Maybelline The Nudes

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.3

I was excited to try this palette. Considering its nude colors selection and the price tag, they were Perfect!
I used this palette for over a year, and during that time I also purchased WnW's Comfort Zone palette.

I thought I was going to love it, but this palette came as far as a 'meh' for me (especially when I compared it with WnW's Comfort Zone which was almost two times cheaper than The Nudes).

The colors were nice, no objection, and the swatches looked ok. However, when I put them on my eyelid, they were not as pigmented as seen on the swatches on my arm. The colors intensity weren't that great and because of that, they didn't last long on my eyelid. There were a few times when I used The Nude since in the morning, and by around noon my colleagues would asked me if I were wearing eye shadows??! Surprised. I looked myself in the mirror and there was literally almost nothing showed on my eyelid!

Some may argue that this is a drugstore brand and expectation should be kept low, or that I need to 'work' with it more if I want it to work.
Well, hey! WnW's Comfort Zone is almost two times cheaper (like I mentioned above) but it works as good as many high-end palettes (UD's NAKED, for sure). So the understanding (and perhaps, acceptance) of drugstore products mean mediocrity is not true here. When I had already tried other cheaper drugstore palette like WnW and found out that it was much better than The Nude.

I still kept The Nude, but to be honest, I never reached for it. I might used for it when I need light makeup...or when I feel like using it....I 'might'.

I am not too picky when it comes to make-up but this palette is, in a word, worthless. The colours are pretty but that's it. The shades are chalky, hard to blend... It's a hassle to work with. It's hard to achieve a good look with this stuff. A waste of time and money. I might keep it and use the lighter colours for highlighting, otherwise I will just toss it. Luckily it was on the cheaper side and I bought in on promotion.

P.S. On the plus side, I received the I Heart Makeup chocolate palette as a gift from a family member. It's beautiful to work with, comes with a huge mirror and it's really affordable. Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great nude pallette for a beginner. Before going out and splashing out on an Urban decay naked for example, I'd highly recommend this to play around with. The colours are beautiful. It's a standard palette in terms of colours. This a good everyday palette for work. I have dark skin so the colours go well with my skin tone. With a bit of primer you can get 8 hours out of these colours. Pigmentation is good. Does require a bit of blending which is fine. Love the strategic placement of colours. Love the darker shades in this palette. I'd recommend a brush as the applicator is just ok. If only this palette had a mirror. Overall a decent purchase. I'd say it's value for money. You'll get good wear out of this box, practically all the colours are wearable. Given that I get almost 10 hours out of this I'm happy. I'm going to use it till it finishes, try different techniques and then buy something highend.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT - I recently switched eyeshadow primers - I am now currently using the Milani Eyeshadow Primer. I have used this palette once since switching primers & I have got to say that the shadows did not fade on me AT ALL with the Milani primer. I have also recently picked up a few of the Maybelline Color Tattoos & I think they really help the shades in this palette pop!! I think I like this palette even more with the Milani primer & the color tattoos! :)

I really like this palette! I wanted the Blushed Nudes to be my favourite because I have a thing for the rosy tones but this one is my favorite of the Maybelline palettes that I own (don't buy the Brights, it's awful - not that you can get it anymore anyway). I find the pigmentation on this to be a little hit & miss but I can get it to work well for the natural looks I am going for. I find myself always going back to this palette. The one downfall of it is that I do find it to fade on me but that could be the eye primer I am using with it (Essence's I <3 stage shadow base - I am considering switching to a different primer when I run out of that one to see if I can improve on the staying power). Personally, it does exactly what I need it to. I love this little drugstore palette! :)

I love this palette! It is my go-to over the Naked Basics or Naked2 Basics. This was such a good drugstore find. I love the black as a liner and for tight-lining.

I find the payoff better than Naked, but largely prefer the matte shades, especially the dark brown, I love the shimmery light grey taupe colour in the centre of my lid as it really helps my honey brown eye colour pop (beside the black shade) and wish I could buy it solo. I like to use fingers for the shimmery ones to help blend out.

Overall:
Better than Naked, not as good as MAC, great price and selection of mattes and shimmers.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

These shadows are impossible to blend and some of them are so under pigmented that they don't show up at all. It's a shame because this palette looks so pretty! :(

For ultra-wearable eyeshadows with lasting power, I highly recommend Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. The price tag is absolutely amazing — you are paying less than 50 cents for each of twelve ultra-wearable shades!

Where you lose out a bit with the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is applicability and color/sparkle density. I recommend using the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette with an eyeshadow primer to make them more blendable and spreadable. For day-to-day, I don’t necessarily want a lot of color or sparkle density, but for fancy occasions, I might switch to a different, slightly more expensive palette.

Nonetheless, the Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is amazing, and I’m a fan! An awesome buy, especially with an eyeshadow primer.

Follow the link below for a more detailed review!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of drug store brands and will be the first to say that you definitely can find drug store products that compete with high end. Unfortunately, this is not one of those products. I love Maybelline, but this palette is a total fail. The colors are beautiful but the texture, quality, and effectiveness are not even worth the plastic it came in.

Note: I used Urban Decay primer potion before applying the eye shadows.

The lighter disappear when put them on the lid. A few coats are needed for the shine to come through. I used the lighter colors on my lid and on the brow bone, but it didn't come through like it should have, so I applied at least three layers. The darker pigments DO NOT blend at all. I used one on top of a transition color (so that it wasn't directly sticking to the primer) and it just stayed in place. No matter how hard I tried to blend it out, it remained awkward and I looked like an amateur.

The good news: I still find use for it. I use the dark brown colors to fill in my eyebrows, for which they are perfect. The color isn't too intense and it stays in place (duh! because you can't blend them out).

Definitely a pass.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great palette for drugstore quality. I for one am quite happy with it. Its perfect for daytime. It has some shimmery shades & a few matte ones. In my experience working with these eyeshadows I have never had a problem with pigmentation. I would say the only shade that has no color payoff is the shimmery gold from the bottom row. I don't really care for that color anyways. The rest are fine. I can create neutral eyelooks with them. Some of the colors are true bronze shades, others are camel browns. Then there are some browns with gray undertones. There's a decent matte highlight shade, and a champagne one. It's basically a variety of browns. The black shade is nice as well. I will definitely repurchase this palette as it is my go-to for everyday.

I have Naked 1, but had this come out at the same time, I probably would have gotten by just fine (and $40 richer) only using The Nudes palette.

It had been awhile since I'd bought a Maybelline eyeshadow because my previous experience with them, years back, had been one of chalkiness and a lack of pigmentation. Thankfully, it seems they've changed the formula for the better, at least for the satin finish shades.

This lovely palette boasting 12 small squares of shades for a reasonable $10 is fairly fabulous. All and I mean all of the shades are wearable. None are a true matte, which to me is a good thing, and none are a glitter bomb either. The shades range from light and warm golds to golden bronzes, to a silvery taupe and champagne, a pearlescent pearl, slightly purple grays and cocoas, to a subtle black. Many boast some shimmer but no chunky glitters. Again, all lovely, all useful. No fillers here.

The pigmentation is ranges from meh to very good. The lighter, matter shades are less rich and more chalky, but the satin finish shades (particularly the ones most similar and quite comparable to UD Smog & Half-Baked) are well pigmented and have a smooth texture. Not quite urban decay level in pigmentation or long-wear but doesn't start to fade for about 5-6 hours and I don't wear primers. Goes on smoothly with minimal to no fallout. I use my fingers to apply these. The formulas are mostly smooth, some almost buttery, blending fairly easily.

I was happily surprised by the quality and versatility of this palette and would definitely recommend it. Not only is it packed full of beautiful, well-made shades but the palette isn't as big and cumbersome as the Nakeds and others are. I find myself reaching for it much more often than Naked 1 now.

The only caveat is the packaging is a little chintzy. Drop it and the shadows may break and/or the pans may pop out. I also wish they had included a better application tool with this, and more than one considering there is room for it, but that's a small quibble.