Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.2

Review of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in PINK CADILLAQUER

So I bought this on Amazon, and it came without the top coat, so I'm only reviewing Pink Cadillaquer.
I found this on Amazon for $5 (surprised that it was so cheap since the other colors on the site were more expensive)
In the bottle it's a very white-based cool toned pastel pink - it looks like it would be a baby pink. But on the nail, it dries as a gorgeous cream bubblegum pink. This is what I think of when I hear "pink". Great pigmentation without being an "obnoxious" pink. Many light pink polishes tend to look bad on me as they either fail to "pop" against my pale hands or bring out weird red undertones. Luckily, this shade does neither thanks to its cool tone, so if you're pale like me you can rock this. Great formula applies easily - sheer on the first coat and opaque and smooth on the second coat. I do 3 coats, but 2 is still enough for opaque coverage. Excellent brush that easily smooths out uneven application.

on 9/28/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Okay so I love the colors Redgy, Malibu Peach, Blacky O, and Greyfitti. However, the only miricale is if this polish hardens before I dent the ever loving shiiiit out of it. I love the brush and application but I literally need to paint my nails and go to bed with my hands on tip of my blankets and hope I wake up with smooth nails. If i do it during the day I'm bound to ruin them despite waiting over an hour for them to cure/harden. Again, live the colors but the cure time is almost unbearable. Gave 3 lipsticks instead of 2 because I truly love the colors. Black is always my go to color so I think I'll have to stick with my OPI Black Onyx.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The Miracle Gel line is made up of 'safe' shades and finishes for their polishes, so I didn't bother trying anything from the line for ages as I have loads of their Xtreme Wear and Complete Salon Manicure polishes, and didn't see much in the way of 'new' shades on offer. However now I have gotten round to trying the new line, I can say that the actual product formulation is superb; you're getting the non-streaky, high-shine, plump look of a gel polish, without the need to buy the pricey heaters that you need to use to cure a gel polish. Then there's also no need to worry about the tricky removal and damage to nails that a real gel polish causes.

I'm very tough on my hands and nails, so I find that their Miracle Gel polishes don't wear much better than their regular polishes do on me - two or sometimes three days more. But the formulas are excellent quality; almost one-coaters, so smooth and non-staining. There is less mess & no streakiness, so this line is great for those who don't have very steady hands - the polish practically applies itself!! The paddle brush is excellent for my nail shape, neatly coating the nail in two strokes, whilst neatly avoiding the cuticles.

If you are not bothered about extending the wear of the polish for as long as possible, then you can use any topcoat over this line of polishes, rather than buy the pricey topcoat that goes with it. Likewise; you can use the topcoat over any polish, to help it wear a bit longer.

on 8/3/2017 9:56:00 AM

I tried this several times, following the instructions perfectly. Two coats isn't enough to cover but I don't have time for 3 as this doesn't dry well. I even sat outside to get more natural light on the top coat. This polish does not cure!! You are supposed to be able to reach into your purse after 15 minutes of applying the curing top coat, I waited an hour and my nails were a mess by the time I got to work just from leaving the house and driving. Then it was a project to remove it with regular remover. Not a miracle.

on 8/11/2017 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this formula in two colors - Per Suede and Terra Coppa. I love both. The formulas for both apply beautifully, thick and glossy. However, I have used this with and without the Gel top coat - and they seem to last about the same for me. A few days, maybe, without chipping.

I'm also super hardcore on my hands - I don't baby them even if I have polish on them. I figure if they chip bad enough, I just remove and apply a different polish. If they chip just lightly, I will go back and touch up to extend wear, but most nail polish lasts about 2 days on my hands. I don't really mind.

I think the price range for these are a bit high, since on my nails, they last as long as any other $5 nail polish. The only reason I have a few gels are for the unique colors. Terra Coppa is beautiful.

on 6/1/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a nail expert--I just paint them at home, a little haphazardly, but I hate when my nail polish chips so I always use top coats and try to be patient when doing them.

I like this top coat a lot. It's the most hard-wearing and durable top coat that I've tried, and I've tried a lot of them (China Glaze, Essie, etc). It definitely smooths over imperfections and almost melts (?) any of the streakiness that the previous coats have. It definitely wears well for a long time, and it keeps my manicures chip-free for about a week, which is really good for someone who uses their hands a lot.

A few things I don't like about it: it takes forever to dry, and when it starts to get a bit old, some translucent threads come off of the brush and can get very messy. Nail polish in general can be very messy, so it doesn't dissuade me from buying it. I have had more than a few bottles of this, so it clearly does its job.

Would recommend as a top coat for sure, and I have friends who are big fans of the colored nail polish (which I haven't tried).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have this in the shade B Girl and I am in love!! It's the perfect mint blue color for my fair-medium skin tone. First of all let me just say that this is the best nail polish I have ever used in my life. I'm a college student and I am NOT gentle on my nails, I scratch them accidentally on my keys or bang them on the door, and this nail polish stood up to all of that, so far for 4 days. Every other nail polish that I've tried, including OPI, Essie, china glaze, etc. hasn't been able to keep up with my busy lifestyle and flake off of my nails within 3 days of wear. My only complaint is that this nail polish is a little pricey for me. Also I needed 3 coats so I was really skeptical that it would peel off before the week was over but so far, so good. I bought mine on eBay for cheaper, about $5.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have/had a few shades from this line: Creme de la Creme, Birthday Suit, and Plush Blush. If you want soft shades that you can wear either sheer for a French mani or at 2-3 coats for hella pretty nails, you'll love Miracle Gels. They apply nicely, with a great brush and formula, without streaking, even on the first coat. I never wear sheer polish (hate it), but even I'm always impressed by how smooth the first coat is (even Plush Blush, which has shimmer). They dry quickly, which means they do get thick after one manicure, but it's nothing thinner can't fix. I use them with my own topcoat (Hong Kong Girl), and my manis last 4-5 days. The line has a huge range of nudes and pinks, and I reckon just about anyone could find a "natural nails" shade for them!

I will buy this product again.

1) Its more affordable than Essie
2) There are some pretty pastel shades and colorful pop shades ( I Usually buy this brand for summer )
3) the wand is amazing, it really coats well and gives a very nice pro manicure like look)

The only down side is that after 3-4 days it chips, I am an assistant always working with my hands.
I suppose if you were to add 2 coats and the top gel coat they suggest perhaps it will last longer... but have not tried it. The top coats seem to never make a difference anyways and I have tried plenty to say this,,, but hey everyone is different.

Hope this helps :)

ps... try the rose gold one. It soooooo pretty

Stays on without chips longer than any other brand I've tried.

Popular Polishes