SHISEIDO Ultimune

SHISEIDO Ultimune

3.4

Wat

on 9/16/2018 10:14:00 AM

This product is claimed to be good. It does nothing extraordinary for me, except for making me feel better about giving strength booster for my skin (as how shiseido claim it to be) Ive used up 5 or more bottles and so far so good. Not addictive either which i like. I can go with it or without.

on 11/23/2017 2:35:00 PM

I need to review this again, since the “bad” ingredients - the parabens at least- have been taken off! So this time I’ve got the 75ml bottle and I am still happy about the result. Still, I am not fully convinced it does miracles, it is a pre-serum so better you use it before your regular serum / moisturiser.

I would buy it again if Shiseido would take some bad ingredients off! This is the result of 20 years of research and what do we find? Methylparaben inside and not only that. As someone here also underlined, this is quite disappointing. The price also is sky high. I got a 15 ml bottle at 39.00 euros and it lasted about 2 months. I used for the morning and night skincare, after the toner and before the moisturiser. I have to confess I liked it, I liked the scent, I liked the texture, the feeling on my skin. My skin was most probably brighter and I now can say I can see the difference since when I stopped using it. Nevertheless I think it is not worth the price and as said I find unacceptable such a massive use of parabens.

on 11/15/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I am religiously using this day and night and it made my skin clear and smooth. I'm using it together with Shiseido Vital-Perfection White Circulator Serum and it gives the best result. Quite expensive but I think it's worth it.

on 10/13/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What people don’t understand is that , one still needs to apply a serum after applying this concentrate. I’ve used it for 2 weeks after the balancing softener and have received good comments about my skin

on 4/17/2017 10:40:00 PM

I purchased this product because I have finished my one month treatment with La Prairie cellular power infusion. I decided to try this one out because I used to use whole range of Shiseido back then. Their products are amazing but such a shame they didn't work on me anymore.

So what is this product basically? This product works in similar way with la prairie cellular power infusion. But the difference is that Shiseido never advertised it as some sort of "stem cells". Your skin cells just like your body has defense mechanism. This defense mechanism is to defend the skin cells from water pollution, air pollution and all other natural aggressor that will make your skin aging prematurely. This product feeds energy or power into the skin cells to make them stronger and more resilient towards those natural aggressors.

The packaging is a sleek glass bottle with pump. Despite the red color it is actually a see through bottle and you can see when your product is running out. I apply this every morning and night. 3 pumps are enough for the whole face as well as neck. The best way to apply this is by patting motion with a light pressure to make sure that the product is really going in into your skin rather than sits on top of your skin. The texture is more liquid-y than usual serums. Since this is more of a concentrate rather than a serum I layer my usual serum on top of this product. Again with this kind of product, you can't really see the difference. The reason I gave it a thumb up, because after 3 weeks of using it the breakouts around my neck subsides by a lot and there is no more breakout and I felt the healing process around my neck is faster. I don't recommend to use this product as a stand alone serum. I felt that it is not hydrating enough.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Cut it short, it's to be applied before skincare products to enhance absorption and boost skin's natural immune. It's never suppose to be moisturising or deliver immediate result because, how do you judge whether it improve skin's immune base on short term usage?

Pros:
- does make absorption easier (due to alcohol)
- packaging is REAL pretty

Cons:
- still alcohol (Stay away from this if you're allergic)
- not moisturising
- no visible improvement on overall complexion (1/3 used)

However, Shiseido claim that they research on this for 20 years and their products are always better than average so I'm hoping to see good results in the long term.

on 10/27/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This serum really works - but it isn't great for underneath makeup.

Pros: Very lightweight and doesn't clog pores (I'm oily-combination). It doesn't overpower skin and did not cause any breakouts (I'm super acne prone). I've been using it at night and on my 'no makeup' days and my skin seems brighter, smoother and softer to touch. I also feel that it helped heal a few pimples. It just makes my skin feel well looked after and thankful for it. The packaging is great too - love the pump.

Cons: it's pricey. It alsoleaves a slight residue which is a bit sticky and doesn't disappear no matter how long you wait. My moisturiser went on really smoothly, but my makeup just balled up, which never happened to me before. Not a cute look. For this reason I've been using this only at night & on my no makeup days.

on 10/17/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I'm not even sure what role this product is supposed to fill in the skincare routine. I guess it's closest to a serum, but it doesn't seem to have enough of an impact to actually be considered one. After using up my deluxe sample, I do feel like my skin is better - i.e., smoother and with less blemishes than usual, but at the same time, I could achieve the same results with products that are far, far cheaper.

And like others have mentioned, the alcohol will be problematic for some people.

Because personally I did experience at least an inkling of something good with this product, I won't rate it low. It just isn't a miracle worker by any means, however.

on 10/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this 'serum' out for awhile, twice a day as recommended and I can honestly say it did nothing for my skin -maybe felt a general softness, but my skin is already soft. There is a strong tone of alcohol in the product scent. As the serum dries on the skin I felt a tightening sensation (relieved once I applied moisturizer), I know that serums shouldn't feel that way, hence the alcohol component. Not repurchasing because it's too expensive for not having much performance. There are certainly better products out there

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Because it contains alcohol I won't recommend it. It does make the skin feel good like a very smooth primer. It might 'energize' skin by the tingling effect in reaction to the alcohol and possibly some other ingredients? I was already quite happy with my skincare but this did seem to help a couple of pimples die down. it doesn't do much of anything else for me so I'm giving it an ambivalent rating.