Shiseido Ultimune

Shiseido  Ultimune

3.0

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

This was just recently released and I saw it online by chance. I stopped by the Shiseido counter for some cleansing creme, but the SA suggested Ultimune also. She claimed her clients who had purchased it have given her rave reviews within just a week of using it. Okay...you've yanked my rubber arm. I have no expectations for serums as I've used so many, from La Mer, Chantecaille, Cle de Peau and Revive...and none have done anything significant for me regardless of their extraordinary prices.

So I gave it few nights and for some reason I really really like it already. I don't know what's in this but whatever 20 years of research they've put into this really works. I'm not even sure what I'm seeing or feeling, but my face feels so much nicer. It's smoother in texture and firmer. What?? I know. I'm a total skeptic when it comes to skincare after years of trying so many expensive products. Seriously. It claims you can feel a difference within a week and a true improvement in 4 weeks. What improvements am I looking for? More clarity I suppose. I get the occasional pimple and some blemishes on my cheeks and this serum hasn't given me any new ones. It doesn't clog my pores. It's light enough to wear under makeup and yet moisturizing enough to wear alone. The scent is a bit strong for me, but it's not terrible. It's a nice scent. There are 2 sizes and I purchased the smaller bottle at $78cdn so it is not cheap by any means, but considering I've spent $150-300 for serums in the past and I've yet to use them all up due to not seeing any improvement it is relatively affordable. I would definitely repurchase if I keep seeing improvements after 4 weeks.

on 8/1/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Got a sample of this last week. After using it one time - skin texture felt smooth. this product felt lightweight, has decent rose fragrance, and doesn't make my skin feel oily the next morning. this is supposed to be used before your serum and moisturizer. However- was VERY disappointed to see that this product contained denatured or SD alcohol in their ingredients. So I will not use this again.

on 9/1/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this and was reading how great it's supposed to be. I loved the clean, matte feeling after applying it. My skin felt really nice after using it.
However, after just 3 days of using it, my face started to break out, I got these little red bumps on my nose and cheeks. I stopped using it righ away and my skin is back to normal.

on 9/18/2014 8:27:00 PM

I got this product when I was in dire need of a new moisturizing routine when my skin started to peel from being SO dry. This serum has really done it for me. It goes on very smoothly and it makes my skin look so much more refresh and even gives me a glow! Although it does cost quite a bit of money it doesn't go to waste! The bottle is well designed so that only a pea sized drop comes out which is a perfect amount. After about a month of using it, I still had 90% left. I recommend this product to those with dry skin! Remember to use a moisturizer after this serum :)

on 10/8/2014 11:31:00 AM

Been using a sample twice a day for one week. While it does dry matte, and doesn't contribute to either dryness or oiliness on my combination skin, it has done nothing at all. Now, sure you can say that one week isn't sufficient, but I have been using the multistep layering of skincare as recommended by Asian skincare specialists and been pretty rigorous about it. Nada. Nothing. Wasted time. Zero results. I'm about to use up the final day's dosage and if I suddenly discover my skin is worse without it, I shall update with the news that I purchased a full size bottle of this expensive serum. However, I'm expecting no such revelation.

on 10/22/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is dressed up in attractive packaging but the serum itself contains little of substance to justify the high price. Like another reviewerer noted, the second ingredient is denatured alcohol - all-around a poor ingredient for skincare. Over time it will cause dryness and possibly even an overall worsening of skin quality. It absorbs fast, but that's about the only pro - not until the 14th ingredient do you get to something that's actually botanical/plant-based. After water, it's all alcohols, silicones, and preservatives - you're probably better off not using anything than to use this on your face. It caused my skin to become dry, red, and irritated - I would highly recommend you steer clear of this product.

on 11/22/2014 8:17:00 PM

My routine before going outside is a day lotion and follow with a sunscreen with SPF50, lately, I have to work outside most of the time due to my new duty (architecture) under strong exposure for prolonged hours, my skin gets a bit dark spots, skin became dull and small lines appear. Well I think sunscreen alone can't handle it anymore

So I looked for something to strengthen my skin defensive ability, then I found Ultimune, I've been using it for 2 months, as an extra step before my usual day lotion..

What can I say ?? my dark spots disappeared (no new spots neither) lines are gone, laugh lines are smoothened, visibly reduced. it's just my WHOLE FACE has been revived, it's far more effective than EL Night Repair that I used last year

Luv it ^_^

I don't know much about this product because I got a very small sample size and have only used it twice- but first impressions, it smelled very much like alcohol when I put it on, so I looked at the ingredients, and there it was, right after water. So not a fan of the smell. Also not a fan of the feel after putting it on my skin. It was sticky for me. Nothing good or bad has happened to my skin yet, and I'm going to assume that nothing will happen because my sample size is about to run about, but I'll come back with another review if that changes.

I'm so in love with this product its not even funny. It has honestly changed my skin overall and I couldn't be happier. As a person who has sensitive acne prone skin, this is honestly a godsend for me but its kinda confusing because alot of people seem to have this misconception about the product. This product is actually used a "booster" or "enhancer" so to say. I noticed alot of people saying they use this on its own (which I have tried ) and its not suppose to be used that way. its suppose to help the immune system on your skin which will better the health of you're skin overall allowing ANYTHING YOU PUT ON TOP OF IT TO WORK TO THE ITS EFFECTIVENESS! on its own yes you will see redness decrease and help with texture and smoothness but to see real results I recommend using youre favorite serum and then moisturizer overtop(highly encourage serum + moisturizer because serums will penetrate better). TRUST ME THE DIFFERENCE IS INCREDIBLE! the best part about this? this was made to go around the eye too allowing any eye cream to work to its full effect as well. since using it my skin in conjunction with my skincare, the effects were visible within a week! I honestly didnt really see results from my skincare products as much as i liked prior but since adding it my skintone overall is much more translucent and clear plus I haven't had a breakout aside from the time of the month which almost never has happened since turning 16 I loved it so much I introduced it to alot of my friends and told him how to use it and they love it too!

if the ultimune honestly didn't work for you prior try using it after toner but before eye cream, serum, and moisturizer and trust me the difference will be there. I actually had attended one of the events and one of the skincare advisers told me the main reason some people dont see results is due to them using it on its own which you totally can but it was made to enhance anything you put on top while helping you're skins immune system to be stabilized and healthy once more. seriously guys give this a shot its honestly a game changer to the skincare world !!!!!! I cannot rave enough!!!!!

on 1/22/2015 10:00:00 AM