SHISEIDO Ultimune

2.5

Wat

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This used to be a great product and they re-formulated it without saying on the package that it was a new formula. I found out online after noticing the different texture. It used to work really well as a pre-serum and had a soothing texture. Now it makes no difference at all to my skin and has a disgusting texture. It used to be unique and worth the expensive price. Now it is like a lot of other over-priced serums. It does nothing except over-hydrate your skin and leave it sticky to touch.

Like all of Shiseido's skin care this is yet another overpriced bulky heavy product that does absolutely nothing for the skin. If anyone has any respect for Cosmetic Chemistry and what goes into a product then it would do you good to read what I have to say about not only this product but for most of Shiseido Skincare in its entirety .

First of all I do not know for the life of me how a brand like Shiseido, the very model of Japanese skin care and the care and meticulous stringent research and attention these people and this brand endeavour to perform but never deliver is able to create such a boring ineffective product such as this.

Like many other moisturisers and serums from this line the results, expectations and benefits are completely over exaggerated and the very ingredients that they claim to use are always,ALWAYS listed after either the fragrance or preservative or BOTH!

By law it is necessary for skin care ingredients to be placed in order of concentration from highest to lowest, in the case of Shiseido, it is always the latter. There is always water, denatured alcohol and silicones at the top, and all the lovely wonderful "Natural" and "Rare" ingredients right at the bottom after the fragrance and preservatives. Very very disappointing product from Shiseido, apart from a few select well formulated sunscreens and cleansers from Shiseido the rest of the line is basically redundant and has absolutely no benefit for the skin.

Oil of Olay at your local pharmacy would give you better results and a noticeable difference(They use plenty of Niacinamide B3) than anything from Shiseido ever would. Shiseido skin care is simply a big joke and shockingly overpriced for what you get. I wouldnt recommend this line at all.

on 5/3/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a sample size of this product from Sephora, and I still haven't been able to figure out what it's supposed to do or what type of skin it targets. Stinks because I normally love Shiseido products.

Anyway, this product has a ton of alcohol and makes my face temporarily dry and slightly sticky after application. It hasn't broken me out, but I have yet to see any skin improvements after weeks of diligent use. Consistency is somewhat runny and there is a mild fragrance. "Power Infusing Concentrate" sounds exciting, but my skin is sadly no more powerful than it was before I added this into my routine.

I fail to see a point for this product. Pass.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could not figure out what was giving me tiny whiteheads, and it turned out to be this!! I don't usually put alcohol on my face but I can't resist a sample.

on 4/24/2016 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product 2 months ago and I am using my second one. I really do not understand why many people do negative comments about it but it is one of the best skincare products I have ever used. My skin is fair-medium combination and sensitive type and allergic. It can be reddish very quickly. Shiseido Ultimune is very convenient for every skin type and if you use it twice a day regularly you can see the difference on your skin after a month. First of all it does not cause any reaction, no pimples.It makes the skin fresh, smooth, glowing and younger after a while. People notice the difference easily and make comments like "your skin looks very healthy and bright."
Also, it definitely increases the effectiveness of other products for skin care if you use ultimune first.
Highly recommend it.

I was given a sample of this product by the SA Sarah in Harvey Nicholls Dundrum Dublin she was the most helpful SA I have ever dealt with I wasn't even buying any products and she gave me samples to try, I explained to her that I suffer from very sensitive skin and also Rosacea also, I used the serum for 5 days and the red markings on my face disappeared I couldn't beleive it also my face looks a lot brighter, she also gave me a sample of the moisturizer benefience 24hr emulsion which I also loved. I will be using these products from now on as I love the results and have never got noticeable results from any other products.

on 2/6/2015 9:57:00 PM

I love this stuff!! I'm on my second bottle and it's for sure a serum I can't do without. Works best applied after toner - makes all other products work to their full potential.

on 10/22/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is dressed up in attractive packaging but the serum itself contains little of substance to justify the high price. Like another reviewerer noted, the second ingredient is denatured alcohol - all-around a poor ingredient for skincare. Over time it will cause dryness and possibly even an overall worsening of skin quality. It absorbs fast, but that's about the only pro - not until the 14th ingredient do you get to something that's actually botanical/plant-based. After water, it's all alcohols, silicones, and preservatives - you're probably better off not using anything than to use this on your face. It caused my skin to become dry, red, and irritated - I would highly recommend you steer clear of this product.