Shiseido Ultimune

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Shiseido  Ultimune

3.0

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

on 10/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this 'serum' out for awhile, twice a day as recommended and I can honestly say it did nothing for my skin -maybe felt a general softness, but my skin is already soft. There is a strong tone of alcohol in the product scent. As the serum dries on the skin I felt a tightening sensation (relieved once I applied moisturizer), I know that serums shouldn't feel that way, hence the alcohol component. Not repurchasing because it's too expensive for not having much performance. There are certainly better products out there

on 11/18/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's all Birchbox's fault. I would never have even heard of this stuff had I not received it in my Birchbox, and that would have saved me a lot of money. I HATE that I love this product. It makes no sense to me. I am always careful to use products that contain ingredients I've researched that supposedly function to help my particular needs, (i.e. I look for arbutin to help with dark spots, BHAs for my pores, Witch Hazel for soothing without sliming, etc.). But this..."Power Infusing"?? Is this for when my ability to climb walls needs to be recharged? Ingredients-wise there's nothing in this...absolutely nothing...that would draw me to purchase it. I am no chemist, and I'm definitely not a cosmetics chemist, so I cannot figure out how the products ingredients synergize to do what they seem to do! It has Vitamin E...(big deal)...It's also got Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract. I looked this up. Its many names are "Beefsteak Plant", "Basilic Japonais", "Menthe Pourpre", "Huile de Shiso", "Perilla Fructesans"...there are many more.I think it might be possible that the alcohol in this...serum?...enhances penetration of ingredients...rosewater, gingko biloba, thyme, baking soda...(?). I don't know, but all together this is...magical.

The bottom line is this stuff makes my skin feel incredible. It seems to add energy, immediately upon application. It makes my skin soft, with an "outdoorsy glow", and (I have to say it), this smells beautiful. I would wear this as perfume if I could. I admit that the scent could be swaying me to adore this product more than it deserves. It's horribly expensive for what seems to be a super-elegant, luxurious toner. However, I guess I need a super-elegant, luxurious toner because after I finished my Birchbox sample bottle, I was compelled to drop $95 for my own lovely bottle. This just feels fabulous on my skin.

EDIT - I have now purchased my third bottle and I'm still loving it. My skin is clear and soft, and I haven't had a breakout in months.

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

image