Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by skin type : Other

2.7

I bought as the shades looked quite versatile and I wasn't disappointed. I am a student so I try to make the most out of each piece of makeup I have. In addition to using the palette as eyeshadows, I also use it as brow powder and I plan to try it out for contouring and possibly highlighting. There are 5 matte shades and 7 satin/shimmery shades, and in general the satin/shimmery shades are of a better quality.

On the back of the package, it divides the palette into quads/trios/duos which is quite useful.
I divided the palette into 2 rows, top and bottom, and they are numbered left to right from 1-6 for each row.

Top 4, Bottom 3 are probably my favourite shades as they are very pigmented and I find the warmer shades in this palette compliment my brown eyes quite well. I also like Bottom 1 as an all over the lid colour; Top 2 is a very similar shade but it is just slightly less pigmented and it has a cooler undertone.
I have black hair and I usually use Top 6 as my brow colour, sometimes I mix it with top 5 if I want a softer look. These 2 colours have a cool undertone but the texture could be better - it isn't very smooth.
Bottom 6 can be used wet as an eyeliner, and top 5 would work too for a softer look.
Looking at mixing Top 5 and Bottom 2 to create a neutral contouring shade.
Top 1 and Bottom 5 cannot be compared to the other satin/shimmery shades in terms of pigmentation and texture, but they work well as inner corner highlight, looking at these 2 for highlights (possibly).

I will probably repurchase this palette as the shades are very versatile unless I can find another versatile palette with better quality at this price point.

Overall, I think the palette is good for someone on a budget as the shades are quite versatile - you are not limited to using them as eyeshadows. In particular the middle bronze quad has some good quality shades. The quality for each shade in the palette varies, but they are workable - it's not really realistic to expect outstanding quality for drugstore price (still hopeful though :P ).

Don't waste this money. These colors are chalky, un pigmemtedand and look non existent on the crease. I'm an NC 20 in MAC, if that helps.There are mostly matte shades and a few shimmery shades that don't even look shimmery because of their chalkyness. Listen maybelline, if wet n wild can be cruelty free and offer some pretty pigmented shadows for under $2.99 why can't you offer a palette with better quality shadows? This palette is straigh up awful. I had to stab my little mac 217 brush into the pan to pick up a little bit of product. The Maybelline bluahed palette is a pot better than the smokey or the nudes. In my opinion, the nudes is probably the worst. I just can't fathom how they managed to market and package this with barely any color pay off from any of the eyeshadows. The L'oreal La Palette is better, not the best palette either, but better than this. In short, the nudes' pigmentation was worse than the dollar shadow quads at Dollar Tree lol. Also, they didn't last that well if at all on my lids.

In this Nudes' Palette, there are 3 metallic, 5 mattes, and 4 slimmers eye shadows. As you can tell, there are a lot of neutral colors here. The amount of looks you can create are endless (although on the maybelline's site, claims that this palette can create 13 looks in palette). I didn't get the chance to buy this palette until there was 40% off sale for all Maybelline products at Rite Aid a few weeks ago. The eye shadows do not have a name. However, they are all numbered.

First off, I believe this is a great palette for those who are starting out with makeup. However, if you are going to compare the quality and pigmentation to Urban Decay's Naked Palettes, your hopes will not be so satisfied
The eye shadows are definitely easy to use. Some of them are smoother than others. And some of them aren't opaque enough.

As for the packaging, the 12 eye shadows are in a small plastic case and it has one cheap plastic applicator. It makes senses why drug store brands use plastic cases because of the price they are selling it at. One thing I really like is that it is travel friendly because it doesn't take up much space.

For pictures: check out my blog @ shesayswhoosh.blogspot.com