Maybelline New York The Nudes

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As eye shadows these work fine if you are a beginner, however these are not the best quality whatsoever. The frosty and gold shimmers have zero colour pay-off. I do enjoy using the fifth colour in the top row as an eyebrow powder when I have my brunette hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

PROS
- Great price
- Blends well
- Nice shades
- No extreme fallout
- Last all day without eyeshadow primer (I don't have oily lids)

CONS
- Not super pigmented
- No mirror
- Shimmer shades are slightly cakey

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
- Nice nude colors
- Some are matte, some are a bit shimmery
- On the back, it shows you different ways to wear them
- Good pigmentation
- Last for 6+ hours (that's how long I wore it)
Cons:
- No mirror! :(
- Cheap eyeshadow sponge thing instead of a real brush
This is overall a pretty good eyeshadow palette, probably one of my favorites from the drugstore! You can use it for everyday looks, or use some more shimmery shades for a glammed up day!

EDIT: the pigmentation sucks on the shades I wanted to love most - the gold one, the sparkly brown, and the beige. Ugh.

I really wanted to love this palette. The shades are seriously lacking in pigment. Do yourself a favor and skip. Unless you are white as paper, the colors are going to be too light to notice.

The colors are pretty but don't show well when applied. It fades really fast and the color isn't as pigmented as it should be. For me, it's not worth it for its price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Nice colors but a little upset that some of the browns aren't as vibrant as I thought.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great basic palette. This is my DS go to along with the Nude blushes palette. No irritation and I love the colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Terrible terrible product. Shadows have practically no pigment and are very streaky on application. Difficult to pick up with brush, blend and work with. Not worth the money, better to buy Makeup Geek or Too Faced eyeshadows, they are way more buttery and pigmented. Packaging is pretty solid and durable however.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The palette is very versatile, however there is a disturbing lack of mattes. About half of the shades are metallic, and only about two are true mattes. The rest of the colours are satin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT - I recently switched eyeshadow primers - I am now currently using the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. I have used this palette once since switching primers & I have got to say that the shadows did not fade on me AT ALL with the Milani primer. I have also recently picked up a few of the Maybelline Color Tattoos & I think they really help the shades in this palette pop!! I think I like this palette even more with the Milani primer & the color tattoos! :)

I really like this palette! I wanted the Blushed Nudes to be my favourite because I have a thing for the rosy tones but this one is my favorite of the Maybelline palettes that I own (don't buy the Brights, it's awful - not that you can get it anymore anyway). I find the pigmentation on this to be a little hit & miss but I can get it to work well for the natural looks I am going for. I find myself always going back to this palette. The one downfall of it is that I do find it to fade on me but that could be the eye primer I am using with it (Essence's I <3 stage shadow base - I am considering switching to a different primer when I run out of that one to see if I can improve on the staying power). Personally, it does exactly what I need it to. I love this little drugstore palette! :)