Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.0

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Terrible terrible product. Shadows have practically no pigment and are very streaky on application. Difficult to pick up with brush, blend and work with. Not worth the money, better to buy Makeup Geek or Too Faced eyeshadows, they are way more buttery and pigmented. Packaging is pretty solid and durable however.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great nude pallette for a beginner. Before going out and splashing out on an Urban decay naked for example, I'd highly recommend this to play around with. The colours are beautiful. It's a standard palette in terms of colours. This a good everyday palette for work. I have dark skin so the colours go well with my skin tone. With a bit of primer you can get 8 hours out of these colours. Pigmentation is good. Does require a bit of blending which is fine. Love the strategic placement of colours. Love the darker shades in this palette. I'd recommend a brush as the applicator is just ok. If only this palette had a mirror. Overall a decent purchase. I'd say it's value for money. You'll get good wear out of this box, practically all the colours are wearable. Given that I get almost 10 hours out of this I'm happy. I'm going to use it till it finishes, try different techniques and then buy something highend.

Awfull awfull awfull. This was my first time trying a drugstore palette and I hated it, the youtube beauty gurus were right lol. First off, it's SOOO chalky. The pigmentation is barely there on the shiny colors, but the cool toned colors are very pigmented but when applied are still very chalky. I found that when to apply the shiny colors, since they are not pigmented at all, apply with fingers, that will give a better color payment, but still it was to me a thumbs down. Too bad since I was very excited about it because the colors looked beautiful.

I don't like the shimmering ones, but it's a fair palette.

this is the first eyeshadow palette id ever gotten and I love it! it has great neutral colours and a mix of shimmery and matte shades

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I picked up this product awhile ago and I have mixed feelings about it. I mean it's alright, it's not horrible but I would say this is a miss by Maybelline. I wouldn't put your money into it. The pigmentation is bare minimum even with a primer and it has quite a chalky consistency. Not a fan. You can't build with this product and believe me I have tried. It is more on the expensive side for a drugstore product so overall I would suggest you save your money and invest it elsewhere as this is quite a junky product in my opinion. Not worth the time or money but that is just my opinion. If you are a person used to higher end eyeshadows, I guarantee you will not like this product. This palette could possibly be good for a beginner or someone in middle school, so if you fall into that category then you just might like this palette, other than that it is a no from me.

Terrible pigmentation. This is what happens when drugstore companies rush into the palette craze without putting thought and effort into making quality shadows. The only shades worth while are the two gold shades in this palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Maybe I had too high of an expectation, but I'm REALLY disappointed by this palette. Looking for a simple and natural everyday-go-to palette, I was pretty excited to try this out, but...
-the pigmentation on a lot of the shades are just so lacking
-oh the chalkiness
-like the pigmentation, staying power is non-existent...

It's still somehow buildable, but that defeats the purpose of a quick and easy look in the morning :/

this product is okay! it's not the best if you like really creamy, easy blend able eyeshadow (e.g urban decay) but it's still a good deal, wouldn't re purchase though

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay let's get this straight kids- if you own a lot of makeup, this is not necessary.
If you don't own a lot of makeup, there is definitely room in your life for this.

I've owned this for about a month and a half, and overall I'm still convinced this is pretty mediocre. Keep in mind, I own quite a bit of makeup, especially eyeshadow, and I have high expectations.

As far as packaging, a mirror would've been awesome. I'm just saying. I kind of expected one.

Price is on point in my opinion, $12 for 12 eyeshadows is really reasonable, considering with higher end palettes you're paying $50 for 12 eyeshadows. HOWEVER you get what you pay for in higher end palettes. Yes, I said it.

The quality of these is hit and miss. I've heard some say that it's a "good thing" that some of these are sheer, because they are highlight colors. I do not agree. In my opinion, it's always better to have higher pigmentation shadows, fuller coverage foundation, and more opaque everything, because it can always be sheered out, and you in turn use less product.

For example, if you wanted to use UD's "sin" as an inner corner highlight, you simply dip your brush into it, tap off the excess, and place it where it needs to go, and you have a beautiful, easy highlight. However, with this, you place your brush into it, DON'T tap off the excess, place it on the inner corner, and keep going back into the pan for more to intensify it until it's to your liking. You use way more product than you need to, and it takes way more time.

As far as the functionality of this, it's really great. They tell you 3 different ways to put the shadows together (quads, trios, and duos). Of course you can be a rebel like me, and just do whatever your heart desires instead of following directions. The quads and duos method works out great, but the trios doesn't really. The way they go together just doesn't work out in the end, and the look is not the best. Quads is the way to go in my opinion. (My personal favorite is the 2nd quad)

When I picked this up, I used it for about 3 weeks, and I intentionally used it everyday, so I could review it. Now that I've gotten my review material, I hardly ever grab it any more. There's just nothing special about it to me, and I love a lot of other things more.

This is why I have come to the conclusion that if you already own a lot of makeup, you probably won't find yourself gravitating to this. If you don't own a ton of makeup, and you need to get out of a makeup rut, this might be just the thing you're after.