Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.5

This palette is not very pigmented, and the light shimmers have a strange cakeyness to them. It's difficult to build color without it looking splotchy, and it doesn't last very long...even with primer. You can make it work with this palette, but it is certainly fussy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Nice colors but a little upset that some of the browns aren't as vibrant as I thought.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The palette is very versatile, however there is a disturbing lack of mattes. About half of the shades are metallic, and only about two are true mattes. The rest of the colours are satin.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product was given as a gift but I would absolutely purchase it myself. Great range of nudes as well as a beautiful shimmery gold and a charcoal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What a great classic eyeshadow palette! I mean seriously, for ten bucks, it's pretty impressive. I feel like this palette has received a lot of negative reviews because it's always being compared to Urban Decay's shadows. However, the fact that Maybelline produced a product that's about one-sixth of the price is incredible. Pigmentation isn't crazy dramatic, but most people don't need color so intense that they have to wipe some off and end up wasting half the product (cough, cough, Naked palettes...). I really love this eyeshadow, I even use it for my brows. It's by far one of the best drug store staples for anyone's collection.

A nice buy for someone hoping to find a similar product to the Naked palettes. The pigmentation isn't there for me though, and the colors are harder to blend. But it's good enough that I don't mind working with it for certain looks. The shimmer shades are outstanding but the matte shades are just okay. If you have high end palettes, I say skip this. You'll be disappointed. But if you're looking for a similar item at a much more affordable price point (9.98 at my store), you won't be disappointed.

Its a VERY good palette for the drugstore! Although i have to say it's a bit of a hit and miss at the same time for me. So lets just get this straight, the mattes in this palette are just AMAZING. The 5th color from the top row is a good dupe for tease from the NAKED 2. I found the two mattes REALLY AMAZING. They are so pigmented you literally have to be careful putting them on!

I love the color selections for the price, but i do feel like some of the shades shimmery don't show up as much and are VERY hard to pick up with a brush (Cough Cough 1st shade in top row) and some of them do fade really badly when you try and blend.

So overall review: I do love about 5 of the 12 shades BUT i think the 2 brown mattes in it are THE best of the drugstore that i have found so far and they do compare to high end.

But i wound not really recommend it if you want it for all the shades, but if its ok for you to only use a few eyeshadows in a palette without being annoyed (weird i know) then i would get it!

I was pretty happy with the selection of shades and the pigment pay off.

Most colours glided on smoothly and lasted well throughout out the day.

My complaints are minor: Personally I would have gotten more use out of the palette if it had more matte shades. My older eyelids weren't flattered by the most shimmery shadows.
I also felt that the directions on the back regarding which colours to put where were "wrong" in some cases.

Still feel this palette is universally flattering. If you don't already have something similar, definitely worth a try.

I was excited to try this product, but overall was disappointed buy the quality of the eye shadows.

Pros- Affordable
- Decent Packaging

Cons- Not pigmented
- Not easy to blend
- Lack of matte colors
- Color does not last long
- Shadow falls out

I would not recommend this product, the shadows lack pigmentation. To get the shadows to show any color on my face, I get my brush wet, and build the color. The shadow does not last, and falls out under my eyes, making it look like I have awful dark circles. If you are interested in an amazing nude palette, spend a little more. In theory this would be a great palette, but in reality it is not worth the money.

I was hoping this palette would be a dupe for the high-end palettes out there, but my expectations were slightly off the charts. However, I still consider that I got my money's worth as it is still a decent palette.