a positive note, if you are still studying, or if you like to wear light makeup, I really do suggest this palette because the colour is soft and it'd give you THE natural look.

When it comes to eyebrows, I absolutely LOVE this palette. I have a feeling like since the colours aren't too strong, I can go around and mix a couple of shades together to match the colour of my eyebrows which never fails to give me a natural looking eyebrows.

Since this palette is cheap, I also recommend this to those people who just started learning how to do their makeup. Hey, if all goes wrong, at least this isn't Bobbi Brown or Mac! :) Have a nice day hotties <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The palette is very versatile, however there is a disturbing lack of mattes. About half of the shades are metallic, and only about two are true mattes. The rest of the colours are satin.

So I would totally rebuy this again (& did coz I lost it. My room eats MU!). I got this & blushed nudes & I should've bought them sooner is all I can say! If you don't have this palette & u collect nude palettes ur collection is incomplete w/o this! Ifs only $11 & btw blushed nudes is not exclusive to Walmart I got both of mine at Kroger. Now I'm thinking about the smoked & rock palettes coz I'm so impressed! Bravo to Maybelline for throwing ur hat into the ring & being the best DS eyeshadows (except I do love elf e/s but it's kind of hard to get unless u go to a store w an elf carousel not a lot of DS have elf around my area. Anyhoo.) if you like this u would really love elf 144 neutral palette, BH Cosmetics 88 Neutral, & Coastal Scents 88 Warm. I rewrote my review I take it all back the negative stuff i'm a baebelline! I've been buying a lot of Maybelline lately & it's a super good brand & I have access to a good display of it (not been ravaged to bits like the Ulta NYX display is by a bunch of tweakers), I'm buying about 1/3 DS makeup ratio to high end i guess I could say. I spent $200 on DS MU in the recent past. I know really it's like how do u spend $200 on MU let alone DS MU "do u get what u pay for?" I think Maybelline has done some major overhauling & revamping of their line first of all it was a brand that never interested me but now I'm finding I am quite happy w my recent DS purchases but yes I am happier w what I get from Sephora but I'm discovering a lot of DS gems lately. I've been lucky! Ok this palette is a beautiful mix of nudetral shades which I'm sure ev1 is aware that this is based on the colors of brown. All of the colors complement each other so well, the packaging it needs a mirror but omg the little information printed on the back just so useful!! It tells you how to group the colors into duo's, trios & quads or alternately a few shades could be "one-&-done" (worn solo). I can't imagine this friendly little bugger offending any1's sensibilities at a mere $11 + a few Ei in coins (that's tax!!), if you don't have this already go to Ulta & use the $3.50 off $15 coupon (it's printed in the Sunday's circular but just courteously & ask if they could be so gracious as to give u the coupon & im sure if the register person will do it for you, if not then politely & discreetly ask to talk to the store manager). This palette goes w any coloring of skintone I'm NC20 myself & find that I prefer urban decay to this but I mean for-cryin-in-the-beer this is $11! UD is $54! & now Maybelline has duped the UD Naked dual ended eyeliner pencils as well. Score another for Maybelline! At just weighing in at over $11 retail this is the most expensive of Maybelline's offerings which is amazing even w the extensive print & media campaigns can still remain budget-friendly. Products I would put with this: black liquid eyeliner, Fuschia lipstick/lipliner, black mascara, u can use this palette to fill in brows & as a liner as well as there's a black shade that is tremendously fierce when applied wet w the sponge tip applicators. Am I the only kid now who still appreciates a fine sponge tip applicator?! I know I'm a savage when it comes to tools I'm basically living in the paleo Dino era coz I'm the only individual who likes them.

Anyways get your grubby paws on this palette! U need a DS pick-me-up!! :-)

This is a really lovely, good-quality standard nude eyeshadow palette. I don't personally find all of the colors useful, but that's kind of the curse of a palette of any size. There's still a decent percentage of shades that are relevant for me. (I'm not a fan of sparkly eyes outside of fashion magazines. I'm of the opinion that it takes a rare breed to pull that off in the everyday, so the metallics and sparkles in this palette go untouched.) However, there are a subtle range of more matte/satin taupes and browns and one really really lovely cream color that goes perfectly under the arch and crisps up a dramatic eyebrow in just the right way. I wouldn't exclusively use this, but it's a great and cost-effective resource to have in your makeup collection. And each shade has enough uses in it to be worth the investment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Great palette for a drugstore pallete! The colors are nice, neutral, colors you could use everyday. They are a lot more pigmented with a primer but I like how they look without as well. They wear long and you can get really creative with the color combinations(there's a cute little chart on the back to help create nice looks too).

For ultra-wearable eyeshadows with lasting power, I highly recommend Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. The price tag is absolutely amazing — you are paying less than 50 cents for each of twelve ultra-wearable shades!

Where you lose out a bit with the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is applicability and color/sparkle density. I recommend using the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette with an eyeshadow primer to make them more blendable and spreadable. For day-to-day, I don’t necessarily want a lot of color or sparkle density, but for fancy occasions, I might switch to a different, slightly more expensive palette.

Nonetheless, the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is amazing, and I’m a fan! An awesome buy, especially with an eyeshadow primer.

Follow the link below for a more detailed review!

Its a VERY good palette for the drugstore! Although i have to say it's a bit of a hit and miss at the same time for me. So lets just get this straight, the mattes in this palette are just AMAZING. The 5th color from the top row is a good dupe for tease from the NAKED 2. I found the two mattes REALLY AMAZING. They are so pigmented you literally have to be careful putting them on!

I love the color selections for the price, but i do feel like some of the shades shimmery don't show up as much and are VERY hard to pick up with a brush (Cough Cough 1st shade in top row) and some of them do fade really badly when you try and blend.

So overall review: I do love about 5 of the 12 shades BUT i think the 2 brown mattes in it are THE best of the drugstore that i have found so far and they do compare to high end.

But i wound not really recommend it if you want it for all the shades, but if its ok for you to only use a few eyeshadows in a palette without being annoyed (weird i know) then i would get it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a good all in one option depending on what you're looking for and if you can get it cheap enough.

TEXTURE:
10 sheer shades and 2 good pigmentation. Most are shimmery, a few with annoying glittery fallout. Most of the colors are patchy and difficult to blend, especially if you use the foam applicator they provide. Better with your own brushes. Nice quality for casual work situations or going out for a few hours. Wouldn't be my first choice for say 8 - 10 hours+ for a professional job like in a bank, school, or office. Its a bit patchy, shimmers fallout, and doesn't hold up to all day wear.

SHADE SELECTION:
Good mix. But repetition as its mostly all sheers and similar middle tones. I find myself supplementing the palette with a pale/creme shade and a very dark chocolate it needs to get a wider range of looks. That matt patchy sheer greyish black at the end is totally useless to me as its poorly pigmented and grey belongs to a smoky palette anyway not a nude one so it doesn't enhance this palette at all.

I have very fair skin and the colors show up well on me - deeper and mostly suitable for the evening. But medium+ toned ladies might be disappointed. On darker skin the shades don't show up well and mostly look all look the same - ie sheer shimmer and not much color.

PACKAGING:
Sleek and fits in a small makeup bag. Does not have a mirror, which I miss as I usually use the mirrored palettes to do my makeup in. Throw away the scratchy foam applicator brush and use your own. These eyeshadows need alot of blending and this particular applicator struggles with that. There is a nice long slot that you could slip in a couple of mini's or one longer travel brush if you prefer have your brushes right there to use on the go.