OPI Girls Love Ponies

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Girls Love Ponies is a gorgeous shade of Barbie pink, a cross between fuschia and hot pink which is bright and eye-catching but not neon. It has a lovely formula, fully opaque in two coats and dries to a shiny, creme finish. It applies easily, like butter. It doesn't streak or apply patchily. It's a very easy to use formula. I got around 5 days of wear from this polish when paired with base and top coat. I find this to be the standard for OPI polishes. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this shade, it is one of those universally flattering and universally enjoyable shades - colourful but inoffensive. I believe it would look great on all skin tones, and would recommend this to anyone looking for a bit of Barbie in their life.

This is a darker shade of hot pink, not quite fuchsia but almost, and it has a shiny creme finish with no shimmer. Excellent OPI formula, very smooth and opaque. No problems with application or wear.

Very bright too, the color is really eye-catching. I love these types of shades and this one is a lovely addition to my collection.

Would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Girls Love Ponies is a vivid deep pink creme from the OPI Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Collection. This is a pretty pink, it's bright, it's fuschia, it's like Barbie on steroids. I had the hardest time trying to find this pink. The store display sold out of it as soon as it hit the shelves, and I was able to grab all the others from the collection but this little beauty. I waited for the trucks to deliver to ULTA for 2 shipments and they never got this one in to replenish so I went online but they wanted too much for shipping and trying to get the store to waive my shipping fee since they were out of stock didn't work either, however, I ended up scoring a deal on smile.amazon (which gives a portion of the sales to your favorite charity when you order from Amazon) and getting the polish for less than retail and with free shipping! Happy Dance here... And I do love ponies. This has the cutest wrap around the top of the cap of the galloping Mustang logo. The polish is dark pink and has a lot of blue in it. It isn't a red violet, but it certainly leans that way. This is a really beautiful color although it really isn't groundbreaking and I'm quite certain that I have several dupes for it if I shop my stash. While I didn't do a swatch comparison, Essie Fiesta and Cover Girl Tickled Pink are almost dupes and Nicole Spring Break and Nicole Be Ama-zing! both look like a bottle dupe and China Glaze Fuschia Fanatic is very close too. However, as a Ford Mustang lover, and in memory of my daddy who was an avid Mustang collector/restorer this polish is a bit nostalgic for me and definitely has emotional ties, and that's okay. Whatever reasons a polish has for making one happy and there are many, OPI knows that too and that is why they release these collections. I mean, you can get a nice deep pink polish from almost any polish maker, but you aren't going to get a limited edition Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary polish anywhere but here. The formula on this is a nice creme that goes on evenly and smoothly and is opaque in one coat. There is still slight visible nail line with only one, so I added a second coat. It does not self level though, but it does glide on evenly. The brush on this is a standard sized brush but it is very flexible, fans out beautifully and applies the polish very well. Yes, it's pink, yes it's not original, but I'm happy with it and that's all that matters. Yes, Girls Love Ponies.

Popular Polishes