Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.4

I was excited to try this palette. Considering its nude colors selection and the price tag, they were Perfect!
I used this palette for over a year, and during that time I also purchased WnW's Comfort Zone palette.

I thought I was going to love it, but this palette came as far as a 'meh' for me (especially when I compared it with WnW's Comfort Zone which was almost two times cheaper than The Nudes).

The colors were nice, no objection, and the swatches looked ok. However, when I put them on my eyelid, they were not as pigmented as seen on the swatches on my arm. The colors intensity weren't that great and because of that, they didn't last long on my eyelid. There were a few times when I used The Nude since in the morning, and by around noon my colleagues would asked me if I were wearing eye shadows??! Surprised. I looked myself in the mirror and there was literally almost nothing showed on my eyelid!

Some may argue that this is a drugstore brand and expectation should be kept low, or that I need to 'work' with it more if I want it to work.
Well, hey! WnW's Comfort Zone is almost two times cheaper (like I mentioned above) but it works as good as many high-end palettes (UD's NAKED, for sure). So the understanding (and perhaps, acceptance) of drugstore products mean mediocrity is not true here. When I had already tried other cheaper drugstore palette like WnW and found out that it was much better than The Nude.

I still kept The Nude, but to be honest, I never reached for it. I might used for it when I need light makeup...or when I feel like using it....I 'might'.

I was gifted this pallete, and I wanted to like it, because I'm all about the nude shades, and the packaging is pretty. The shadows look pretty, but that's about it. They are poorly pigmented; the white and the two ''pinky'' ones are completely invisible, even when applied over a primer. The brown ones and the black one is okay. The gold one is not pigmented enough; during blending, it turned matte, the shimmer just fell off.

Not worth the price.

I am not too picky when it comes to make-up but this palette is, in a word, worthless. The colours are pretty but that's it. The shades are chalky, hard to blend... It's a hassle to work with. It's hard to achieve a good look with this stuff. A waste of time and money. I might keep it and use the lighter colours for highlighting, otherwise I will just toss it. Luckily it was on the cheaper side and I bought in on promotion.

P.S. On the plus side, I received the I Heart Makeup chocolate palette as a gift from a family member. It's beautiful to work with, comes with a huge mirror and it's really affordable. Love!

This is my first eyeshadow palette i'm not picky when it comes to eyeshadows as you can tell, but even if you are beginner like me stay away from this. most of the shades are chalky except the second quad is good ,pigmentation, blending wise and the last warm dark brown from the first quad as well. the rest of shades lack pigmentation you have to build the colour, you can use it to fill your eyebrows. If you want to use it as eyeshadows primer is a must. I.aside from that i enjoyed playing with it, as it has instructions and looks on the back of the palette. i'd recommend trying Max factor masterpiece palette and Wet n wild instead.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Good for daytime/everyday wear for a natural look. Most of the colors lack the pigmentation of a higher end pallette and you really need to pack it on and blend however if you aren't that great with shadow this is much more forgiving than a high end product. It could definitely use more matte colors I don't find the high shimmer very flattering for every day wear. For $12 it met my expectations and is workable

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great basic palette. This is my DS go to along with the Nude blushes palette. No irritation and I love the colors.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT - I recently switched eyeshadow primers - I am now currently using the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. I have used this palette once since switching primers & I have got to say that the shadows did not fade on me AT ALL with the Milani primer. I have also recently picked up a few of the Maybelline Color Tattoos & I think they really help the shades in this palette pop!! I think I like this palette even more with the Milani primer & the color tattoos! :)

I really like this palette! I wanted the Blushed Nudes to be my favourite because I have a thing for the rosy tones but this one is my favorite of the Maybelline palettes that I own (don't buy the Brights, it's awful - not that you can get it anymore anyway). I find the pigmentation on this to be a little hit & miss but I can get it to work well for the natural looks I am going for. I find myself always going back to this palette. The one downfall of it is that I do find it to fade on me but that could be the eye primer I am using with it (Essence's I <3 stage shadow base - I am considering switching to a different primer when I run out of that one to see if I can improve on the staying power). Personally, it does exactly what I need it to. I love this little drugstore palette! :)

This palette was okay. I liked how it was really pigmented, but I like neutral palettes to have a lot of lights, and there were too many darks. There was a shade that perfectly matched my eyebrows, so I liked that. However, these palettes get really messy fast, and the shadows are not blendable. But they are still really nicely pigmented. So, this palette is okay, but I want to try some other ones.

I love this! I use almost all of the colors. I use the lower far right for eyeliner when wet, the upper far right is perfect as eyebrow color, the upper fourth is great lower lid color ,upper far left, highlighter and inner eye, and upper fifth and lower second great eyelid color. These have no fallout as my beloved NYX, Love in Paris, do.

I love this palette! It is my go-to over the Naked Basics or Naked2 Basics. This was such a good drugstore find. I love the black as a liner and for tight-lining.

I find the payoff better than Naked, but largely prefer the matte shades, especially the dark brown, I love the shimmery light grey taupe colour in the centre of my lid as it really helps my honey brown eye colour pop (beside the black shade) and wish I could buy it solo. I like to use fingers for the shimmery ones to help blend out.

Overall:
Better than Naked, not as good as MAC, great price and selection of mattes and shimmers.