SHISEIDO Ultimune

Filtered by skin type : Normal
SHISEIDO Ultimune

3.2

WATER (AQUA/EAU)・ALCOHOL DENAT.・GLYCERIN・BUTYLENE GLYCOL・PEG/PPG-17/4 DIMETHYL ETHER・TRIETHYLHEXANOIN・CYCLOHEXASILOXANE・DIMETHICONE・PHENOXYETHANOL・TREHALOSE・AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/BEHENETH-25 METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・PEG-14M・ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER・TOCOPHERYL ACETATE・PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER・ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER・FRAGRANCE (PARFUM)・DISODIUM EDTA・POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE・SILICA・ISOCETETH-10・LINALOOL・LAURYL BETAINE・GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT・GERANIOL・CITRONELLOL・ORIGANUM MAJORANA LEAF EXTRACT・NELUMBO NUCIFERA GERM EXTRACT・ALCOHOL・SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETA-GLUCAN・BHT・THYMUS SERPYLLUM EXTRACT・PERILLA OCYMOIDES LEAF EXTRACT・SODIUM BICARBONATE・IRIS FLORENTINA ROOT EXTRACT・SODIUM BENZOATE・GANODERMA LUCIDUM (MUSHROOM) STEM EXTRACT

on 1/22/2019 7:07:00 PM

I love this serum. I think it’s important to remember the difference between dry and dehydrated skin. This product is hydrating and works best under a hydrating cream preferably from Shiseido because the formulas would blend well together. It should not be used alone because it is not meant to. It’s awesome in winter if you feel like you’re moisturizer needs a boost. This is an excellent product but only if used as I intended and if it is a match for you. I recommend.

on 11/15/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I am religiously using this day and night and it made my skin clear and smooth. I'm using it together with Shiseido Vital-Perfection White Circulator Serum and it gives the best result. Quite expensive but I think it's worth it.

Like all of Shiseido's skin care this is yet another overpriced bulky heavy product that does absolutely nothing for the skin. If anyone has any respect for Cosmetic Chemistry and what goes into a product then it would do you good to read what I have to say about not only this product but for most of Shiseido Skincare in its entirety .

First of all I do not know for the life of me how a brand like Shiseido, the very model of Japanese skin care and the care and meticulous stringent research and attention these people and this brand endeavour to perform but never deliver is able to create such a boring ineffective product such as this.

Like many other moisturisers and serums from this line the results, expectations and benefits are completely over exaggerated and the very ingredients that they claim to use are always,ALWAYS listed after either the fragrance or preservative or BOTH!

By law it is necessary for skin care ingredients to be placed in order of concentration from highest to lowest, in the case of Shiseido, it is always the latter. There is always water, denatured alcohol and silicones at the top, and all the lovely wonderful "Natural" and "Rare" ingredients right at the bottom after the fragrance and preservatives. Very very disappointing product from Shiseido, apart from a few select well formulated sunscreens and cleansers from Shiseido the rest of the line is basically redundant and has absolutely no benefit for the skin.

Oil of Olay at your local pharmacy would give you better results and a noticeable difference(They use plenty of Niacinamide B3) than anything from Shiseido ever would. Shiseido skin care is simply a big joke and shockingly overpriced for what you get. I wouldnt recommend this line at all.

on 2/16/2017 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this product over 2 years. The texture is light, the skin soaks up very fast and creates a good base for makeup. My skin looked very nice, smooth, hydrated and plump. However the result showed only when I used the product and my skin went back to its 'normal' almost immediately (in 2-3 days) whenever I stopped using it. It is too expensive to continue using it in belief of a long term benefit.
I also removed a lippie from the packaging. It looks great and easy to use but adds an unnecessary expense to the already pricey product.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Cut it short, it's to be applied before skincare products to enhance absorption and boost skin's natural immune. It's never suppose to be moisturising or deliver immediate result because, how do you judge whether it improve skin's immune base on short term usage?

Pros:
- does make absorption easier (due to alcohol)
- packaging is REAL pretty

Cons:
- still alcohol (Stay away from this if you're allergic)
- not moisturising
- no visible improvement on overall complexion (1/3 used)

However, Shiseido claim that they research on this for 20 years and their products are always better than average so I'm hoping to see good results in the long term.

on 10/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this 'serum' out for awhile, twice a day as recommended and I can honestly say it did nothing for my skin -maybe felt a general softness, but my skin is already soft. There is a strong tone of alcohol in the product scent. As the serum dries on the skin I felt a tightening sensation (relieved once I applied moisturizer), I know that serums shouldn't feel that way, hence the alcohol component. Not repurchasing because it's too expensive for not having much performance. There are certainly better products out there

on 11/11/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

If you are looking for a true serum, this is not it. Unless you have very oily skin, then perhaps you can get away by using this as a serum. I was confused when trying to figure out what this is because it's not a serum, it's not a toner, it's not a moisturizer... so what the heck is it and what's it for? It's an essence, like a loose gel you apply to your skin AFTER toner. Being a loyal Shiseido user, shopping at various cosmetic stores, and having a good friend working in a cosmetic store with Shiseido products, I have been showered with tons of samples from Ultimune; I have accumulated a large stash of this product in sample form. I've gone through about a bottle or two worth of this product over the past year since it came out. Here are my thoughts:

Incorporating this in my routine over the past year, my skin does look and feel smoother, brighter, pores are smaller, more balanced, my skin is plumper, and my skin is very clear, I cannot remember the last time I had a blemish even a tiny one. Approaching 30, I have slowly started to see the first tiny signs of aging, not so prominent ones plus I have "good skin" with an excellent skincare routine, but I have seen enough signs to make me take skincare along with my health, much more seriously. I get compliments on my skin, and get asked skin care advice even from 17-22 year olds so it must mean im doing at least something right.

Here's my routine: wash face, apply toner/softener, apply this Ultimune, treatment serum, and then massage my moisturizer in. Asian skincare has so many steps! It's annoying but it's worth it. The best way I can describe this is from what I read somewhere else saying this is like a multi vitamin for your skin, a booster for the skin AND skincare. This essence absorbs into skin quickly yet, leaves a slightly tacky film behind. Perfect for treatment serums and moisturizers afterwards. If you have combination to dry skin, do not just wash your face, apply this, and be done with it. Your skin WILL be left dry because it is not a moisturizer. Perhaps that is why many people have complained about this. Using this in a full routine is key. This essence reminds me a lot of the Eudermine essence, Shiseidos oldest product that comes in a pretty, Orient, red bottle. Both are similar in texture and what they claim to do, to balance and strengthen the skin. Eudermine is more hydrating and watery, it's more on the toner side of skincare, although it could be used as a light hydrater; and Ultimune is more of a serum/ treatment and not so moisturizing. If I had to pick only one, I would choose Eudermine since it's more versatile. Having either or, it is honestly not necessary or must have. Using Ultimune will not make a MAJOR change in your skin(Or perhaps it does?). Some people say toners, essences, boosters, etc, are not needed in skincare, but it is an extra step that makes me personally feel much better and I do see a difference, small differences, nonetheless every step counts and adds up to achieve the ideal skin.

All in all, this is not an amazing, bells and whistles product. It is something to consider if you want to spend the extra cash for something luxurious and extra additional into skincare. I've had great results using this, and I would absolutely purchase this.

on 1/22/2015 10:00:00 AM

5 stars product!!!!!!!

on 10/22/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is dressed up in attractive packaging but the serum itself contains little of substance to justify the high price. Like another reviewerer noted, the second ingredient is denatured alcohol - all-around a poor ingredient for skincare. Over time it will cause dryness and possibly even an overall worsening of skin quality. It absorbs fast, but that's about the only pro - not until the 14th ingredient do you get to something that's actually botanical/plant-based. After water, it's all alcohols, silicones, and preservatives - you're probably better off not using anything than to use this on your face. It caused my skin to become dry, red, and irritated - I would highly recommend you steer clear of this product.