Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have this in the shade B Girl and I am in love!! It's the perfect mint blue color for my fair-medium skin tone. First of all let me just say that this is the best nail polish I have ever used in my life. I'm a college student and I am NOT gentle on my nails, I scratch them accidentally on my keys or bang them on the door, and this nail polish stood up to all of that, so far for 4 days. Every other nail polish that I've tried, including OPI, Essie, china glaze, etc. hasn't been able to keep up with my busy lifestyle and flake off of my nails within 3 days of wear. My only complaint is that this nail polish is a little pricey for me. Also I needed 3 coats so I was really skeptical that it would peel off before the week was over but so far, so good. I bought mine on eBay for cheaper, about $5.

on 3/6/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Brilliant product. I am currently on day 8 no chipping or visible wear. I watched YouTube clips of people disclaiming the product but thought I'd try it anyway. I'm so happy I did. I have cleaned, gardened without gloves, washed dishes, cooked. No change. I did put a further top coat on maybe 3 days into it but only cos I had to repair a nail break and repaint one so figured I'd re top coat all. Having had my own nail business and used hundred of different polishes from Dior, estee lauder, lancome, clarins , loreal, Revlon etc. In terms of wear this is by far the best product I've used. Happy days!

on 1/16/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews! This is the best nail polish I've ever tried and I've tried several different brands -- Covergirl, Revlon, OPI, Sally Hansen quick drying, Formula X, Sinful Colors, Essie. This beats all of those brands. The color is so opaque that I usually only apply 1 coat. The colors lasts quite a while even with just the one coat, at least a week without chipping. The color selection is nice, although I wish they had less loud shades. The Sally Hansen Salon Perfect has nice natural shades, but the formula of that one is just not as long lasting as the Miracle Gels. The brush and consistency of the polish is very nice and very easy to apply. I would and have recommended this to others! I recommended this line to my best friend, and now it's her favorite nail polish line too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

No, and no.

I was very excited to try this product and save time and money at the nail salon. I quickly purchased several shades and the top coat needed to seal and dry the gel. Each product is $9.99. I was OK paying that price since it is a fraction of going to the salon, however I still felt it is pricey.

$60 later, I was home giving myself a manicure. I very much enjoy the shape of the brush. It's perfectly rounded and contours to the shape of the nail nicely. I applied two coats of the color, and the top coat as instructed. Other than taking a while to dry, I noticed it looked extremely thick. A day and a half later, my nails were chipping away and looked a mess.

My conclusion, don't waste your money on this "gel" product. It doesn't last long at all. If anything, it is shorter or comperable to the same amout of time as a "regular" polish.

on 1/11/2017 7:55:00 PM

Not a nail expert, just a casual (at home experimenting with builder gel is about as advanced as I've tried... and I couldn't get it to cure...) user.

That said, I was thoroughly impressed with this product line. Instead of two heavier layers of polish, I put down three thin ones - no base coat. Two thin top coats (the necessary Miracle Gel Top Coat sold separately... but seriously, you need the top coat to get the wear time in this case) and I was done until my nails grew out.

Shades I can vouch for (all metallic): Game of Chromes [gold/bronze], Buffalo Nickel [warm silver], Terracopper [light copper] and my favorite, Rock On [silver with black micro beads].

Again, I can't compare this product line to much, as I'm not too into nail polish, but I saw the average review (3.2 at the time of writing this) and I thought I'd help Sally out haha

P.S. +1 on what another review said about the Top Coat causing non-Miracle Gel colors to bleed and dissolve into a mess. Apparently the Top Coat extends wear longer than your average top coat, but IME it's not worth the trouble unless you're in love with a color you already own.

on 1/6/2017 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have this in the shade Terra-Coppa which is a gorgeous rose gold shade. The color is absolutely stunning and i like the consistency and application of the polish.2 coats is enough and it dries quickly. However it chips in less then 24 hours and thats with a base coat and top coat. A+ for the color D- for wear and durability. It isnt like i was ripping open boxes like a savage with it on.. normal day to day things like sleeping, showering and doing my hair caused it to chip and peel away. I actually like the wide flat brush but the lack of wear time makes it a fail in my book. Would not buy again

on 11/21/2016 8:43:00 AM

This is without a doubt the worst nail polish ever. No base coat so after one wearing your nails are discoloured. I don't expect 14 days like the package promises but I do feel a week is not unreasonable. After 2 days it was chipping on the tips. The brush is way too wide and thick and holds too much product. Using a regular nail polish remover was difficult. Probably due to the manufacturer saying to not use a base coat. They need to go back to the drawing board on this. Very disappointing.

on 10/31/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is not a miracle. If you have tried a no light type polish this is another version of that idea. I thought the wear time was slightly better than plain old polish, but certainly 14 days is an exaggeration. My neighbor does get a good week out of this, but I start peeling at 2 1/2 days. Great color selection and easy to find, but seriously not all that miraculous.

on 10/30/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've purchased a few colors and the hues are great! But the formula is awful. When you apply the sealing top coat it takes FOREVER to dry. That would be okay but this didn't last longer than 2 days. I don't see a difference between this polish and a non gel polish.

on 10/29/2016 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the TOPCOAT ONLY.

Let me tell you about the first time I used this topcoat. I used one coat over a quick French manicure that consisted of some old beigey white polish for the tip and a coat of some kind of sheer purple shimmer. I can't even remember the brand that is how nondescript they are.

Then I remembered that I had to bleach my roots. I do root touchups barehanded, because I feel like I can make sure I'm applying in even sections where I can't see, but I was a little salty that I'd just done my nails and now I was going to ruin them.

BUT IT DIDN'T. My manicure sailed through the bleach and the multiple shampoos/rinses afterward for deep conditioning and looked perfect.

It turned out that I did a pretty crap job of this particular touchup, so the next day I was using my bare hands to touchup the touchup. And rinse. And wash. And deep condition and rinse. And after all that my manicure has minor but visible chips on about half my nails but still looks shiny and nice enough to pass for something like school or shopping. Seche Vite would have noped the hell on out of there in great big peeling sheets the first time I rinsed, *and* this topcoat was way less finicky to use.

Popular Polishes