Shiseido Ultimune

Shiseido  Ultimune

3.1

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

on 11/23/2017 2:35:00 PM

I would buy it again if Shiseido would take some bad ingredients off! This is the result of 20 years of research and what do we find? Methylparaben inside and not only that. As someone here also underlined, this is quite disappointing. The price also is sky high. I got a 15 ml bottle at 39.00 euros and it lasted about 2 months. I used for the morning and night skincare, after the toner and before the moisturiser. I have to confess I liked it, I liked the scent, I liked the texture, the feeling on my skin. My skin was most probably brighter and I now can say I can see the difference since when I stopped using it. Nevertheless I think it is not worth the price and as said I find unacceptable such a massive use of parabens.

on 11/15/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I am religiously using this day and night and it made my skin clear and smooth. I'm using it together with Shiseido Vital-Perfection White Circulator Serum and it gives the best result. Quite expensive but I think it's worth it.

Like all of Shiseido's skin care this is yet another overpriced bulky heavy product that does absolutely nothing for the skin. If anyone has any respect for Cosmetic Chemistry and what goes into a product then it would do you good to read what I have to say about not only this product but for most of Shiseido Skincare in its entirety .

First of all I do not know for the life of me how a brand like Shiseido, the very model of Japanese skin care and the care and meticulous stringent research and attention these people and this brand endeavour to perform but never deliver is able to create such a boring ineffective product such as this.

Like many other moisturisers and serums from this line the results, expectations and benefits are completely over exaggerated and the very ingredients that they claim to use are always,ALWAYS listed after either the fragrance or preservative or BOTH!

By law it is necessary for skin care ingredients to be placed in order of concentration from highest to lowest, in the case of Shiseido, it is always the latter. There is always water, denatured alcohol and silicones at the top, and all the lovely wonderful "Natural" and "Rare" ingredients right at the bottom after the fragrance and preservatives. Very very disappointing product from Shiseido, apart from a few select well formulated sunscreens and cleansers from Shiseido the rest of the line is basically redundant and has absolutely no benefit for the skin.

Oil of Olay at your local pharmacy would give you better results and a noticeable difference(They use plenty of Niacinamide B3) than anything from Shiseido ever would. Shiseido skin care is simply a big joke and shockingly overpriced for what you get. I wouldnt recommend this line at all.

on 10/13/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What people don’t understand is that , one still needs to apply a serum after applying this concentrate. I’ve used it for 2 weeks after the balancing softener and have received good comments about my skin

on 7/26/2017 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not understand the low ratings. I truly love this (pre)serum. The texture is creamy, but sinks in fast. I use it as serum on its own. After a couple of weeks, I can see a difference: my skin shows a healthy glow. You only need 2 pumps for the whole face, so a bottle goes a long way. I am a fan, no matter what others say.

on 5/3/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received a sample size of this product from Sephora, and I still haven't been able to figure out what it's supposed to do or what type of skin it targets. Stinks because I normally love Shiseido products.

Anyway, this product has a ton of alcohol and makes my face temporarily dry and slightly sticky after application. It hasn't broken me out, but I have yet to see any skin improvements after weeks of diligent use. Consistency is somewhat runny and there is a mild fragrance. "Power Infusing Concentrate" sounds exciting, but my skin is sadly no more powerful than it was before I added this into my routine.

I fail to see a point for this product. Pass.

on 4/17/2017 10:40:00 PM

I purchased this product because I have finished my one month treatment with La Prairie cellular power infusion. I decided to try this one out because I used to use whole range of Shiseido back then. Their products are amazing but such a shame they didn't work on me anymore.

So what is this product basically? This product works in similar way with la prairie cellular power infusion. But the difference is that Shiseido never advertised it as some sort of "stem cells". Your skin cells just like your body has defense mechanism. This defense mechanism is to defend the skin cells from water pollution, air pollution and all other natural aggressor that will make your skin aging prematurely. This product feeds energy or power into the skin cells to make them stronger and more resilient towards those natural aggressors.

The packaging is a sleek glass bottle with pump. Despite the red color it is actually a see through bottle and you can see when your product is running out. I apply this every morning and night. 3 pumps are enough for the whole face as well as neck. The best way to apply this is by patting motion with a light pressure to make sure that the product is really going in into your skin rather than sits on top of your skin. The texture is more liquid-y than usual serums. Since this is more of a concentrate rather than a serum I layer my usual serum on top of this product. Again with this kind of product, you can't really see the difference. The reason I gave it a thumb up, because after 3 weeks of using it the breakouts around my neck subsides by a lot and there is no more breakout and I felt the healing process around my neck is faster. I don't recommend to use this product as a stand alone serum. I felt that it is not hydrating enough.

on 4/2/2017 3:37:00 AM

This moisturizes immediately after moisturizing, as it is absorbed fully into the skin. However, this effect does not last for long, and my skin becomes drier (or back to pre-application) within a few hours.
I've used two bottles of this product and have noticed no long-term difference. Will not repurchase.

on 3/21/2017 9:45:00 AM

I have been using this for a month . I bought it because the Shiseido SA said it was a bestseller and an Allure magazine pick .
I use 2 pumps before moisturizer and after toner.
The serum is is slick upon application - almost silicone in feel before it is absorbed.
No skin reactions or anything negative .

Do I see any difference in my face ? Not really. Nothing major. One month in with applications twice a day and nothing to write home about.
I would rather use retinol on my face than buy this again.
A little disappointing after the hype.

I suppose I am the target market for this, but I don't get it at all. I used it under my other moisturizers and serums, before going to bed, when I woke up, etc. etc. and it did nothing but dry my skin out. I don't think anything worked better and my skin felt like the desert. I'm going to go back to my tried and true Hada Labo for less than $20 vs. over $60.