Shiseido Ultimune

Shiseido  Ultimune

3.1

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

on 11/15/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I am religiously using this day and night and it made my skin clear and smooth. I'm using it together with Shiseido Vital-Perfection White Circulator Serum and it gives the best result. Quite expensive but I think it's worth it.

on 4/24/2016 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product 2 months ago and I am using my second one. I really do not understand why many people do negative comments about it but it is one of the best skincare products I have ever used. My skin is fair-medium combination and sensitive type and allergic. It can be reddish very quickly. Shiseido Ultimune is very convenient for every skin type and if you use it twice a day regularly you can see the difference on your skin after a month. First of all it does not cause any reaction, no pimples.It makes the skin fresh, smooth, glowing and younger after a while. People notice the difference easily and make comments like "your skin looks very healthy and bright."
Also, it definitely increases the effectiveness of other products for skin care if you use ultimune first.
Highly recommend it.

on 11/18/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's all Birchbox's fault. I would never have even heard of this stuff had I not received it in my Birchbox, and that would have saved me a lot of money. I HATE that I love this product. It makes no sense to me. I am always careful to use products that contain ingredients I've researched that supposedly function to help my particular needs, (i.e. I look for arbutin to help with dark spots, BHAs for my pores, Witch Hazel for soothing without sliming, etc.). But this..."Power Infusing"?? Is this for when my ability to climb walls needs to be recharged? Ingredients-wise there's nothing in this...absolutely nothing...that would draw me to purchase it. I am no chemist, and I'm definitely not a cosmetics chemist, so I cannot figure out how the products ingredients synergize to do what they seem to do! It has Vitamin E...(big deal)...It's also got Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract. I looked this up. Its many names are "Beefsteak Plant", "Basilic Japonais", "Menthe Pourpre", "Huile de Shiso", "Perilla Fructesans"...there are many more.I think it might be possible that the alcohol in this...serum?...enhances penetration of ingredients...rosewater, gingko biloba, thyme, baking soda...(?). I don't know, but all together this is...magical.

The bottom line is this stuff makes my skin feel incredible. It seems to add energy, immediately upon application. It makes my skin soft, with an "outdoorsy glow", and (I have to say it), this smells beautiful. I would wear this as perfume if I could. I admit that the scent could be swaying me to adore this product more than it deserves. It's horribly expensive for what seems to be a super-elegant, luxurious toner. However, I guess I need a super-elegant, luxurious toner because after I finished my Birchbox sample bottle, I was compelled to drop $95 for my own lovely bottle. This just feels fabulous on my skin.

EDIT - I have now purchased my third bottle and I'm still loving it. My skin is clear and soft, and I haven't had a breakout in months.

on 11/11/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

If you are looking for a true serum, this is not it. Unless you have very oily skin, then perhaps you can get away by using this as a serum. I was confused when trying to figure out what this is because it's not a serum, it's not a toner, it's not a moisturizer... so what the heck is it and what's it for? It's an essence, like a loose gel you apply to your skin AFTER toner. Being a loyal Shiseido user, shopping at various cosmetic stores, and having a good friend working in a cosmetic store with Shiseido products, I have been showered with tons of samples from Ultimune; I have accumulated a large stash of this product in sample form. I've gone through about a bottle or two worth of this product over the past year since it came out. Here are my thoughts:

Incorporating this in my routine over the past year, my skin does look and feel smoother, brighter, pores are smaller, more balanced, my skin is plumper, and my skin is very clear, I cannot remember the last time I had a blemish even a tiny one. Approaching 30, I have slowly started to see the first tiny signs of aging, not so prominent ones plus I have "good skin" with an excellent skincare routine, but I have seen enough signs to make me take skincare along with my health, much more seriously. I get compliments on my skin, and get asked skin care advice even from 17-22 year olds so it must mean im doing at least something right.

Here's my routine: wash face, apply toner/softener, apply this Ultimune, treatment serum, and then massage my moisturizer in. Asian skincare has so many steps! It's annoying but it's worth it. The best way I can describe this is from what I read somewhere else saying this is like a multi vitamin for your skin, a booster for the skin AND skincare. This essence absorbs into skin quickly yet, leaves a slightly tacky film behind. Perfect for treatment serums and moisturizers afterwards. If you have combination to dry skin, do not just wash your face, apply this, and be done with it. Your skin WILL be left dry because it is not a moisturizer. Perhaps that is why many people have complained about this. Using this in a full routine is key. This essence reminds me a lot of the Eudermine essence, Shiseidos oldest product that comes in a pretty, Orient, red bottle. Both are similar in texture and what they claim to do, to balance and strengthen the skin. Eudermine is more hydrating and watery, it's more on the toner side of skincare, although it could be used as a light hydrater; and Ultimune is more of a serum/ treatment and not so moisturizing. If I had to pick only one, I would choose Eudermine since it's more versatile. Having either or, it is honestly not necessary or must have. Using Ultimune will not make a MAJOR change in your skin(Or perhaps it does?). Some people say toners, essences, boosters, etc, are not needed in skincare, but it is an extra step that makes me personally feel much better and I do see a difference, small differences, nonetheless every step counts and adds up to achieve the ideal skin.

All in all, this is not an amazing, bells and whistles product. It is something to consider if you want to spend the extra cash for something luxurious and extra additional into skincare. I've had great results using this, and I would absolutely purchase this.

I was given a sample of this product by the SA Sarah in Harvey Nicholls Dundrum Dublin she was the most helpful SA I have ever dealt with I wasn't even buying any products and she gave me samples to try, I explained to her that I suffer from very sensitive skin and also Rosacea also, I used the serum for 5 days and the red markings on my face disappeared I couldn't beleive it also my face looks a lot brighter, she also gave me a sample of the moisturizer benefience 24hr emulsion which I also loved. I will be using these products from now on as I love the results and have never got noticeable results from any other products.

on 2/6/2015 9:57:00 PM

I love this stuff!! I'm on my second bottle and it's for sure a serum I can't do without. Works best applied after toner - makes all other products work to their full potential.

on 1/22/2015 10:00:00 AM

5 stars product!!!!!!!

I'm so in love with this product its not even funny. It has honestly changed my skin overall and I couldn't be happier. As a person who has sensitive acne prone skin, this is honestly a godsend for me but its kinda confusing because alot of people seem to have this misconception about the product. This product is actually used a "booster" or "enhancer" so to say. I noticed alot of people saying they use this on its own (which I have tried ) and its not suppose to be used that way. its suppose to help the immune system on your skin which will better the health of you're skin overall allowing ANYTHING YOU PUT ON TOP OF IT TO WORK TO THE ITS EFFECTIVENESS! on its own yes you will see redness decrease and help with texture and smoothness but to see real results I recommend using youre favorite serum and then moisturizer overtop(highly encourage serum + moisturizer because serums will penetrate better). TRUST ME THE DIFFERENCE IS INCREDIBLE! the best part about this? this was made to go around the eye too allowing any eye cream to work to its full effect as well. since using it my skin in conjunction with my skincare, the effects were visible within a week! I honestly didnt really see results from my skincare products as much as i liked prior but since adding it my skintone overall is much more translucent and clear plus I haven't had a breakout aside from the time of the month which almost never has happened since turning 16 I loved it so much I introduced it to alot of my friends and told him how to use it and they love it too!

if the ultimune honestly didn't work for you prior try using it after toner but before eye cream, serum, and moisturizer and trust me the difference will be there. I actually had attended one of the events and one of the skincare advisers told me the main reason some people dont see results is due to them using it on its own which you totally can but it was made to enhance anything you put on top while helping you're skins immune system to be stabilized and healthy once more. seriously guys give this a shot its honestly a game changer to the skincare world !!!!!! I cannot rave enough!!!!!

on 11/22/2014 8:17:00 PM

My routine before going outside is a day lotion and follow with a sunscreen with SPF50, lately, I have to work outside most of the time due to my new duty (architecture) under strong exposure for prolonged hours, my skin gets a bit dark spots, skin became dull and small lines appear. Well I think sunscreen alone can't handle it anymore

So I looked for something to strengthen my skin defensive ability, then I found Ultimune, I've been using it for 2 months, as an extra step before my usual day lotion..

What can I say ?? my dark spots disappeared (no new spots neither) lines are gone, laugh lines are smoothened, visibly reduced. it's just my WHOLE FACE has been revived, it's far more effective than EL Night Repair that I used last year

Luv it ^_^

This was just recently released and I saw it online by chance. I stopped by the Shiseido counter for some cleansing creme, but the SA suggested Ultimune also. She claimed her clients who had purchased it have given her rave reviews within just a week of using it. Okay...you've yanked my rubber arm. I have no expectations for serums as I've used so many, from La Mer, Chantecaille, Cle de Peau and Revive...and none have done anything significant for me regardless of their extraordinary prices.

So I gave it few nights and for some reason I really really like it already. I don't know what's in this but whatever 20 years of research they've put into this really works. I'm not even sure what I'm seeing or feeling, but my face feels so much nicer. It's smoother in texture and firmer. What?? I know. I'm a total skeptic when it comes to skincare after years of trying so many expensive products. Seriously. It claims you can feel a difference within a week and a true improvement in 4 weeks. What improvements am I looking for? More clarity I suppose. I get the occasional pimple and some blemishes on my cheeks and this serum hasn't given me any new ones. It doesn't clog my pores. It's light enough to wear under makeup and yet moisturizing enough to wear alone. The scent is a bit strong for me, but it's not terrible. It's a nice scent. There are 2 sizes and I purchased the smaller bottle at $78cdn so it is not cheap by any means, but considering I've spent $150-300 for serums in the past and I've yet to use them all up due to not seeing any improvement it is relatively affordable. I would definitely repurchase if I keep seeing improvements after 4 weeks.