Maybelline Indian Summer

Maybelline Indian Summer

1 review

on 7/11/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Indian Summer is marked as "new" on the label. I found this little eye shadow duo at HEB when I was just browsing the cosmetics aisle. This is a pocket sized duo of two complimentary shadows one for all over eyelid and the other for accent, shadowing, and as a definer. The lighter shade is an ivory color and the darker one is a pretty chocolate brown with golden shimmer. Both of these have visible shimmer in the pan, but it doesn't come across as a glittery shadow on the eyelids. The shimmer is visible but only when very very close up. It's a subtle look. This comes with a sponge applicator, which I save for doing nail art and use a brush instead. I thought these would be great for a natural everyday eye look and I was right. This gives me a perfectly natural looking easy eye with the ivory making my eyes look refreshed and opens them up and the chocolate gives the right amount of shading and these blended well. I've been applying these using the sandwich method and loving the look I get with just 2 colors. This is an easy grab and go duo and I have been grabbing it almost every day since I got it a couple of weeks ago. It is my new favorite duo. I have the Urban Decay Naked palettes too, but I grab this little duo far more often for an everyday look. It's quick, easy, and no having to decide which shades to wear or which go together best. I don't know if any are dupes, and it doesn't matter. I hope this is not a limited edition as these are really workable for me and give me a great easy eye look. I'd like to see the brown shade released as a single in a much larger size as it such a beautiful warm chocolate color.