Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

PROS
- Great price
- Blends well
- Nice shades
- No extreme fallout
- Last all day without eyeshadow primer (I don't have oily lids)

CONS
- Not super pigmented
- No mirror
- Shimmer shades are slightly cakey

This palette is not very pigmented, and the light shimmers have a strange cakeyness to them. It's difficult to build color without it looking splotchy, and it doesn't last very long...even with primer. You can make it work with this palette, but it is certainly fussy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Not worth the money! The colours look very pretty in the box but that's it - the pigmentation is so bad/weak that unless you apply a cream eye-shadow first, they barely show, even with multiple layers. I also bought "The Blushed Nudes" and they are just as bad. I tried using the lighter shades as a highlighter but they didn't work. The worst palette I've ever bought!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

defiantly not one of maybelline better products I have to build n build n wet the brush to get any pigment payoff and it seems all the pallets in this particular line the rock nudes and the other one is the same I have all of them buying hoping the next one would be better than the one before, but same issue no pigment payoff I wish these cosmetics companies would listin to the customers and make changes where needed defiantly a No Maybelline No.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
- Nice nude colors
- Some are matte, some are a bit shimmery
- On the back, it shows you different ways to wear them
- Good pigmentation
- Last for 6+ hours (that's how long I wore it)
Cons:
- No mirror! :(
- Cheap eyeshadow sponge thing instead of a real brush
This is overall a pretty good eyeshadow palette, probably one of my favorites from the drugstore! You can use it for everyday looks, or use some more shimmery shades for a glammed up day!

EDIT: the pigmentation sucks on the shades I wanted to love most - the gold one, the sparkly brown, and the beige. Ugh.

I was excited to try this palette. Considering its nude colors selection and the price tag, they were Perfect!
I used this palette for over a year, and during that time I also purchased WnW's Comfort Zone palette.

I thought I was going to love it, but this palette came as far as a 'meh' for me (especially when I compared it with WnW's Comfort Zone which was almost two times cheaper than The Nudes).

The colors were nice, no objection, and the swatches looked ok. However, when I put them on my eyelid, they were not as pigmented as seen on the swatches on my arm. The colors intensity weren't that great and because of that, they didn't last long on my eyelid. There were a few times when I used The Nude since in the morning, and by around noon my colleagues would asked me if I were wearing eye shadows??! Surprised. I looked myself in the mirror and there was literally almost nothing showed on my eyelid!

Some may argue that this is a drugstore brand and expectation should be kept low, or that I need to 'work' with it more if I want it to work.
Well, hey! WnW's Comfort Zone is almost two times cheaper (like I mentioned above) but it works as good as many high-end palettes (UD's NAKED, for sure). So the understanding (and perhaps, acceptance) of drugstore products mean mediocrity is not true here. When I had already tried other cheaper drugstore palette like WnW and found out that it was much better than The Nude.

I still kept The Nude, but to be honest, I never reached for it. I might used for it when I need light makeup...or when I feel like using it....I 'might'.

I am not too picky when it comes to make-up but this palette is, in a word, worthless. The colours are pretty but that's it. The shades are chalky, hard to blend... It's a hassle to work with. It's hard to achieve a good look with this stuff. A waste of time and money. I might keep it and use the lighter colours for highlighting, otherwise I will just toss it. Luckily it was on the cheaper side and I bought in on promotion.

P.S. On the plus side, I received the I Heart Makeup chocolate palette as a gift from a family member. It's beautiful to work with, comes with a huge mirror and it's really affordable. Love!

The colors are pretty but don't show well when applied. It fades really fast and the color isn't as pigmented as it should be. For me, it's not worth it for its price.

I was gifted this pallete, and I wanted to like it, because I'm all about the nude shades, and the packaging is pretty. The shadows look pretty, but that's about it. They are poorly pigmented; the white and the two ''pinky'' ones are completely invisible, even when applied over a primer. The brown ones and the black one is okay. The gold one is not pigmented enough; during blending, it turned matte, the shimmer just fell off.

Not worth the price.

I really wanted to love this palette. The shades are seriously lacking in pigment. Do yourself a favor and skip. Unless you are white as paper, the colors are going to be too light to notice.