Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.2

I love Sally Hansen, and their Miracle Gel products are definitely my faves when it comes to long lasting nail polish. This polish (if combined with the topcoat) does stay on my nails for about 7 days without any chipping. I do sometimes see it crackling under the top coat if you watch closely. But from a distance - it still looks perfect. My nails are fairly weak and prone to chipping, so eventually my nails will break and that creates chipping. But the polish itself stays on pretty well. Along with the Essie Gel Couture - these are my favourite polishes if you want your nails to look pretty for longer than three days. The colours are well pigmented and have a nice, thick brush that makes it easy to apply.
Along with the top coat: it does take quite long to dry though - so you should plan your manicure as you won't be able to properly use your hands (or feet) for a wee while.

on 7/6/2018 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this in tea party a pale,creamy, mint nail polish. It goes well at the application, it last fairly long with a top coat. I use revlon fast drying top coat. I will buy the gel top coat eventually.verry nice summery color! Love it!

on 6/2/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product isn't perfect. It takes a while to set in and dry. I had to redo 2 fingers. However, once it does dry, it looks great. If my polish lasts a week without touch up, I'm satisfied. I've worn it for 8 days while on vacation. Even with daily swimming and chlorine, the polish has last. The color I have is Smartease. It's a nice shade of pale pink. I also used the top coat.

on 5/26/2018 12:14:00 AM

This is expensive in my country and I only grab it when it comes with a free top coat. This applies well and the Shades available are so nice. It lasts longer compared to other brands either by itself or just by using the TOP coat on other polishes. Dries hard and super shiny .

on 4/8/2018 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not impressed. It takes FOREVER to dry, if it at all. Dents, peeling, and fingerprint impressions all occurred for me, even after allowing the top coat to dry for over an hour. The color is decent (I used B Girl, a tuquoise robins egg blue), but it took 3 coats of color for a non-streaky finish. Price is steep for the frustration factor. I can't speak to the wearability, since I can't get it dry and stay on my nails after polishing. I may try again, adding a coat of quick dry top coat to see if that helps it to dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Takes forever to dry, top coat tends to cause bubbles on nails no matter what I do (I didn't shake the bottle). Doesn't last long on nails. Maybe day or two before cracking of polish starts. Overall, save your money for something better.

Simply Nailogical was right about Sally Hansen. Theu suck lol.

I have this in two shades- Pinky Promise and Shock Wave and have used them both about 3 times. Pinky promise requires two coats and I find Shock Wave needs more. When you first apply it, it looks great, the top coat plumps out the polish and it looks just like a gel manicure you'd get from a salon. Fast forward a few hours and you have a shitestorm of compacted down, regular-looking nail polish with premature chipping and uneven texture- nothing like the long lasting colour and shine that Sally Hansen boasts about. Dishonest marketing at it's finest.

I have a couple of these polishes just sitting in my drawers and thought I'd revisit them thinking 'How bad could they possibly be?' As it turns out, terrible.

I used two coats of Blacky O, one coat of top coat on my nails last night and just ended up with a bubbly mess that never even dried. It's super easy to put fingerprints in your polish even after half an hour, and I did my nails an hour before bed and woke up with sheet marks. Utter nonsense. I will say, though, that the few smooth patches which don't have ridiculous clusters of bubbles underneath or sheet marks are super shiny. Not being able to stand the bubbles, I took them off, cleaned my nails with acetone a little better this time (though briefly swiping at them never causes any problems with other polishes) and redid them today with the same result - bubbly garbage. It's also pretty streaky, and you need more than two coats to get it perfectly even. Also, I know some people enjoy the brush, but I just find it difficult to get a smooth line at the cuticle with these. The brush is shaped like a weird 'V', rather than being curved or flat like a regular brush. (I just checked my other colours, though, and they look rounder, so it might just be the bottle of Blacky O I have).

I can't really speak for the wear time because 1) I'm not sure why I would want to have a bubbly mess on my nails for 14 days, and 2) I tend to redo my nails weekly, but from memory, wear time is fairly average. It doesn't chip on me the next day like it does for others, but neither does regular polish. But another gripe I have with this line, on top of it taking forever and a day to dry and the bubbles, is that it gives me really weird shrinkage the next day. I do cap the tips of my nails, but even then, 'tipwear' (which I'm convinced is just shrinkage) is way more evident than with other polishes when it fully dries down (literally more than 24 hours later), and it always shrinks at the cuticle as well, which is incredibly frustrating after spending so long trying to clean it up and perfect it.

I wouldn't say these products are affordable for a polish, either. I've yet to try the colours with a different top coat, but having to buy both the colour and that specific top coat gets a little pricey (here in Australia, anyway). This would be fine if they worked great, but they don't at all. I do sometimes use the topcoat over other polishes and it works fine, if a little bubblier than I'd like.

All in all, I don't recommend this even a little, unless you just really love the colour, or something. As someone whose go to is just black, I'd definitely prefer using Sally Hansen's way more affordable black from their Xtreme wear line and their quick dry top coat in the red bottle.

on 10/22/2017 5:51:00 AM

One of the worst polishes I’ve ever used. I purchased the Miracle Gel in Purple and it goes on very thick and never dries ever under curing lights. I found it would peel off my nails after a few hours. I’d much rather stick to a quality brand like OPI.

on 9/28/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Okay so I love the colors Redgy, Malibu Peach, Blacky O, and Greyfitti. However, the only miricale is if this polish hardens before I dent the ever loving shiiiit out of it. I love the brush and application but I literally need to paint my nails and go to bed with my hands on tip of my blankets and hope I wake up with smooth nails. If i do it during the day I'm bound to ruin them despite waiting over an hour for them to cure/harden. Again, live the colors but the cure time is almost unbearable. Gave 3 lipsticks instead of 2 because I truly love the colors. Black is always my go to color so I think I'll have to stick with my OPI Black Onyx.

Popular Polishes