SHISEIDO Ultimune

3.3

Wat

on 9/30/2018 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best product ever. I have the worst skin ever. Been struggling with acne prone horrible skin for the last 20 years. This is the only product that helps. People for the first time ever are giving me compliments about my skin. I look ten years younger. People actually thought I was the older sister to my 22 year old son rather than his mother.
The only problem I have is that it's no more sold in South Africa. I have to buy it online and pay extra custom duty taxes. Please shiseido have at least one store in South Africa.

on 3/21/2017 9:45:00 AM

I have been using this for a month . I bought it because the Shiseido SA said it was a bestseller and an Allure magazine pick .
I use 2 pumps before moisturizer and after toner.
The serum is is slick upon application - almost silicone in feel before it is absorbed.
No skin reactions or anything negative .

Do I see any difference in my face ? Not really. Nothing major. One month in with applications twice a day and nothing to write home about.
I would rather use retinol on my face than buy this again.
A little disappointing after the hype.

I suppose I am the target market for this, but I don't get it at all. I used it under my other moisturizers and serums, before going to bed, when I woke up, etc. etc. and it did nothing but dry my skin out. I don't think anything worked better and my skin felt like the desert. I'm going to go back to my tried and true Hada Labo for less than $20 vs. over $60.

on 2/16/2017 11:11:00 AM

I've been using this product over 2 years. The texture is light, the skin soaks up very fast and creates a good base for makeup. My skin looked very nice, smooth, hydrated and plump. However the result showed only when I used the product and my skin went back to its 'normal' almost immediately (in 2-3 days) whenever I stopped using it. It is too expensive to continue using it in belief of a long term benefit.
I also removed a lippie from the packaging. It looks great and easy to use but adds an unnecessary expense to the already pricey product.

on 10/12/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Tried this 'serum' out for awhile, twice a day as recommended and I can honestly say it did nothing for my skin -maybe felt a general softness, but my skin is already soft. There is a strong tone of alcohol in the product scent. As the serum dries on the skin I felt a tightening sensation (relieved once I applied moisturizer), I know that serums shouldn't feel that way, hence the alcohol component. Not repurchasing because it's too expensive for not having much performance. There are certainly better products out there

on 6/22/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Thank goodness I didn't pay for this product, but to exchange 3 generous sample size using my Sephora points at the checkout.
Upon home, I checked on the ingredient list, the second ingredient is alcohol denat. (they are afraid to put the entire word, denat. = denature)
It was my first day in biochemistry 101, the professor citing the example of drinking alcohol that felt so "smooooth" as it slide down the throat, well, the alcohol is actually denaturizing the mucous membrane cells in the esophagus.
The putting of alcohol in skincare is just for the pleasant feeling, short term gain, long term loss.
Glad I didn't pay for that, but then not all is loss, I will save it for a bug-bite or a hand sanitizer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A few weeks ago, I got a bottle of this stuff, which I'd never heard of before, as a points perk at Sephora. I like it so much, I went back and got 2 more points perk bottles, which end up being the equivalent of the smaller sized bottle of this stuff ($78 in Canada). I really like this. I only use it at night, after cleansing and before putting on my night face cream (I switch back and forth between Jouviance Glyco/Laser and Eucerin Q10). I feel like it just adds a little "something" and my skin actually looks smoother when I use it and just looks "happier" as soon as I apply it. I really like that this product comes in two sizes (a "value size" of 1.6 oz for $115, which saves you a few bucks over buying the smaller bottle) AND that I can get this almost for "free" by using my Optimum Points at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'll keep using my points perk bottles and, if I continue to notice the good results and if some new product doesn't come along to distract me, I will most certainly purchase the full size of this product.

on 11/18/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's all Birchbox's fault. I would never have even heard of this stuff had I not received it in my Birchbox, and that would have saved me a lot of money. I HATE that I love this product. It makes no sense to me. I am always careful to use products that contain ingredients I've researched that supposedly function to help my particular needs, (i.e. I look for arbutin to help with dark spots, BHAs for my pores, Witch Hazel for soothing without sliming, etc.). But this..."Power Infusing"?? Is this for when my ability to climb walls needs to be recharged? Ingredients-wise there's nothing in this...absolutely nothing...that would draw me to purchase it. I am no chemist, and I'm definitely not a cosmetics chemist, so I cannot figure out how the products ingredients synergize to do what they seem to do! It has Vitamin E...(big deal)...It's also got Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract. I looked this up. Its many names are "Beefsteak Plant", "Basilic Japonais", "Menthe Pourpre", "Huile de Shiso", "Perilla Fructesans"...there are many more.I think it might be possible that the alcohol in this...serum?...enhances penetration of ingredients...rosewater, gingko biloba, thyme, baking soda...(?). I don't know, but all together this is...magical.

The bottom line is this stuff makes my skin feel incredible. It seems to add energy, immediately upon application. It makes my skin soft, with an "outdoorsy glow", and (I have to say it), this smells beautiful. I would wear this as perfume if I could. I admit that the scent could be swaying me to adore this product more than it deserves. It's horribly expensive for what seems to be a super-elegant, luxurious toner. However, I guess I need a super-elegant, luxurious toner because after I finished my Birchbox sample bottle, I was compelled to drop $95 for my own lovely bottle. This just feels fabulous on my skin.

EDIT - I have now purchased my third bottle and I'm still loving it. My skin is clear and soft, and I haven't had a breakout in months.

I was given a sample of this product by the SA Sarah in Harvey Nicholls Dundrum Dublin she was the most helpful SA I have ever dealt with I wasn't even buying any products and she gave me samples to try, I explained to her that I suffer from very sensitive skin and also Rosacea also, I used the serum for 5 days and the red markings on my face disappeared I couldn't beleive it also my face looks a lot brighter, she also gave me a sample of the moisturizer benefience 24hr emulsion which I also loved. I will be using these products from now on as I love the results and have never got noticeable results from any other products.

on 1/22/2015 10:00:00 AM