SHISEIDO Ultimune

3.8

Wat

on 10/27/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This serum really works - but it isn't great for underneath makeup.

Pros: Very lightweight and doesn't clog pores (I'm oily-combination). It doesn't overpower skin and did not cause any breakouts (I'm super acne prone). I've been using it at night and on my 'no makeup' days and my skin seems brighter, smoother and softer to touch. I also feel that it helped heal a few pimples. It just makes my skin feel well looked after and thankful for it. The packaging is great too - love the pump.

Cons: it's pricey. It alsoleaves a slight residue which is a bit sticky and doesn't disappear no matter how long you wait. My moisturiser went on really smoothly, but my makeup just balled up, which never happened to me before. Not a cute look. For this reason I've been using this only at night & on my no makeup days.

I have a sample from a sampler I got on sephora. I love the scent of the serum but I think that this serum is responsible for clogging my pores. I had 5 pimples and blackheads where I don't normally get clogged pores. I stopped this and my skin has slowly cleared up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few weeks ago, I got a bottle of this stuff, which I'd never heard of before, as a points perk at Sephora. I like it so much, I went back and got 2 more points perk bottles, which end up being the equivalent of the smaller sized bottle of this stuff ($78 in Canada). I really like this. I only use it at night, after cleansing and before putting on my night face cream (I switch back and forth between Jouviance Glyco/Laser and Eucerin Q10). I feel like it just adds a little "something" and my skin actually looks smoother when I use it and just looks "happier" as soon as I apply it. I really like that this product comes in two sizes (a "value size" of 1.6 oz for $115, which saves you a few bucks over buying the smaller bottle) AND that I can get this almost for "free" by using my Optimum Points at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'll keep using my points perk bottles and, if I continue to notice the good results and if some new product doesn't come along to distract me, I will most certainly purchase the full size of this product.

on 8/11/2015 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I purchased Ultimune a year ago and remembered having a great experience with it. I went without it for about six months without noticing any difference to my skin but naturally -- after trying a few other serums -- I had hyped Ultimune up in my head so I purchased it again. It is definitely hydrating however it isn't a great product if you have acne (mild or severe) as it has only intensified my breakouts.

From what I understand -- Ultimune is supposed to be a preventative measure however in the year I have been using it and the time that I've taken a break from it -- there have been no significant changes (positive or negative) in my skin.

I'm so in love with this product its not even funny. It has honestly changed my skin overall and I couldn't be happier. As a person who has sensitive acne prone skin, this is honestly a godsend for me but its kinda confusing because alot of people seem to have this misconception about the product. This product is actually used a "booster" or "enhancer" so to say. I noticed alot of people saying they use this on its own (which I have tried ) and its not suppose to be used that way. its suppose to help the immune system on your skin which will better the health of you're skin overall allowing ANYTHING YOU PUT ON TOP OF IT TO WORK TO THE ITS EFFECTIVENESS! on its own yes you will see redness decrease and help with texture and smoothness but to see real results I recommend using youre favorite serum and then moisturizer overtop(highly encourage serum + moisturizer because serums will penetrate better). TRUST ME THE DIFFERENCE IS INCREDIBLE! the best part about this? this was made to go around the eye too allowing any eye cream to work to its full effect as well. since using it my skin in conjunction with my skincare, the effects were visible within a week! I honestly didnt really see results from my skincare products as much as i liked prior but since adding it my skintone overall is much more translucent and clear plus I haven't had a breakout aside from the time of the month which almost never has happened since turning 16 I loved it so much I introduced it to alot of my friends and told him how to use it and they love it too!

if the ultimune honestly didn't work for you prior try using it after toner but before eye cream, serum, and moisturizer and trust me the difference will be there. I actually had attended one of the events and one of the skincare advisers told me the main reason some people dont see results is due to them using it on its own which you totally can but it was made to enhance anything you put on top while helping you're skins immune system to be stabilized and healthy once more. seriously guys give this a shot its honestly a game changer to the skincare world !!!!!! I cannot rave enough!!!!!