Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The Miracle Gel line is made up of 'safe' shades and finishes for their polishes, so I didn't bother trying anything from the line for ages as I have loads of their Xtreme Wear and Complete Salon Manicure polishes, and didn't see much in the way of 'new' shades on offer. However now I have gotten round to trying the new line, I can say that the actual product formulation is superb; you're getting the non-streaky, high-shine, plump look of a gel polish, without the need to buy the pricey heaters that you need to use to cure a gel polish. Then there's also no need to worry about the tricky removal and damage to nails that a real gel polish causes.

I'm very tough on my hands and nails, so I find that their Miracle Gel polishes don't wear much better than their regular polishes do on me - two or sometimes three days more. But the formulas are excellent quality; almost one-coaters, so smooth and non-staining. There is less mess & no streakiness, so this line is great for those who don't have very steady hands - the polish practically applies itself!! The paddle brush is excellent for my nail shape, neatly coating the nail in two strokes, whilst neatly avoiding the cuticles.

If you are not bothered about extending the wear of the polish for as long as possible, then you can use any topcoat over this line of polishes, rather than buy the pricey topcoat that goes with it. Likewise; you can use the topcoat over any polish, to help it wear a bit longer.

on 6/1/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a nail expert--I just paint them at home, a little haphazardly, but I hate when my nail polish chips so I always use top coats and try to be patient when doing them.

I like this top coat a lot. It's the most hard-wearing and durable top coat that I've tried, and I've tried a lot of them (China Glaze, Essie, etc). It definitely smooths over imperfections and almost melts (?) any of the streakiness that the previous coats have. It definitely wears well for a long time, and it keeps my manicures chip-free for about a week, which is really good for someone who uses their hands a lot.

A few things I don't like about it: it takes forever to dry, and when it starts to get a bit old, some translucent threads come off of the brush and can get very messy. Nail polish in general can be very messy, so it doesn't dissuade me from buying it. I have had more than a few bottles of this, so it clearly does its job.

Would recommend as a top coat for sure, and I have friends who are big fans of the colored nail polish (which I haven't tried).

I will buy this product again.

1) Its more affordable than Essie
2) There are some pretty pastel shades and colorful pop shades ( I Usually buy this brand for summer )
3) the wand is amazing, it really coats well and gives a very nice pro manicure like look)

The only down side is that after 3-4 days it chips, I am an assistant always working with my hands.
I suppose if you were to add 2 coats and the top gel coat they suggest perhaps it will last longer... but have not tried it. The top coats seem to never make a difference anyways and I have tried plenty to say this,,, but hey everyone is different.

Hope this helps :)

ps... try the rose gold one. It soooooo pretty

Stays on without chips longer than any other brand I've tried.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have/had a few shades from this line: Creme de la Creme, Birthday Suit, and Plush Blush. If you want soft shades that you can wear either sheer for a French mani or at 2-3 coats for hella pretty nails, you'll love Miracle Gels. They apply nicely, with a great brush and formula, without streaking, even on the first coat. I never wear sheer polish (hate it), but even I'm always impressed by how smooth the first coat is (even Plush Blush, which has shimmer). They dry quickly, which means they do get thick after one manicure, but it's nothing thinner can't fix. I use them with my own topcoat (Hong Kong Girl), and my manis last 4-5 days. The line has a huge range of nudes and pinks, and I reckon just about anyone could find a "natural nails" shade for them!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have this in the shade B Girl and I am in love!! It's the perfect mint blue color for my fair-medium skin tone. First of all let me just say that this is the best nail polish I have ever used in my life. I'm a college student and I am NOT gentle on my nails, I scratch them accidentally on my keys or bang them on the door, and this nail polish stood up to all of that, so far for 4 days. Every other nail polish that I've tried, including OPI, Essie, china glaze, etc. hasn't been able to keep up with my busy lifestyle and flake off of my nails within 3 days of wear. My only complaint is that this nail polish is a little pricey for me. Also I needed 3 coats so I was really skeptical that it would peel off before the week was over but so far, so good. I bought mine on eBay for cheaper, about $5.

on 3/6/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Brilliant product. I am currently on day 8 no chipping or visible wear. I watched YouTube clips of people disclaiming the product but thought I'd try it anyway. I'm so happy I did. I have cleaned, gardened without gloves, washed dishes, cooked. No change. I did put a further top coat on maybe 3 days into it but only cos I had to repair a nail break and repaint one so figured I'd re top coat all. Having had my own nail business and used hundred of different polishes from Dior, estee lauder, lancome, clarins , loreal, Revlon etc. In terms of wear this is by far the best product I've used. Happy days!

on 1/16/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews! This is the best nail polish I've ever tried and I've tried several different brands -- Covergirl, Revlon, OPI, Sally Hansen quick drying, Formula X, Sinful Colors, Essie. This beats all of those brands. The color is so opaque that I usually only apply 1 coat. The colors lasts quite a while even with just the one coat, at least a week without chipping. The color selection is nice, although I wish they had less loud shades. The Sally Hansen Salon Perfect has nice natural shades, but the formula of that one is just not as long lasting as the Miracle Gels. The brush and consistency of the polish is very nice and very easy to apply. I would and have recommended this to others! I recommended this line to my best friend, and now it's her favorite nail polish line too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

No, and no.

I was very excited to try this product and save time and money at the nail salon. I quickly purchased several shades and the top coat needed to seal and dry the gel. Each product is $9.99. I was OK paying that price since it is a fraction of going to the salon, however I still felt it is pricey.

$60 later, I was home giving myself a manicure. I very much enjoy the shape of the brush. It's perfectly rounded and contours to the shape of the nail nicely. I applied two coats of the color, and the top coat as instructed. Other than taking a while to dry, I noticed it looked extremely thick. A day and a half later, my nails were chipping away and looked a mess.

My conclusion, don't waste your money on this "gel" product. It doesn't last long at all. If anything, it is shorter or comperable to the same amout of time as a "regular" polish.

on 1/11/2017 7:55:00 PM

Not a nail expert, just a casual (at home experimenting with builder gel is about as advanced as I've tried... and I couldn't get it to cure...) user.

That said, I was thoroughly impressed with this product line. Instead of two heavier layers of polish, I put down three thin ones - no base coat. Two thin top coats (the necessary Miracle Gel Top Coat sold separately... but seriously, you need the top coat to get the wear time in this case) and I was done until my nails grew out.

Shades I can vouch for (all metallic): Game of Chromes [gold/bronze], Buffalo Nickel [warm silver], Terracopper [light copper] and my favorite, Rock On [silver with black micro beads].

Again, I can't compare this product line to much, as I'm not too into nail polish, but I saw the average review (3.2 at the time of writing this) and I thought I'd help Sally out haha

P.S. +1 on what another review said about the Top Coat causing non-Miracle Gel colors to bleed and dissolve into a mess. Apparently the Top Coat extends wear longer than your average top coat, but IME it's not worth the trouble unless you're in love with a color you already own.

Popular Polishes