Shiseido Ultimune

Filtered by age: 36-43
Shiseido  Ultimune

2.9

Water, Sd Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg/Ppg-17/4 Dimethyl Ether, Triethylhexanoin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-14m, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Potassium Hydroxide, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Linalool, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Geraniol, Citronellol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Bht, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate.

on 11/23/2017 2:35:00 PM

I would buy it again if Shiseido would take some bad ingredients off! This is the result of 20 years of research and what do we find? Methylparaben inside and not only that. As someone here also underlined, this is quite disappointing. The price also is sky high. I got a 15 ml bottle at 39.00 euros and it lasted about 2 months. I used for the morning and night skincare, after the toner and before the moisturiser. I have to confess I liked it, I liked the scent, I liked the texture, the feeling on my skin. My skin was most probably brighter and I now can say I can see the difference since when I stopped using it. Nevertheless I think it is not worth the price and as said I find unacceptable such a massive use of parabens.

Like all of Shiseido's skin care this is yet another overpriced bulky heavy product that does absolutely nothing for the skin. If anyone has any respect for Cosmetic Chemistry and what goes into a product then it would do you good to read what I have to say about not only this product but for most of Shiseido Skincare in its entirety .

First of all I do not know for the life of me how a brand like Shiseido, the very model of Japanese skin care and the care and meticulous stringent research and attention these people and this brand endeavour to perform but never deliver is able to create such a boring ineffective product such as this.

Like many other moisturisers and serums from this line the results, expectations and benefits are completely over exaggerated and the very ingredients that they claim to use are always,ALWAYS listed after either the fragrance or preservative or BOTH!

By law it is necessary for skin care ingredients to be placed in order of concentration from highest to lowest, in the case of Shiseido, it is always the latter. There is always water, denatured alcohol and silicones at the top, and all the lovely wonderful "Natural" and "Rare" ingredients right at the bottom after the fragrance and preservatives. Very very disappointing product from Shiseido, apart from a few select well formulated sunscreens and cleansers from Shiseido the rest of the line is basically redundant and has absolutely no benefit for the skin.

Oil of Olay at your local pharmacy would give you better results and a noticeable difference(They use plenty of Niacinamide B3) than anything from Shiseido ever would. Shiseido skin care is simply a big joke and shockingly overpriced for what you get. I wouldnt recommend this line at all.

on 10/13/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What people don’t understand is that , one still needs to apply a serum after applying this concentrate. I’ve used it for 2 weeks after the balancing softener and have received good comments about my skin

on 7/26/2017 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not understand the low ratings. I truly love this (pre)serum. The texture is creamy, but sinks in fast. I use it as serum on its own. After a couple of weeks, I can see a difference: my skin shows a healthy glow. You only need 2 pumps for the whole face, so a bottle goes a long way. I am a fan, no matter what others say.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I could not figure out what was giving me tiny whiteheads, and it turned out to be this!! I don't usually put alcohol on my face but I can't resist a sample.

on 1/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

I have a very sensitive and combination skin. Slight rashes came out but it din stop me for using as it control my oily skin well. However after few days of persistent usage, my pore gets visible meaning it dry my skin 😢 I have 1 unused bottle dun know if they can exchange with another product. Regretted in buying it.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don’t know whom this serum is targeted to because I honestly cannot properly identify its functions or age group.
As much as I like Shiseido products (many items work wonders on my skin, I love their Bio Performance line, I adore the foundations & other makeup items) I really cannot understand Ultimune.
It is a runny , transparent serum that come is a magnificent red designer’s bottle (the wow effect stops at the bottle).
The serum is runny and is almost pure alcohol. I have combo skin and when I put this one on, I can really see my cheek skin getting tight and dehydrated : I can see lines forming!!!.
But nothing else as per hydration properties or smoothing effect.
I think it could work for very oily skin, because alcohol makes the trick, but then a younger audience would never pay the very steep price for this one ( the 30 ml bottle retails in Europe for 80 Euros approx).
I had several samples, that I tried to use up, now I got a 10 ml bottle in a set that I am trying to use but no way, my skin does not agree with it.
I would never buy this serum, and I see really few people that can truly benefit from it.
If you need a really good serum, for ALL skin types that really performs, go for Advanced night Repair, the gold standard for serums.

on 4/24/2016 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product 2 months ago and I am using my second one. I really do not understand why many people do negative comments about it but it is one of the best skincare products I have ever used. My skin is fair-medium combination and sensitive type and allergic. It can be reddish very quickly. Shiseido Ultimune is very convenient for every skin type and if you use it twice a day regularly you can see the difference on your skin after a month. First of all it does not cause any reaction, no pimples.It makes the skin fresh, smooth, glowing and younger after a while. People notice the difference easily and make comments like "your skin looks very healthy and bright."
Also, it definitely increases the effectiveness of other products for skin care if you use ultimune first.
Highly recommend it.

on 2/6/2015 9:57:00 PM

I love this stuff!! I'm on my second bottle and it's for sure a serum I can't do without. Works best applied after toner - makes all other products work to their full potential.