Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.2

on 1/16/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews! This is the best nail polish I've ever tried and I've tried several different brands -- Covergirl, Revlon, OPI, Sally Hansen quick drying, Formula X, Sinful Colors, Essie. This beats all of those brands. The color is so opaque that I usually only apply 1 coat. The colors lasts quite a while even with just the one coat, at least a week without chipping. The color selection is nice, although I wish they had less loud shades. The Sally Hansen Salon Perfect has nice natural shades, but the formula of that one is just not as long lasting as the Miracle Gels. The brush and consistency of the polish is very nice and very easy to apply. I would and have recommended this to others! I recommended this line to my best friend, and now it's her favorite nail polish line too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

No, and no.

I was very excited to try this product and save time and money at the nail salon. I quickly purchased several shades and the top coat needed to seal and dry the gel. Each product is $9.99. I was OK paying that price since it is a fraction of going to the salon, however I still felt it is pricey.

$60 later, I was home giving myself a manicure. I very much enjoy the shape of the brush. It's perfectly rounded and contours to the shape of the nail nicely. I applied two coats of the color, and the top coat as instructed. Other than taking a while to dry, I noticed it looked extremely thick. A day and a half later, my nails were chipping away and looked a mess.

My conclusion, don't waste your money on this "gel" product. It doesn't last long at all. If anything, it is shorter or comperable to the same amout of time as a "regular" polish.

on 1/11/2017 7:55:00 PM

Not a nail expert, just a casual (at home experimenting with builder gel is about as advanced as I've tried... and I couldn't get it to cure...) user.

That said, I was thoroughly impressed with this product line. Instead of two heavier layers of polish, I put down three thin ones - no base coat. Two thin top coats (the necessary Miracle Gel Top Coat sold separately... but seriously, you need the top coat to get the wear time in this case) and I was done until my nails grew out.

Shades I can vouch for (all metallic): Game of Chromes [gold/bronze], Buffalo Nickel [warm silver], Terracopper [light copper] and my favorite, Rock On [silver with black micro beads].

Again, I can't compare this product line to much, as I'm not too into nail polish, but I saw the average review (3.2 at the time of writing this) and I thought I'd help Sally out haha

P.S. +1 on what another review said about the Top Coat causing non-Miracle Gel colors to bleed and dissolve into a mess. Apparently the Top Coat extends wear longer than your average top coat, but IME it's not worth the trouble unless you're in love with a color you already own.

on 1/6/2017 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have this in the shade Terra-Coppa which is a gorgeous rose gold shade. The color is absolutely stunning and i like the consistency and application of the polish.2 coats is enough and it dries quickly. However it chips in less then 24 hours and thats with a base coat and top coat. A+ for the color D- for wear and durability. It isnt like i was ripping open boxes like a savage with it on.. normal day to day things like sleeping, showering and doing my hair caused it to chip and peel away. I actually like the wide flat brush but the lack of wear time makes it a fail in my book. Would not buy again

on 11/21/2016 8:43:00 AM

This is without a doubt the worst nail polish ever. No base coat so after one wearing your nails are discoloured. I don't expect 14 days like the package promises but I do feel a week is not unreasonable. After 2 days it was chipping on the tips. The brush is way too wide and thick and holds too much product. Using a regular nail polish remover was difficult. Probably due to the manufacturer saying to not use a base coat. They need to go back to the drawing board on this. Very disappointing.

on 10/31/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is not a miracle. If you have tried a no light type polish this is another version of that idea. I thought the wear time was slightly better than plain old polish, but certainly 14 days is an exaggeration. My neighbor does get a good week out of this, but I start peeling at 2 1/2 days. Great color selection and easy to find, but seriously not all that miraculous.

on 10/30/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've purchased a few colors and the hues are great! But the formula is awful. When you apply the sealing top coat it takes FOREVER to dry. That would be okay but this didn't last longer than 2 days. I don't see a difference between this polish and a non gel polish.

on 10/29/2016 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the TOPCOAT ONLY.

Let me tell you about the first time I used this topcoat. I used one coat over a quick French manicure that consisted of some old beigey white polish for the tip and a coat of some kind of sheer purple shimmer. I can't even remember the brand that is how nondescript they are.

Then I remembered that I had to bleach my roots. I do root touchups barehanded, because I feel like I can make sure I'm applying in even sections where I can't see, but I was a little salty that I'd just done my nails and now I was going to ruin them.

BUT IT DIDN'T. My manicure sailed through the bleach and the multiple shampoos/rinses afterward for deep conditioning and looked perfect.

It turned out that I did a pretty crap job of this particular touchup, so the next day I was using my bare hands to touchup the touchup. And rinse. And wash. And deep condition and rinse. And after all that my manicure has minor but visible chips on about half my nails but still looks shiny and nice enough to pass for something like school or shopping. Seche Vite would have noped the hell on out of there in great big peeling sheets the first time I rinsed, *and* this topcoat was way less finicky to use.

Tl;dr i love this polish, long wearing, dries quickly with the top coat, 2 coats is actually enough with most colours I've tried

Firstly I'd like to say my nail polish always chips in 2 days because I hand wash the dishes and never wear gloves (I know pls don't judge)
This is the best polish I've tried, takes a whole week for my nails to look festy despite constant abuse ( Also I've not had that problem where you think the polish is dry and then you touch fabric and BAM texture)
It's a bit expensive but worth it in my opinion
Make sure you give each coat a bit of time to dry before the next I've found that helps also,

YOU DO NEED THE TOP COAT

or else the polish will just come off soooo don't forget to pick one up if you're planning to give it a shot :)

on 10/14/2016 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell into the hype when these first came out in 2014, and it was streaky, dull and chipped easily. Recently i saw these being marketed again with the new 2x volume top coat, I wanted to give them another try (trying to give up my shellac addiction). I ended up with 5 (I get so suckered into buying things..) new colours, all pretty pigmented and nicer to apply than the first bottle I ever had. The new top coat looks shinier, but takes longer to dry. The top coat seems to crack on the nails giving an ugly appearance, very visible on paler shades. This TC chips like nothing else. I have had it chip overnight - less than 8 hours of wear. The worst part is it wrecks havoc on your nails- it makes my nails peel and split when I wear it. DO NOT BOTHER WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THESE!

Popular Polishes