Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Not worth the money! The colours look very pretty in the box but that's it - the pigmentation is so bad/weak that unless you apply a cream eye-shadow first, they barely show, even with multiple layers. I also bought "The Blushed Nudes" and they are just as bad. I tried using the lighter shades as a highlighter but they didn't work. The worst palette I've ever bought!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Good for daytime/everyday wear for a natural look. Most of the colors lack the pigmentation of a higher end pallette and you really need to pack it on and blend however if you aren't that great with shadow this is much more forgiving than a high end product. It could definitely use more matte colors I don't find the high shimmer very flattering for every day wear. For $12 it met my expectations and is workable

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great basic palette. This is my DS go to along with the Nude blushes palette. No irritation and I love the colors.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I would totally rebuy this again (& did coz I lost it. My room eats MU!). I got this & blushed nudes & I should've bought them sooner is all I can say! If you don't have this palette & u collect nude palettes ur collection is incomplete w/o this! Ifs only $11 & btw blushed nudes is not exclusive to Walmart I got both of mine at Kroger. Now I'm thinking about the smoked & rock palettes coz I'm so impressed! Bravo to Maybelline for throwing ur hat into the ring & being the best DS eyeshadows (except I do love elf e/s but it's kind of hard to get unless u go to a store w an elf carousel not a lot of DS have elf around my area. Anyhoo.) if you like this u would really love elf 144 neutral palette, BH Cosmetics 88 Neutral, & Coastal Scents 88 Warm. I rewrote my review I take it all back the negative stuff i'm a baebelline! I've been buying a lot of Maybelline lately & it's a super good brand & I have access to a good display of it (not been ravaged to bits like the Ulta NYX display is by a bunch of tweakers), I'm buying about 1/3 DS makeup ratio to high end i guess I could say. I spent $200 on DS MU in the recent past. I know really it's like how do u spend $200 on MU let alone DS MU "do u get what u pay for?" I think Maybelline has done some major overhauling & revamping of their line first of all it was a brand that never interested me but now I'm finding I am quite happy w my recent DS purchases but yes I am happier w what I get from Sephora but I'm discovering a lot of DS gems lately. I've been lucky! Ok this palette is a beautiful mix of nudetral shades which I'm sure ev1 is aware that this is based on the colors of brown. All of the colors complement each other so well, the packaging it needs a mirror but omg the little information printed on the back just so useful!! It tells you how to group the colors into duo's, trios & quads or alternately a few shades could be "one-&-done" (worn solo). I can't imagine this friendly little bugger offending any1's sensibilities at a mere $11 + a few Ei in coins (that's tax!!), if you don't have this already go to Ulta & use the $3.50 off $15 coupon (it's printed in the Sunday's circular but just courteously & ask if they could be so gracious as to give u the coupon & im sure if the register person will do it for you, if not then politely & discreetly ask to talk to the store manager). This palette goes w any coloring of skintone I'm NC20 myself & find that I prefer urban decay to this but I mean for-cryin-in-the-beer this is $11! UD is $54! & now Maybelline has duped the UD Naked dual ended eyeliner pencils as well. Score another for Maybelline! At just weighing in at over $11 retail this is the most expensive of Maybelline's offerings which is amazing even w the extensive print & media campaigns can still remain budget-friendly. Products I would put with this: black liquid eyeliner, Fuschia lipstick/lipliner, black mascara, u can use this palette to fill in brows & as a liner as well as there's a black shade that is tremendously fierce when applied wet w the sponge tip applicators. Am I the only kid now who still appreciates a fine sponge tip applicator?! I know I'm a savage when it comes to tools I'm basically living in the paleo Dino era coz I'm the only individual who likes them.

Anyways get your grubby paws on this palette! U need a DS pick-me-up!! :-)

The new edition of the palettes have the name of each eyeshadow on the lid so that's helpful. The tutorial at the back of the palette is great for beginners.The pro's is that I find the colors very blendable but I need to use a bit more of the product to see color. Pigmentation is just ok but shades are wearable and mostly come from the warm family & the colors complement each other. Some colors are sheer and nice & perfect for work. I would recommend if you are on a budget. It wouldn't be fair to compare this to UD because this is a drugstore brand so the quality is certainly going to be different. I do like the clear lid packaging. I see the colors working for summer,fall as well as weddings. The colors are universally flattering and would suit any skin tone. There`s a color for everyone.

The con is that there`s not much product in the pan. Its actually quite small and you need to use more product to see color so you do hit the pan fast. The second gripe is the fallout during application. So you may want to place a tissue under your eye when applying the eyeshadow. Thirdly, I noticed chalks of colors were flaking from my pan accelerating the life of the product! This baby is definitely not coming with me for my travels as there might be more chalks breaking from the pan, so its just gonna sit on my dresser for now.

But having said all that, this is cheap for that many colors, so I'm not complaining. This pallete is more for gals on tough economic times. Somehow you`ll survive with the pro's of the product!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this with a little trepidation after hearing some pretty negative reviews about the product. Whilst these eye shadows may not be in the same league as the Urban Decay Naked palettes, I am really impressed by this little collection of neutral eyeshadows that should suit most people in terms of budget, quality and range of shades.

A lot of thought has been put into the shades included in the collections and how they are presented. There are suggested combinations on the back of the packaging for people like me who can be a bit baffled and overwhelmed when presented with such a big range of options. I have been playing about with this palette for just over a month now and while I have my favourites (there is a lovely bronze/gold shade in the bottom row that is quite good with my blue eyes) I have used all of the shades in the palette - including the scary (to me!) looking black shade.

I find they all last well during the day although I dos wear them with an eye primer - I use the Rimmel eye primer (the one in the white tube with the red lid). Most of the shades are well pigmented but one or two need an extra coaxing to show up. There is a very shimmery white colour right beside the black shade in the bottom row that needs a bit of work to get it to show up but this is also an advantage. I use this as a very subtle highlight in the inner corner of my eyes and to blend out the black shade.

I am very impressed by this product. It's affordable and very wearable with a very good range of shades which can be used to create very natural daytime looks and more dramatic evening looks as you prefer. I would buy this again a definitely recommend it to my friends. I also notice I can wear this eyeshadow quite comfortable with no irritation on my eyelids. I have quite crepy eyelids that are easily irritated by glittery or shimmery shadows.

I was pretty happy with the selection of shades and the pigment pay off.

Most colours glided on smoothly and lasted well throughout out the day.

My complaints are minor: Personally I would have gotten more use out of the palette if it had more matte shades. My older eyelids weren't flattered by the most shimmery shadows.
I also felt that the directions on the back regarding which colours to put where were "wrong" in some cases.

Still feel this palette is universally flattering. If you don't already have something similar, definitely worth a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a good all in one option depending on what you're looking for and if you can get it cheap enough.

TEXTURE:
10 sheer shades and 2 good pigmentation. Most are shimmery, a few with annoying glittery fallout. Most of the colors are patchy and difficult to blend, especially if you use the foam applicator they provide. Better with your own brushes. Nice quality for casual work situations or going out for a few hours. Wouldn't be my first choice for say 8 - 10 hours+ for a professional job like in a bank, school, or office. Its a bit patchy, shimmers fallout, and doesn't hold up to all day wear.

SHADE SELECTION:
Good mix. But repetition as its mostly all sheers and similar middle tones. I find myself supplementing the palette with a pale/creme shade and a very dark chocolate it needs to get a wider range of looks. That matt patchy sheer greyish black at the end is totally useless to me as its poorly pigmented and grey belongs to a smoky palette anyway not a nude one so it doesn't enhance this palette at all.

I have very fair skin and the colors show up well on me - deeper and mostly suitable for the evening. But medium+ toned ladies might be disappointed. On darker skin the shades don't show up well and mostly look all look the same - ie sheer shimmer and not much color.

PACKAGING:
Sleek and fits in a small makeup bag. Does not have a mirror, which I miss as I usually use the mirrored palettes to do my makeup in. Throw away the scratchy foam applicator brush and use your own. These eyeshadows need alot of blending and this particular applicator struggles with that. There is a nice long slot that you could slip in a couple of mini's or one longer travel brush if you prefer have your brushes right there to use on the go.

these neg reviews.. some r butt hurt cause they spend 50.00 for the UD palette so they want to say this is crap so they don't feel so screwed. the price and pigment is good colors are pretty there is a little fall out but it has lasted me all day. also the pans havent fell out like the UD palette does.I will buy again

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been searching for a Nude Quad/Duo, SOMETHING. So when RiteAid had this 40% I Snoopy danced out the door thinking, "Jackpot" all these great colors for $6...my happiness was short lived when I started using the pallette and realized that although there are some really great options, there is NO STAYING POWER. Even using a Primer (UD Primer Potion or Monitstat) these colors really had to be worked up to even look like I had any on. When they said "The Nudes" they meant it. I am not overly critical and can usually look past flaws if there is a redeeming quality but there isn't anything here. I was hoping to find suitable replacements for some WNW Trios that are now DCD ( Belgian Chocolates for example) but not finding it here...