Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Not worth the money! The colours look very pretty in the box but that's it - the pigmentation is so bad/weak that unless you apply a cream eye-shadow first, they barely show, even with multiple layers. I also bought "The Blushed Nudes" and they are just as bad. I tried using the lighter shades as a highlighter but they didn't work. The worst palette I've ever bought!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I would totally rebuy this again (& did coz I lost it. My room eats MU!). I got this & blushed nudes & I should've bought them sooner is all I can say! If you don't have this palette & u collect nude palettes ur collection is incomplete w/o this! Ifs only $11 & btw blushed nudes is not exclusive to Walmart I got both of mine at Kroger. Now I'm thinking about the smoked & rock palettes coz I'm so impressed! Bravo to Maybelline for throwing ur hat into the ring & being the best DS eyeshadows (except I do love elf e/s but it's kind of hard to get unless u go to a store w an elf carousel not a lot of DS have elf around my area. Anyhoo.) if you like this u would really love elf 144 neutral palette, BH Cosmetics 88 Neutral, & Coastal Scents 88 Warm. I rewrote my review I take it all back the negative stuff i'm a baebelline! I've been buying a lot of Maybelline lately & it's a super good brand & I have access to a good display of it (not been ravaged to bits like the Ulta NYX display is by a bunch of tweakers), I'm buying about 1/3 DS makeup ratio to high end i guess I could say. I spent $200 on DS MU in the recent past. I know really it's like how do u spend $200 on MU let alone DS MU "do u get what u pay for?" I think Maybelline has done some major overhauling & revamping of their line first of all it was a brand that never interested me but now I'm finding I am quite happy w my recent DS purchases but yes I am happier w what I get from Sephora but I'm discovering a lot of DS gems lately. I've been lucky! Ok this palette is a beautiful mix of nudetral shades which I'm sure ev1 is aware that this is based on the colors of brown. All of the colors complement each other so well, the packaging it needs a mirror but omg the little information printed on the back just so useful!! It tells you how to group the colors into duo's, trios & quads or alternately a few shades could be "one-&-done" (worn solo). I can't imagine this friendly little bugger offending any1's sensibilities at a mere $11 + a few Ei in coins (that's tax!!), if you don't have this already go to Ulta & use the $3.50 off $15 coupon (it's printed in the Sunday's circular but just courteously & ask if they could be so gracious as to give u the coupon & im sure if the register person will do it for you, if not then politely & discreetly ask to talk to the store manager). This palette goes w any coloring of skintone I'm NC20 myself & find that I prefer urban decay to this but I mean for-cryin-in-the-beer this is $11! UD is $54! & now Maybelline has duped the UD Naked dual ended eyeliner pencils as well. Score another for Maybelline! At just weighing in at over $11 retail this is the most expensive of Maybelline's offerings which is amazing even w the extensive print & media campaigns can still remain budget-friendly. Products I would put with this: black liquid eyeliner, Fuschia lipstick/lipliner, black mascara, u can use this palette to fill in brows & as a liner as well as there's a black shade that is tremendously fierce when applied wet w the sponge tip applicators. Am I the only kid now who still appreciates a fine sponge tip applicator?! I know I'm a savage when it comes to tools I'm basically living in the paleo Dino era coz I'm the only individual who likes them.

Anyways get your grubby paws on this palette! U need a DS pick-me-up!! :-)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of drug store brands and will be the first to say that you definitely can find drug store products that compete with high end. Unfortunately, this is not one of those products. I love Maybelline, but this palette is a total fail. The colors are beautiful but the texture, quality, and effectiveness are not even worth the plastic it came in.

Note: I used Urban Decay primer potion before applying the eye shadows.

The lighter disappear when put them on the lid. A few coats are needed for the shine to come through. I used the lighter colors on my lid and on the brow bone, but it didn't come through like it should have, so I applied at least three layers. The darker pigments DO NOT blend at all. I used one on top of a transition color (so that it wasn't directly sticking to the primer) and it just stayed in place. No matter how hard I tried to blend it out, it remained awkward and I looked like an amateur.

The good news: I still find use for it. I use the dark brown colors to fill in my eyebrows, for which they are perfect. The color isn't too intense and it stays in place (duh! because you can't blend them out).

Definitely a pass.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Lovely to look at in the kit. But, wearing it is a different story. The shadows have no staying power and don't apply well. I can get the same effect from eyeshadow from the 99 cent store. Disclaimer: I have oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great palette for drugstore quality. I for one am quite happy with it. Its perfect for daytime. It has some shimmery shades & a few matte ones. In my experience working with these eyeshadows I have never had a problem with pigmentation. I would say the only shade that has no color payoff is the shimmery gold from the bottom row. I don't really care for that color anyways. The rest are fine. I can create neutral eyelooks with them. Some of the colors are true bronze shades, others are camel browns. Then there are some browns with gray undertones. There's a decent matte highlight shade, and a champagne one. It's basically a variety of browns. The black shade is nice as well. I will definitely repurchase this palette as it is my go-to for everyday.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

These are not very blendable. Not saying you cannot blend them out but you will need to work and put some effort into it. The shades just seem boring and typical to me and not all unique or good quality. There are quads or other eye shadows with similar shades with better color payoff and the colors just look much better than these.
The light shades are all too similar when applied and look chalky on this skin. The dark shades are just boring and muddy looking. They look cheap on the eyelid and I think this whole pallet is just a waste.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am extremely pleased with the color pay out and the high end feel of the compact. Certainly didn't expect to love it as much as I do, the colors are definitely a good competition for Urban Decay's Naked eye shadow sets.