SHISEIDO Ultimune

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
SHISEIDO Ultimune

2.9

WATER (AQUA/EAU)・ALCOHOL DENAT.・GLYCERIN・BUTYLENE GLYCOL・PEG/PPG-17/4 DIMETHYL ETHER・TRIETHYLHEXANOIN・CYCLOHEXASILOXANE・DIMETHICONE・PHENOXYETHANOL・TREHALOSE・AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/BEHENETH-25 METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・PEG-14M・ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・TOCOPHERYL ACETATE・PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER・ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER・FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)・DISODIUM EDTA・POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE・SILICA・ISOCETETH-10・LINALOOL・LAURYL BETAINE・GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT・GERANIOL・CITRONELLOL・ORIGANUM MAJORANA LEAF EXTRACT・NELUMBO NUCIFERA GERM EXTRACT・ALCOHOL・SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETA-GLUCAN・BHT・THYMUS SERPYLLUM EXTRACT・PERILLA OCYMOIDES LEAF EXTRACT・SODIUM BICARBONATE・IRIS FLORENTINA ROOT EXTRACT・SODIUM BENZOATE・GANODERMA LUCIDUM (MUSHROOM) STEM EXTRACT

on 9/16/2018 10:14:00 AM

This product is claimed to be good. It does nothing extraordinary for me, except for making me feel better about giving strength booster for my skin (as how shiseido claim it to be) Ive used up 5 or more bottles and so far so good. Not addictive either which i like. I can go with it or without.

Like all of Shiseido's skin care this is yet another overpriced bulky heavy product that does absolutely nothing for the skin. If anyone has any respect for Cosmetic Chemistry and what goes into a product then it would do you good to read what I have to say about not only this product but for most of Shiseido Skincare in its entirety .

First of all I do not know for the life of me how a brand like Shiseido, the very model of Japanese skin care and the care and meticulous stringent research and attention these people and this brand endeavour to perform but never deliver is able to create such a boring ineffective product such as this.

Like many other moisturisers and serums from this line the results, expectations and benefits are completely over exaggerated and the very ingredients that they claim to use are always,ALWAYS listed after either the fragrance or preservative or BOTH!

By law it is necessary for skin care ingredients to be placed in order of concentration from highest to lowest, in the case of Shiseido, it is always the latter. There is always water, denatured alcohol and silicones at the top, and all the lovely wonderful "Natural" and "Rare" ingredients right at the bottom after the fragrance and preservatives. Very very disappointing product from Shiseido, apart from a few select well formulated sunscreens and cleansers from Shiseido the rest of the line is basically redundant and has absolutely no benefit for the skin.

Oil of Olay at your local pharmacy would give you better results and a noticeable difference(They use plenty of Niacinamide B3) than anything from Shiseido ever would. Shiseido skin care is simply a big joke and shockingly overpriced for what you get. I wouldnt recommend this line at all.

on 7/26/2017 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not understand the low ratings. I truly love this (pre)serum. The texture is creamy, but sinks in fast. I use it as serum on its own. After a couple of weeks, I can see a difference: my skin shows a healthy glow. You only need 2 pumps for the whole face, so a bottle goes a long way. I am a fan, no matter what others say.

on 4/17/2017 10:40:00 PM

I purchased this product because I have finished my one month treatment with La Prairie cellular power infusion. I decided to try this one out because I used to use whole range of Shiseido back then. Their products are amazing but such a shame they didn't work on me anymore.

So what is this product basically? This product works in similar way with la prairie cellular power infusion. But the difference is that Shiseido never advertised it as some sort of "stem cells". Your skin cells just like your body has defense mechanism. This defense mechanism is to defend the skin cells from water pollution, air pollution and all other natural aggressor that will make your skin aging prematurely. This product feeds energy or power into the skin cells to make them stronger and more resilient towards those natural aggressors.

The packaging is a sleek glass bottle with pump. Despite the red color it is actually a see through bottle and you can see when your product is running out. I apply this every morning and night. 3 pumps are enough for the whole face as well as neck. The best way to apply this is by patting motion with a light pressure to make sure that the product is really going in into your skin rather than sits on top of your skin. The texture is more liquid-y than usual serums. Since this is more of a concentrate rather than a serum I layer my usual serum on top of this product. Again with this kind of product, you can't really see the difference. The reason I gave it a thumb up, because after 3 weeks of using it the breakouts around my neck subsides by a lot and there is no more breakout and I felt the healing process around my neck is faster. I don't recommend to use this product as a stand alone serum. I felt that it is not hydrating enough.

on 2/16/2017 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this product over 2 years. The texture is light, the skin soaks up very fast and creates a good base for makeup. My skin looked very nice, smooth, hydrated and plump. However the result showed only when I used the product and my skin went back to its 'normal' almost immediately (in 2-3 days) whenever I stopped using it. It is too expensive to continue using it in belief of a long term benefit.
I also removed a lippie from the packaging. It looks great and easy to use but adds an unnecessary expense to the already pricey product.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Cut it short, it's to be applied before skincare products to enhance absorption and boost skin's natural immune. It's never suppose to be moisturising or deliver immediate result because, how do you judge whether it improve skin's immune base on short term usage?

Pros:
- does make absorption easier (due to alcohol)
- packaging is REAL pretty

Cons:
- still alcohol (Stay away from this if you're allergic)
- not moisturising
- no visible improvement on overall complexion (1/3 used)

However, Shiseido claim that they research on this for 20 years and their products are always better than average so I'm hoping to see good results in the long term.

on 1/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

I have a very sensitive and combination skin. Slight rashes came out but it din stop me for using as it control my oily skin well. However after few days of persistent usage, my pore gets visible meaning it dry my skin 😢 I have 1 unused bottle dun know if they can exchange with another product. Regretted in buying it.

on 10/17/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I'm not even sure what role this product is supposed to fill in the skincare routine. I guess it's closest to a serum, but it doesn't seem to have enough of an impact to actually be considered one. After using up my deluxe sample, I do feel like my skin is better - i.e., smoother and with less blemishes than usual, but at the same time, I could achieve the same results with products that are far, far cheaper.

And like others have mentioned, the alcohol will be problematic for some people.

Because personally I did experience at least an inkling of something good with this product, I won't rate it low. It just isn't a miracle worker by any means, however.

on 10/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this 'serum' out for awhile, twice a day as recommended and I can honestly say it did nothing for my skin -maybe felt a general softness, but my skin is already soft. There is a strong tone of alcohol in the product scent. As the serum dries on the skin I felt a tightening sensation (relieved once I applied moisturizer), I know that serums shouldn't feel that way, hence the alcohol component. Not repurchasing because it's too expensive for not having much performance. There are certainly better products out there

on 6/22/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Thank goodness I didn't pay for this product, but to exchange 3 generous sample size using my Sephora points at the checkout.
Upon home, I checked on the ingredient list, the second ingredient is alcohol denat. (they are afraid to put the entire word, denat. = denature)
It was my first day in biochemistry 101, the professor citing the example of drinking alcohol that felt so "smooooth" as it slide down the throat, well, the alcohol is actually denaturizing the mucous membrane cells in the esophagus.
The putting of alcohol in skincare is just for the pleasant feeling, short term gain, long term loss.
Glad I didn't pay for that, but then not all is loss, I will save it for a bug-bite or a hand sanitizer.