Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel

3.2

on 9/25/2016 10:09:00 AM

This is my favourite formula of nail polish, and I have about four cubbies worth of nail polish (low-end to high-end).

1. I clean my nails and apply a base coat.
2. I apply the first coat on both hands and let it air dry for a few minutes.
3. I apply a second coat on one hand. Without waiting for it to dry completely, I apply the top coat and make sure the wrap it around the edges.
4. After about ten-fifteen minutes I repeat step 3 on my other hand.

This lasts about 6 days before I experience wear around the tips. It doesn't peel or chip. I can finish my nails before I finish a half hour episode of whatever drama/comedy I'm into!

I like that the handle has a rubberised section so it opens easily, and the brush curves to fit the cuticle. It's my go-to polish of choice, followed closely by the Complete Salon Manicure range.

on 9/12/2016 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

What even IS this?!

Had bad luck with the new Essie Gel, it discolored and peeled my nails, and decided to try the Sally Hansen one.

I did my nails with this, two coats, plus the gel "sealing" top coat and sat for 20 minutes. Nails were still sticking together when I dry-tested. Sat around some more and used about half a bottle of quick dry spray because I was trying to get ready to go out.

It finally seemed about 80% dry so I finished getting ready, and 10 minutes later put my shoes on to go.

Both my thumb nails were completely mushed, and both large toes have smushed toe polish.

Who really has time to sit around for an hour waiting for nails to dry?!?!? This formula is literally ridiculous.

Edit: I took off the job I did yesterday and tried it again using a different gel curing top. It's already like 95% dry after 10 minutes. The problem with this polish is the Sally Hansen top coat. The bottle actually says, "2X Volume Top Coat." I'm assuming in their quest to make a thick top, they didn't account for drying time. I'd only buy this polish if you have a different gel top coat, in my case I'm using Beauty Treats Gel Mania Top Coat that I picked up at Five Below. Works like a charm.

Edit #2: Polish feels dry. Buttoned up a shirt. Nails are mushed.

FINAL VERDICT: Garbage.

To Read all 201 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this polish, but I am really unimpressed with the results. The streaky formula takes a minimum of 3 coats to look uniform. The lighter colors look chalky and weird, not pale and pretty as I'd hoped. And I haven't found the wear to be any more impressive than any other regular polish-usually shows tip wear at 1-2 days and chips by 2-3. I used the polish and topcoat as directed and tried two different polish colors just to be sure that it wasn't a color-specific issue. But this formulation is a dud. Would not repurchase.

I used to LOVE this product. Honestly. I have so many different colours. Then Sally Hansen changed the top coat to be this thick, goopy, gooey mess, and now I absolutely hate this nail polish.
Smartease is a great color, and you're better off putting the polish on, skipping the Miracle Gel top coat and instead using a UV or LED lamp to cure actual gel top coat over top... but I guess that defeats the purpose of the "No Lamp" part......

It never cures properly... I once sat for hours without using my fingers hoping that the top coat would cure and harden....but every time i checked, by lightly touching the top, I could still see the indents of my fingerprints in the polish.. so with one swift wipe of paper towel all my hard work and hours of waiting was gone... total waste of time and money.

on 8/5/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

There are not a lot of products I hate, but this is definitely one of them. Horrible texture and chips after a day. I have no idea why beauty bloggers use to rave about this polish. Will throw it out today. In short: don't buy it!

on 7/31/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This gel polish is garbage. It chips the day it's applied, which kind of renders it useless. Not impressed.

on 7/29/2016 6:49:00 PM

I have had this polish on my nails 2 days and they look terrible. They aren't chipped, the polish has shrunk and softened. I followed the instructions to the letter when appling it. I don't know if its the color or what. The color I purchased was "Pretty Piggy". That's another thing the color doesn't look anything on like it does in the bottle. In the bottle it looks pink,on it is a neon sort of peach. I have used many Sally Hasen products and have never been disappointed so I wasn't worried about purchasing this for $15.00. I put on vinyl gloves to do some work today and when the gloves came off so did some of the polish. I have read other reviews and they were good. I wish I could say the same. I would like to try another color, but am pretty unsure about it after this experience.

on 7/19/2016 6:49:00 AM

As a side note, I'm pretty surprised with the reviews. I know a lot of things don't work for everyone the same but being a self proclaimed drugstore "polish obsesionado" as I am, I still recommend you give this gem a try. I really love this line of the Sally Hansen nail polishes. I own about 16 shades and they all perform really well for me. Thiso Polish lasts me a good 5 to 6 days without chipping.I actually don't even use the designated clear top coat thats designed to seawall everything in. Perhaps that's why it lasts me so long? For top coat of I like to use the Sally Hansen "Big Top coat shine " Polish which is about $4.99 or less. There's not much else I can say other than this line also carries some beautiful colors as well. They usually range from $8.99 to 9.99 but honestly I like these better than any of the Hansen polishes and even bett3r than the over rated Essie nail polished. No shade lol

I have the shade ruby shimmers (bought it in a set that came with the top coat) after my aunt raving about how her nail polish of the same range in a different shade lasted so well. Ruby shimmers does not last.... As does All chalked up according to her. I think it's a little hit and miss and only certain shades work :/

Love this polishes! Good brush, cool shades, I can go approximately one week without chips.

Popular Polishes