Shiseido Ultimune

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Shiseido  Ultimune

2.3

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

on 5/3/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a sample size of this product from Sephora, and I still haven't been able to figure out what it's supposed to do or what type of skin it targets. Stinks because I normally love Shiseido products.

Anyway, this product has a ton of alcohol and makes my face temporarily dry and slightly sticky after application. It hasn't broken me out, but I have yet to see any skin improvements after weeks of diligent use. Consistency is somewhat runny and there is a mild fragrance. "Power Infusing Concentrate" sounds exciting, but my skin is sadly no more powerful than it was before I added this into my routine.

I fail to see a point for this product. Pass.

on 10/17/2016 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

To be honest, I'm not even sure what role this product is supposed to fill in the skincare routine. I guess it's closest to a serum, but it doesn't seem to have enough of an impact to actually be considered one. After using up my deluxe sample, I do feel like my skin is better - i.e., smoother and with less blemishes than usual, but at the same time, I could achieve the same results with products that are far, far cheaper.

And like others have mentioned, the alcohol will be problematic for some people.

Because personally I did experience at least an inkling of something good with this product, I won't rate it low. It just isn't a miracle worker by any means, however.

on 6/22/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Thank goodness I didn't pay for this product, but to exchange 3 generous sample size using my Sephora points at the checkout.
Upon home, I checked on the ingredient list, the second ingredient is alcohol denat. (they are afraid to put the entire word, denat. = denature)
It was my first day in biochemistry 101, the professor citing the example of drinking alcohol that felt so "smooooth" as it slide down the throat, well, the alcohol is actually denaturizing the mucous membrane cells in the esophagus.
The putting of alcohol in skincare is just for the pleasant feeling, short term gain, long term loss.
Glad I didn't pay for that, but then not all is loss, I will save it for a bug-bite or a hand sanitizer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few weeks ago, I got a bottle of this stuff, which I'd never heard of before, as a points perk at Sephora. I like it so much, I went back and got 2 more points perk bottles, which end up being the equivalent of the smaller sized bottle of this stuff ($78 in Canada). I really like this. I only use it at night, after cleansing and before putting on my night face cream (I switch back and forth between Jouviance Glyco/Laser and Eucerin Q10). I feel like it just adds a little "something" and my skin actually looks smoother when I use it and just looks "happier" as soon as I apply it. I really like that this product comes in two sizes (a "value size" of 1.6 oz for $115, which saves you a few bucks over buying the smaller bottle) AND that I can get this almost for "free" by using my Optimum Points at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'll keep using my points perk bottles and, if I continue to notice the good results and if some new product doesn't come along to distract me, I will most certainly purchase the full size of this product.

I don't know much about this product because I got a very small sample size and have only used it twice- but first impressions, it smelled very much like alcohol when I put it on, so I looked at the ingredients, and there it was, right after water. So not a fan of the smell. Also not a fan of the feel after putting it on my skin. It was sticky for me. Nothing good or bad has happened to my skin yet, and I'm going to assume that nothing will happen because my sample size is about to run about, but I'll come back with another review if that changes.

on 9/1/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this and was reading how great it's supposed to be. I loved the clean, matte feeling after applying it. My skin felt really nice after using it.
However, after just 3 days of using it, my face started to break out, I got these little red bumps on my nose and cheeks. I stopped using it righ away and my skin is back to normal.