3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

My foundation ADHD keeps me from reaching for this as often as I do. When I do...I kick myself for not putting it on frequent rotation because it is a cinch to apply...with a perfect consistency (a liquidy cream) ...and lasting like-skin can ve rage which lasts a full work day. The packaging is a tad on the messy side...but I'm ovelooking that. I'm a use-your-fingers kind of gal and I find this applies perfectly with my digits ((beauty sponge like vine friends tell me that the application with a beauty blender isn't nearly as perfect coz the sponge sucks up too much products). For reference ... I am in the shade "Chai" (nc42 equiv)... with normal borderline combination skin.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3 years ago

Simply one of the best foundations I have ever tried. It lasts all day, it dries like a powder and it's buildable (first layer you get a light coverage, second layer a medium coverage). It comes in 24 shades, it's flash friendly and I think it works for most skin types. Mine, itself, is really oily. Pros: - Nice range of colors - buildable - Lightweight - Long last - Suitable for most skin types Cons: - Pricey - The package could be improved

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

The shade I was matched with is "Vanille." Had to remember to shake it well and hear that mixing ball rattle around inside. It's deceptively thin/watery in texture but it does cover quite well and feels lightweight on the skin. I'm 56 and my complexion is fairly free of wrinkles, but my skin is dull and needs a lightweight foundation to even skin tone and brighten it up. This product fits the bill. There are times when I desire a more luminous finish and add some highlighting liquid to it, but it's not too matte or chalky for mature skin. A little goes a long way and one bottle lasted me for months.

About reviewer (436 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

It's definitely not the worst foundation I've ever tried but it's not the best either. If you don't shake and tap it good enough the amount of coverage will be very disappointint and overall it just doesn't live up to my expectations. The finish really depends on how well I tapped and shook it before use but overall it's pretty natural. I have combo to oily skin and this definitely doesn't keep me matte all day. Long story short: it's ok.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

from

3 years ago

The reason I switched to this product 4 months ago was because my Favourite foundation MUFE HD was discontinued and wanted to try something new and I must say I was not disappointed. Love the Long lasting, semi matte finish on this foundation. Perfect for someone that has normal- combination- oily skin and would probably be too matte for drier skins. Im nc40 and got the shade in chai which is very good match for my skin. It's gives a medium coverage at best and has a semi cream/ watery texture which many people dislike but I actually love this because it translates on application in a similar way giving a very light feel on the skin which is almost weightless and just beautiful. Used with my body shop aloe vera day moisturiser and Shiseido very water resistant spf50 I do not get any pilling or application issues. I apply this with my Bobbi Brown foundation brush and blend with a damp beauty blender which gives the best airbrushed affect in my opinion. I set with LM translucent and the look you get is honestly flawless! Haha. I sometimes use my MUFE HD powder which works but the LM powder is more suited to the foundation. This foundation is also Long wearing, lasts up to 8/9 hours on me with maybe one touch up in the day with LM powder on my nose. The rest of my face stays looking great and somehow it looks better as the day goes on as it gets ever so slightly dewy but not greasy which I love. Great foundation but will take one lippy off because the packaging needs improvement as the nozzle on the tube leaks and inside of lid can get very messy which is a wastage of gorgeous product. To prevent this I do have to be very careful and store it with the nozzle facing upward. Hope they can fix this soon!

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I have severely oily skin and I'm super acne prone. I rarely find foundations that stay on my face and still look semi "natural" (although makeup is makeup) -- but this foundation is amazing. It is pricey though, and sephora no long carries it so you have to go to macy's. I'm seriously so in love with this stuff. the color is a little too light for me but it is beautiful once I mix it in with another shade. Goes perfectly with the secret camouflage concealer. I have serious discoloration and this evens out the skin tone enough so that I dont need as much spot concealing. It does tend to flake in your dry patches, but most foundations do. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

4 years ago

Let's just say I'm glad I got a sample and not the full sized product. This foundation is weird. When I applied it with a regular makeup sponge it was very streaky. I had to dab the sponge a lot in order to get the foundation not to look streaky. The coverage isn't awful, but I wouldn't say it's full coverage. Maybe medium if you build it up. While using this foundation I HAD TO exfoliate. It made dry patches I didn't even know I had VERY visible!! After a full day of wearing it (with a primer*) the foundation separated on my face, making it oily yet dry. For some reason this foundation also made my skin purge itself of blackheads! Gross right? Which made me have to exfoliate them away... Although, I don't think it made me breakout at all which was the only reason I wore it multiple times. This just isn't a good foundation. What were they thinking??

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGray

4 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NPhZeedxDq0 http://citricouture.blogspot.ca/2016/05/laura-mercier-smooth-finish-flawless.html

About reviewer (157 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

Definitely not FLAWLESS and does not leave a smooth look! the coverage would be like a 3/10 for me and it made my pores waaayyy more visible than it should be. If you have an oily complexion I would advise you not to use this as it'll make your skin even worse. Although it felt pretty light on the skin, it clogged up my pores and I actually woke up with extra acne the next dayy :( The packaging is even worse. The lady who sold this to me told me to shake it a few times before using. I did just that, and turns out the product came flying out the tube and made a mess all over my hand. PLEASE FIX THE PACKAGING!!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Basically my holy grail! I use this when I have a good skin day since it is light coverage. But, I believe that it is buildable. I have been searching for the right foundation for years. It applies smoothly. The MUA matched me with Vanille which is perfect for my skin. It lasts all day long. I don't regret buying this. Definitely will buy it again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29