Coty L'Aimant

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent doesn't work for me at all. I had the 80s version of the scent which my mother gave to me. The initial spray wasn't so bad, but it seemed to exude a cacaphony of notes of which were too synthetically overpowering for me. It was definitely not delicate on me, and rather than fade, the weird creamy muskiness just hung on me forever. It made me feel real nausea in a big way and even writing this review brings back memories of it's unpleasantness. I know there are comparisons of this to Chanel No. 5. If you like Chanel No. 5 then this might work for you (I'm not a fan of Chanel No. 5 either) so maybe this scent simply isn't to my personal taste, but it's not something I'd recommend to someone who didn't like heavier scents.

on 7/20/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This review is for a vintage, 1940's - 50's, and it is one gorgeous fragrance. Sweet, powdery, but with a great musk and slightly honeyed note to it. Definitely one to purchase if it can be found.

on 1/9/2013 3:44:00 PM

I have this in the creamy skin range.
The smell is divine - like a more expensive brand (no.5) :)
plus the cream scent lasts a long time.
It comes in a black glass bottle so the light doesn't taint it.
My only gripe is - I just wish this came in a bigger size ha.

Well-made floral w depth. It didn't seem that musky or dirty to me, more for a fancy garden party. The aldehydic feel is nice but the floral/fruit mix in this one is too sweet soprano for me. Instead of "old lady" I get overly comforting, like too many pillows, lol ..or having to dress in dress & white gloves sometimes as a kid, too stuffy for me. Also, it does seem pretty close to Chanel No5 in flavor, & would be hard for me to wear for that reason.

on 6/1/2010 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with the reviewers who liken L'Aimant, at least in vintage version, to L'Heure Bleue. It definitely is more a powdery floral and very much in that genre. I haven't seen or tried L'Aimant recently (since the 70's). After smelling Emeraude recently, I'm afraid I'd only be disappointed to find a cheap reformulation.

on 7/6/2009 8:35:00 PM

If I hate one fragrance, it is Chanel No 5. In my opinion it is pukeworthy and I instantly want to run from anyone else who is wearing it also. L'aimant DOES remind me of No.5 but it's like the sweeter younger sister of No.5. I am not a fan of aldehydes in the least but this is gently caressed with soft powder and very subtle fruit/floral notes that it remains wearable. That said, I only bought this cos it was cheap and because I'm so curious, I really don't think it's 'me' and no matter how nice it is, I never do powdery florals well, there is always an 'old lady' connotation for me and if I can sense it Im guessing others will too and I don't want to give off that impression. I also doubt that many guys would find this sexy, I think they would also associate this with an old lady smell.

on 6/30/2008 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Being that I'm not a fan of no.5 I'm surprised that I like L'Aimant. What smells like sandalwood and maybe peach really pops out and it's nice. This is not something though that I'd wear on a regular basis cause it smells rather dated. The bottle I have looks like it's from the 70's and so I'm not sure if it's mutated from lack of care. Maybe I'm not getting the best representation of this but what I have is nice.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Maybe I tried this at the wrong time of year when I wore it last summer. I didn't get any floral or powder notes- it ended up smelling very animalic and musky on me. I don't mean sexy, either, more like unclean musk. Even my sister noticed it- I could tell by the look on her face. I happily gave my bottle to Salvation Army!

Ahhhh L'Aimant. How late I learned to love thee!!!!!!! Warm floral and soft power, it is my ultimate comfort scent. I have the skin cream perfume and the parfum de toilette. While I prefer the former the latter is still a knockout. Unfortunately it is getting harder to find as all that sugary confectionary dross fills the shelves.

Ahh the sweet smell of cheap soap mixed with insect repellant. Unfortunately that is what L'aimant smells like on me. It's a shame, because on paper the notes should suit me and it smells good on other people, but I've been testing it once a year for over 20 years and the result is always the same - bug spray and cheap soap.

Popular Fragrances