Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
- Nice nude colors
- Some are matte, some are a bit shimmery
- On the back, it shows you different ways to wear them
- Good pigmentation
- Last for 6+ hours (that's how long I wore it)
Cons:
- No mirror! :(
- Cheap eyeshadow sponge thing instead of a real brush
This is overall a pretty good eyeshadow palette, probably one of my favorites from the drugstore! You can use it for everyday looks, or use some more shimmery shades for a glammed up day!

EDIT: the pigmentation sucks on the shades I wanted to love most - the gold one, the sparkly brown, and the beige. Ugh.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

For a drugstore palette, I would say that this eyeshadows do serve its purpose! I use this palette for 2 things: my eyebrows, and my eyes.

When it comes to eye application, I have to reapply the same colour over and over again just so I can get the colour to pop. The colour itself also fades away really fast, and it isn't waterproof AT ALL. But if you don't mind reapplying it many times and often, then I do recommend this palette. Although it doesn't have the prettiest shades of nudes, it will do the trick. Hey, on a positive note, if you are still studying, or if you like to wear light makeup, I really do suggest this palette because the colour is soft and it'd give you THE natural look.

When it comes to eyebrows, I absolutely LOVE this palette. I have a feeling like since the colours aren't too strong, I can go around and mix a couple of shades together to match the colour of my eyebrows which never fails to give me a natural looking eyebrows.

Since this palette is cheap, I also recommend this to those people who just started learning how to do their makeup. Hey, if all goes wrong, at least this isn't Bobbi Brown or Mac! :) Have a nice day hotties <3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

These shadows are impossible to blend and some of them are so under pigmented that they don't show up at all. It's a shame because this palette looks so pretty! :(

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The Nudes apply on so evenly and does not flake off. i'm in love with this beautiful product. i use the gold one all the time. i definitely LOVE Maybelline.

This is a really lovely, good-quality standard nude eyeshadow palette. I don't personally find all of the colors useful, but that's kind of the curse of a palette of any size. There's still a decent percentage of shades that are relevant for me. (I'm not a fan of sparkly eyes outside of fashion magazines. I'm of the opinion that it takes a rare breed to pull that off in the everyday, so the metallics and sparkles in this palette go untouched.) However, there are a subtle range of more matte/satin taupes and browns and one really really lovely cream color that goes perfectly under the arch and crisps up a dramatic eyebrow in just the right way. I wouldn't exclusively use this, but it's a great and cost-effective resource to have in your makeup collection. And each shade has enough uses in it to be worth the investment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Contrary to most other reviewers, I have found that the colours do not lack pigment too much, they are buildable enough, at least for my taste.
I like all the colours, they are a really good array of mostly warm neutrals, all eminently wearable. There are matte as well as shimmer and satin shades plus a black which I find is not toooo saturated and so one of the easier blacks to wear.
Won't be purchasing as there are plenty of other options in this category but I shall enjoy this palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

About me
natural blond (dyed dark blond now)
hooded blue eyes
40+
I love neutral e/s
I wear Essence concealer as a "primer"on my eyelids daily

What Maybelline says
Why You'll Love It
Our first 12 shade collection curated to create infinite looks with bold beiges, sultry sands, brazen bronzes, and over the top taupes.

What I say
I dont wear eyeshadow on a daily base, usually 4 out of 7 days per week. But when I wear eyeshadow I always wear neutrals. I tried green and purple but I just dont feel comfortable wearing these shades.
I bought this palette after reading some reviews from 40+ woman at MUA and two of the reviews made me pull the trigger for this palette ((thanks Redlipsdiva and BelleDeCrecy!).
What I love is that it has shimmery and matt shades and the shades are buildable and I dont experience any fall out (I do always tap my 239 before I apply my e/s). The other thing I love is the back side of the palette, Maybelline shows how you can pair these shades and I so love that as Im always confused which shades I should pair lol.

I wear concealer on my eyelids as a base and the staying power of The Nudes is good, no fall out during the day. I also find them buttery and easy to blend.
You can go dark with a good smoky eye or go very neutral and use the softer shades.

My fave combination so far:
* no. 9 on lid, no. 5 in crease and up (as I have hooded eyes), no 8 outer V and no. 3 as a highligter / dark brown eyeliner
* no. 8 on my lid, no 2 in my crease and up blending no. 5 into my crease too and no. 3 as a highlighter / medium brown eyeliner
* no. 4 on lid, no. 5 in my crease and up and no. 9 in the inner corner and no. 3 as a highlighter / no eyeliner

I've owned the Neutral palette by Too Faced and even though I loved it (sold it 3 years ago as I got allergic for talc (thank heaven Im no longer allergic to talc now)), I love this The Nudes palette more, I mean, hello a cardboard palette, Im 48 years old, cardboard palettes suppose to be for children to play with?

Only downside: no mirror in the palette

Pics I've uploaded are by Beautygloss and Beauty101

Update October 26, 2015
Even though I loved using this palette I bought the Clinique Wear Everywhere Neutrals All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette and replace this Nudes palette by Maybelline.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a good all in one option depending on what you're looking for and if you can get it cheap enough.

TEXTURE:
10 sheer shades and 2 good pigmentation. Most are shimmery, a few with annoying glittery fallout. Most of the colors are patchy and difficult to blend, especially if you use the foam applicator they provide. Better with your own brushes. Nice quality for casual work situations or going out for a few hours. Wouldn't be my first choice for say 8 - 10 hours+ for a professional job like in a bank, school, or office. Its a bit patchy, shimmers fallout, and doesn't hold up to all day wear.

SHADE SELECTION:
Good mix. But repetition as its mostly all sheers and similar middle tones. I find myself supplementing the palette with a pale/creme shade and a very dark chocolate it needs to get a wider range of looks. That matt patchy sheer greyish black at the end is totally useless to me as its poorly pigmented and grey belongs to a smoky palette anyway not a nude one so it doesn't enhance this palette at all.

I have very fair skin and the colors show up well on me - deeper and mostly suitable for the evening. But medium+ toned ladies might be disappointed. On darker skin the shades don't show up well and mostly look all look the same - ie sheer shimmer and not much color.

PACKAGING:
Sleek and fits in a small makeup bag. Does not have a mirror, which I miss as I usually use the mirrored palettes to do my makeup in. Throw away the scratchy foam applicator brush and use your own. These eyeshadows need alot of blending and this particular applicator struggles with that. There is a nice long slot that you could slip in a couple of mini's or one longer travel brush if you prefer have your brushes right there to use on the go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I just returned this pallette and it reinforced why, though I'm a primarily drugstore shopper, eyeshadow is something I spend money on.

When Maybelline was 40 percent off I picked this up. I loved every color and I saw myself using each one which almost never happens.

I don't even mind a somewhat drier texture, but these were not my favorite to blend. Maybe I'm spoiled by the likes of Lorac, IT cosmetics etc., but for me (and I would put myself in the "intermediate" skill level category) these were too hard to blend and some shades were very difficult to build color.

If you don't mind working harder for the same result and are on a budget I do highly recommend the product because there were some hits (even some good mattes!), but for my lifestyle (busy, can't spend time working to blend and build up color) and where eyeshadow application ranks in my routine (toward the bottom), it wasn't worth it for me.