Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

Aqua/Water, Prunis Armeniaca/Apricot Kernel Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sclerotium Gum, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Phosphate, Allantonin, Polyparaben, Cucumis Sativas/Cucumber Fruit Extract, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Mica, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, CI 75130/Beta Carotene Fmla 685195/3 Code F.I.L.:D8750/1

on 3/13/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Best (eye and face) makeup remover I've ever used. And, I've tried many - micellar waters (Simple; Garnier; Bioderma; La Roche Posay); Balms (Clinique Take The Day Away; Eve Lom); Cream cleansers (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing; Resist; Skin Recovery; Calm Dry & Oily; Moisture Boost): Foaming cleansers (Cerave; IS Clinical Cleansing Complex); Cleansing Milks (DHC; Eucerin); Oil cleansing method ...

My skin is super-sensitive - for example, my face stings and flushes pink when I use Bioderma Crealine. Even cotton pads and microfibre facecloths can cause irritation. I have to be really careful. I wear a heavy physical waterproof sunscreen every day (Elta MD UV Pure) to protect my complexion from environmental irritation - this stuff doesn't not come off easily.

With Kiehl's I apply it all over my (dry) face, gently massage it in for a minute or so, then let it sit for a few minutes. I then rinse thoroughly with tepid then cool water. Everything dissolves and washes away effortlessly. No cotton pads. No facecloth. Zero irritation. Zero flushing. My face just feels hydrated, clean and calm.

My skin actually feels perfect after this but I prefer to double cleanse in the evening, so I follow with Trilogy Very Gentle Cleansing Cream (following the same gentle massage, let sit, tepid then cool rinse).

HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended. It's a small bottle to use all over the face but vs. cotton pads, facecloths, make up remover wipes etc. + the gentleness on the skin, it's a winner.

An Okay product, gentle yes but does not remove makeup well.

on 2/19/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It doesn't sting and takes make up off gently.

A more soothing approach compared to most make up oils.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Another reviewer turned me onto this product and I have found my HG eye makeup remover in this!!! I was using a two-layered product before, but found they tended to smear my mascara onto my lower lid and it'd take a ton of passes to get the makeup from my skin ONTO the cotton pad. With this lotion-type remover, I put a dollap onto a cotton round, smear it over it, press the pad onto my eyes for a few seconds and then swipe. Leaves the area very moisturized too, but I typically cleanse my skin right after still as part of my routine.

on 11/22/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this eye make up remover because it does remove makeup well, and the price is decent. I didn't give it full stars and said I wouldn't buy it again because I am looking for a more conditioning eye makeup remover. Price was decent, no irritating smells or sensations burning my eyes. I also agree with the precious reviewer, hold the saturated cotton balls on top of the eye lid for a few seconds (I even wiggle gently) and then gently wipe away eye makeup/mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

There is a trick to using this eye makeup remover, which is to put on about a 1 -2 cm width size amount on two cotton pads (kinda need some trial and error here), smooth out the liquid over the whole pad and plonk them on your eyes (obviously, close your eyes). Let it stay there for a few seconds, then gently pat your eyes all around over the cotton pad for another few seconds. I would leave them longer if there is more heavy duty eye makeup. Then remove the cotton pads, turn them over to repeat (as some of the liquid would have soaked through the otherside of the cotton). The trick is to let the liquid absorb and the patting of the cotton over the lids. Don't rub as it isn't very good for your lashes and thin skin over the eyelids!
Works great for me and I'm on my third bottle for this year. Very gentle and have never felt any stinging sensation.

on 11/30/2012 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Please do not buy this if you wear waterproof liner and mascara. It won't do a good job at removing either. For non-waterproof eye makeup it works well, and it's also nice to have around for picking up any fallout, by putting a little on a cotton swab. I'm used to more gel or watery makeup removers, so the lotion based consistency of this took some getting used to. Apply a dime sized amount to a cotton pad, fold the pad in half to saturate the entire surface and then press the cotton pad to the eyelids for a few seconds before wiping. The formula is very gentle like the product name says, and it doesn't cause any redness or itching no matter how much I apply. Still, I won't repurchase because I dislike having two different eye makeup removers on hand. I still prefer Lancome's Bi-Facil and Neutrogena's eye makeup removers.

I love love love this product. It is so gentle and so smooth on your eyes. The formula is unique and not water and oil like most. This is almost like a serum. Please try it!

on 3/12/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As a male actor it is vitally important for me(well at least my male ego) to get ALL traces of dramatic makeup off of my face after a performance. I was recently in a performance of Pippin where I had to wear rather dramatic waterproof eye makeup. I used the Makeup Forever Aqua Liners along with the Makeup Forever Aqua Cream shadows for most of the look. If you have tried either of those products then you'll know how hard they can be to get off. I mascara I had to wear (MAC Zoom Lash) wasn't waterproof but it did get it off completely as well. The best part is that it got all of it off in a flash. No tugging, no hazy vision, Just clean eyes...And I wear contacts so that says a lot. Also the price is a steal for the amount of product that you get. The only other eye makeup remover in a lotion type form on the market that I am aware of is by Clinique. I haven't tried it but it is $17 for only 2.5 ounces, with this one you pay $.50 less and get 1.7 ounces more! The best part is that you don't have to rinse it off after you use it and it doesn't feel greasy! I also found that since it was a lotion it was much more easier to use on a cotton swab to fix any mistakes that I may have made while putting the makeup on(unfortunately it was a low budget product so no MA on set).

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really like this eye-makeup remover because its so gentle. The only reason I don't give it a five is because it doesn't take off my mascara. I do like it, though.