Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Not worth the money! The colours look very pretty in the box but that's it - the pigmentation is so bad/weak that unless you apply a cream eye-shadow first, they barely show, even with multiple layers. I also bought "The Blushed Nudes" and they are just as bad. I tried using the lighter shades as a highlighter but they didn't work. The worst palette I've ever bought!

I am not too picky when it comes to make-up but this palette is, in a word, worthless. The colours are pretty but that's it. The shades are chalky, hard to blend... It's a hassle to work with. It's hard to achieve a good look with this stuff. A waste of time and money. I might keep it and use the lighter colours for highlighting, otherwise I will just toss it. Luckily it was on the cheaper side and I bought in on promotion.

P.S. On the plus side, I received the I Heart Makeup chocolate palette as a gift from a family member. It's beautiful to work with, comes with a huge mirror and it's really affordable. Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Terrible terrible product. Shadows have practically no pigment and are very streaky on application. Difficult to pick up with brush, blend and work with. Not worth the money, better to buy Makeup Geek or Too Faced eyeshadows, they are way more buttery and pigmented. Packaging is pretty solid and durable however.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really like this. palette. It comes with 12 nude shades, 6 matte and 6 shimmery. The eyeshadows are all really different in texture, pigmentation etc. The shade in the top row to the left is horrible! It has a weird soft feeling (not in a good way!) It's a light shimmery shade, but when I swatch it, it just comes off in big chunks, and just by blowing on my hand, the eyeshadow is TOTALLY gone. The matte shades aren't really pigmented. They're also quite powdery. The lighter shades doesn't really show up. There is one shade in this palette that I like more than the others. It's number 4 from the left in the top row. It's a beautiful bronze shade. This shadow is much more creamy and pigmented than the rest. It's really stunning, but i'm not a big fan of the rest of the shadows. They're all really hard to work with and not very blendable

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is so bad, wow. I originally bought this because so many youtubers were pushing this palette (they were sponsored, dumb choice on my end), but this palette is so DRY and UNPIGMENTED, it's insane. Just spend a couple extra dollars for a soft and buttery palette like Sonia Kashuk, or go even cheaper and get the new ELF, Wet n wild ones. But yeah, you can hardly get any colors from this palette, and its super unblendable.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

cant say I'm totally impressed with this palette colors are ok not nudes some dark and gold and they aren't smooth and not very pigmented a purchase I regret I got better palettes from wet n wild, I paid 9.99 for this and I actually want a refund.

Save your money for UB

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of drug store brands and will be the first to say that you definitely can find drug store products that compete with high end. Unfortunately, this is not one of those products. I love Maybelline, but this palette is a total fail. The colors are beautiful but the texture, quality, and effectiveness are not even worth the plastic it came in.

Note: I used Urban Decay primer potion before applying the eye shadows.

The lighter disappear when put them on the lid. A few coats are needed for the shine to come through. I used the lighter colors on my lid and on the brow bone, but it didn't come through like it should have, so I applied at least three layers. The darker pigments DO NOT blend at all. I used one on top of a transition color (so that it wasn't directly sticking to the primer) and it just stayed in place. No matter how hard I tried to blend it out, it remained awkward and I looked like an amateur.

The good news: I still find use for it. I use the dark brown colors to fill in my eyebrows, for which they are perfect. The color isn't too intense and it stays in place (duh! because you can't blend them out).

Definitely a pass.

Don't waste this money. These colors are chalky, un pigmemtedand and look non existent on the crease. I'm an NC 20 in MAC, if that helps.There are mostly matte shades and a few shimmery shades that don't even look shimmery because of their chalkyness. Listen maybelline, if wet n wild can be cruelty free and offer some pretty pigmented shadows for under $2.99 why can't you offer a palette with better quality shadows? This palette is straigh up awful. I had to stab my little mac 217 brush into the pan to pick up a little bit of product. The Maybelline bluahed palette is a pot better than the smokey or the nudes. In my opinion, the nudes is probably the worst. I just can't fathom how they managed to market and package this with barely any color pay off from any of the eyeshadows. The L'oreal La Palette is better, not the best palette either, but better than this. In short, the nudes' pigmentation was worse than the dollar shadow quads at Dollar Tree lol. Also, they didn't last that well if at all on my lids.

It's great to see that drugstores are coming out with more palettes!
However, this quality really isn't good. The eyeshadows are not creamy, they're not blendable, they're not pigmented, the formula is terrible, and just overall not worth it.

The target market for this eyeshadow are young people and people who don't spend a lot of money on makeup and people who aren't really knowledgeable about makeup, I'm thinking a lot of the people reviewing this haven't experienced really good high quality eyeshadows and that's why they seem to like this palette. They just don't know any better. It gets compared to the naked palette (those eyeshadows are great and very versatile and definitely a lot better than this palette, but there are eyeshadows even better than the naked palette..at a better price, too)

honestly, the concept is great but the formula just isn't there. There are tons of better eyeshadows out there, even better urban decay naked dupes out there. Save up for a naked palette (if you're a trend follower), even the too faced 9-pan eyeshadow palettes are great, lorac, or get some makeup forever eyeshadows or even a lancome or estee lauder or dior palette.

PLEASE INVEST IN A BETTER EYESHADOW PALETTE
THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS THAT ARE BETTER QUALITY
you'll use less product, the eyeshadow sizes are bigger, colors are better and more pure, etc