Shiseido Ultimune

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Shiseido  Ultimune

2.7

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don’t know whom this serum is targeted to because I honestly cannot properly identify its functions or age group.
As much as I like Shiseido products (many items work wonders on my skin, I love their Bio Performance line, I adore the foundations & other makeup items) I really cannot understand Ultimune.
It is a runny , transparent serum that come is a magnificent red designer’s bottle (the wow effect stops at the bottle).
The serum is runny and is almost pure alcohol. I have combo skin and when I put this one on, I can really see my cheek skin getting tight and dehydrated : I can see lines forming!!!.
But nothing else as per hydration properties or smoothing effect.
I think it could work for very oily skin, because alcohol makes the trick, but then a younger audience would never pay the very steep price for this one ( the 30 ml bottle retails in Europe for 80 Euros approx).
I had several samples, that I tried to use up, now I got a 10 ml bottle in a set that I am trying to use but no way, my skin does not agree with it.
I would never buy this serum, and I see really few people that can truly benefit from it.
If you need a really good serum, for ALL skin types that really performs, go for Advanced night Repair, the gold standard for serums.

on 11/18/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's all Birchbox's fault. I would never have even heard of this stuff had I not received it in my Birchbox, and that would have saved me a lot of money. I HATE that I love this product. It makes no sense to me. I am always careful to use products that contain ingredients I've researched that supposedly function to help my particular needs, (i.e. I look for arbutin to help with dark spots, BHAs for my pores, Witch Hazel for soothing without sliming, etc.). But this..."Power Infusing"?? Is this for when my ability to climb walls needs to be recharged? Ingredients-wise there's nothing in this...absolutely nothing...that would draw me to purchase it. I am no chemist, and I'm definitely not a cosmetics chemist, so I cannot figure out how the products ingredients synergize to do what they seem to do! It has Vitamin E...(big deal)...It's also got Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract. I looked this up. Its many names are "Beefsteak Plant", "Basilic Japonais", "Menthe Pourpre", "Huile de Shiso", "Perilla Fructesans"...there are many more.I think it might be possible that the alcohol in this...serum?...enhances penetration of ingredients...rosewater, gingko biloba, thyme, baking soda...(?). I don't know, but all together this is...magical.

The bottom line is this stuff makes my skin feel incredible. It seems to add energy, immediately upon application. It makes my skin soft, with an "outdoorsy glow", and (I have to say it), this smells beautiful. I would wear this as perfume if I could. I admit that the scent could be swaying me to adore this product more than it deserves. It's horribly expensive for what seems to be a super-elegant, luxurious toner. However, I guess I need a super-elegant, luxurious toner because after I finished my Birchbox sample bottle, I was compelled to drop $95 for my own lovely bottle. This just feels fabulous on my skin.

EDIT - I have now purchased my third bottle and I'm still loving it. My skin is clear and soft, and I haven't had a breakout in months.

on 10/11/2015 1:29:00 PM

I used my sample for 3 days & noticed nothing. I would not buy this.