Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.3

I have only a few words to say about this product because I have only worn it for one day. i immediately liked it better than the Urban Decay Naked 2 that i have and rarely wear. I used 3 or 4 colors over the Hard Candy face primer. the colors went on really smoothly and look great. Somehow the Urban Decay is never right on me. it is too intense, too gritty, too everything. i also had the Naked 1 and didn't like it at all. The Maybelline shadows have worn well all day. no creasing. normally i find Maybelline shadows to be more "miss: than "hit", but this palette is great.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have to say I'm not a fan of Maybelline's powder eyeshadows although I have a few of the older formulas that I like very much such as Earthly Taupe, Linen and a duo Dusk. Well, I bought this at Walmart for $10, pricey for Walmart! I'm debating whether to return this after using it a few times. I get the negative reviews on the lighter colors, but I am a taupe, and brown shades shadow collector. I like the sturdy case, unlike the older quads that break when you breathe on them. I didn't like the included applicator, the sponge fell off the wand and I threw it away, using instead my own brushes. I use a Wet n Wild primer first, Fergie's something or other which powder e/s seem to stick better. The darker colors are ok on me, I didn't have the problems the other reviewers had, but that upper left corner shadow has no pigment at all. A bit sparkly but not over the top glitter which I hated. I only use this palette a few times since so I'm really on the fence!

EDIT: 9/3/14 I'm keeping this. I found a way to use the upper left color by dampening my brush - not wetting it and applying it that way. It also works with the lighter taupey colors and some of the mattes. Bumping up a lippie too.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this at Harmon's for $9.79. Bed, Bath and Beyond will have it soon for around same price point. Great kit. It's about time a drugstore line made a palette -especially with nude colors. Thank you Maybelline! Not the same quality as UD Nakeds or Lorac Unzipped, but fine for the price. Shadows last with an eye shadow base.