Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.9

I love this! I use almost all of the colors. I use the lower far right for eyeliner when wet, the upper far right is perfect as eyebrow color, the upper fourth is great lower lid color ,upper far left, highlighter and inner eye, and upper fifth and lower second great eyelid color. These have no fallout as my beloved NYX, Love in Paris, do.

I hated this the first couple of times I used it, shadows were difficult to blend, patchy in their pigmentation, really felt is wasted my money even though I got it at 50% off and it was cheap.

I've recently revisited it, it was sitting in my drawer and I thought I'd give it another look. I also watched the emilynoel YouTube video on this and she gave some great tips.

So, revisiting, yes, the pigmentation is still a bit patchy, they aren't easy shadows to blend and you have to work to build up the colour. Pros - I can get a great variety of wearable work appropriate looks with this. I can play with taupes and Browns without breaking the bank. The organization of the colours into groups is great. There are 3 X quads, a cool, a warm and a neutral. There are 4 X trios left to right adjacent to each other, then there are the 6 X duos. This is a great little learners pallet to teach beginners how to combine colours or for getting ready for work mornings when you are trying to pull together a look but don't have a lot of time to overthink it.

So, my conclusion? It's a cheap drugstore pallet, it's not a high lend pallet, it's ideal for the woman who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on makeup and who wants to look professional without over thinking it. It's also a great pallet to learn on. The shadows are great quality but at 1/8 the price of an urban decay naked pallet that's fine by me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Contrary to most other reviewers, I have found that the colours do not lack pigment too much, they are buildable enough, at least for my taste.
I like all the colours, they are a really good array of mostly warm neutrals, all eminently wearable. There are matte as well as shimmer and satin shades plus a black which I find is not toooo saturated and so one of the easier blacks to wear.
Won't be purchasing as there are plenty of other options in this category but I shall enjoy this palette.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The color intensity isn't as much as higher end palettes, but will work if you are doing a subtle eye or new to eye shadows. I reach for this when I need something to go with other eye shadows (such as a medium matte to cut a crease) or I am looking for a neutral eye. It seems like a good choice if your budget is tight. I haven't tried any of the Naked palettes yet so I can't compare it to them. It's not anything better than any of Maybelline's other eye shadows, but better than those other cheap drugstore palettes because it's not overly glittery or chalky. The color intensity is best when applied over a primer or concealor.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

About me
natural blond (dyed dark blond now)
hooded blue eyes
40+
I love neutral e/s
I wear Essence concealer as a "primer"on my eyelids daily

What Maybelline says
Why You'll Love It
Our first 12 shade collection curated to create infinite looks with bold beiges, sultry sands, brazen bronzes, and over the top taupes.

What I say
I dont wear eyeshadow on a daily base, usually 4 out of 7 days per week. But when I wear eyeshadow I always wear neutrals. I tried green and purple but I just dont feel comfortable wearing these shades.
I bought this palette after reading some reviews from 40+ woman at MUA and two of the reviews made me pull the trigger for this palette ((thanks Redlipsdiva and BelleDeCrecy!).
What I love is that it has shimmery and matt shades and the shades are buildable and I dont experience any fall out (I do always tap my 239 before I apply my e/s). The other thing I love is the back side of the palette, Maybelline shows how you can pair these shades and I so love that as Im always confused which shades I should pair lol.

I wear concealer on my eyelids as a base and the staying power of The Nudes is good, no fall out during the day. I also find them buttery and easy to blend.
You can go dark with a good smoky eye or go very neutral and use the softer shades.

My fave combination so far:
* no. 9 on lid, no. 5 in crease and up (as I have hooded eyes), no 8 outer V and no. 3 as a highligter / dark brown eyeliner
* no. 8 on my lid, no 2 in my crease and up blending no. 5 into my crease too and no. 3 as a highlighter / medium brown eyeliner
* no. 4 on lid, no. 5 in my crease and up and no. 9 in the inner corner and no. 3 as a highlighter / no eyeliner

I've owned the Neutral palette by Too Faced and even though I loved it (sold it 3 years ago as I got allergic for talc (thank heaven Im no longer allergic to talc now)), I love this The Nudes palette more, I mean, hello a cardboard palette, Im 48 years old, cardboard palettes suppose to be for children to play with?

Only downside: no mirror in the palette

Pics I've uploaded are by Beautygloss and Beauty101

Update October 26, 2015
Even though I loved using this palette I bought the Clinique Wear Everywhere Neutrals All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette and replace this Nudes palette by Maybelline.

I love this collection. I have the original nudes and the blushed. They are perfect for me because I don't wear makeup all the time and they give just a hint of color and shine.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Lovely to look at in the kit. But, wearing it is a different story. The shadows have no staying power and don't apply well. I can get the same effect from eyeshadow from the 99 cent store. Disclaimer: I have oily skin.

I love these colors. I don't have the UD palettes, so I can't comment on the pigments compared to those, but these are good for the price. You can really do some great looks from natural daytime to smokey without missing a beat. Given the enormous price difference, I would definitely buy this again!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The shades look good in the pans but have zero pigmentation. Once you do build up some colour they are difficult to blend even with primer. I was tempted because I had not bought Maybelline shadows in many, many years and this looked like a good collection of colours for travel. It's very disappointing. If you are looking for inexpensive shadow try NYC because they are far better. If you have any more than three nude shades in something like MAC or NYX just pass on this or make sure you can return it. I imagine that the nudes collection coming out from L'Oreal will be better.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the new Maybelline New York The Nudes, I was immediately ecstatic and put it in my shopping cart as a "for sure" purchase. The packaging is a sleek, black rectangular shape that fits nicely in with the rest of my beauty products and would be easy to slip into a beach bag for a long weekend at the beach. The palette includes 12 colors that pretty much cover the majority of nude colors, some semi-matte and some slightly shimmery. Nothing is overly pigmented, and there is little fall-out, which can be cured by using Shadow Shields or layering loose powder under the eyes. There are no intense primary colors; however, I had very good luck building the colors with a flat brush using short, patting motions. Prior to applying the eye shadows, I used RoC Smooth Perfexion Instant Line Corrector over my face, eyelids, and neck as a primer. NOTE: I always apply my foundation first and build from there.

I went to lunch with a coworker, who loved the smokey eye effect. My hubby also loved the smokey eye and is encouraging me to keep trying different looks with this palette, which is versatile enough to go from a basic nude/lazy weekend look, to corporate office professional look, to a sultry, cat-eye look. I highly recommend this palette, which is a steal compared to Urban Decay, Stila, and other high-end palettes.

Jouir-Enjoy!