no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

L'Artisan Santal... If I had to identify one note that is sure to get my attention, it's sandalwood. My love for sandalwood started as a child growing up in a house where incense was always burning, and my favorite was always sandalwood. Well, it was only natural that this love for sandalwood would spill over into my love for perfume. I've smelled this scent blended with other notes hundreds of ways, but alone? Well, let's just say, I've struggled to find a Sandalwood dominated perfume that grabbed my attention. ... Enter L'Artisan Santal.... My oh my, I love this stuff. The mild citrus paired with this quality Sandalwood is exquisite imo. It's a bit on the soapy side, but the "soapiness" is not dominant, and I could be wrong, but I think this one could be unisex. Finally, Sandalwood...Very, very nicely done!

About reviewer (491 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBrown

12 years ago

I love this frag. It is the epitome of non-sweet soapy clean-ness. I get just the faintest insinuation of vetyver in it, which may actually be my interpretation of the lime mentioned so frequently, as I don't get a particularly voiced citrus from this. It isn't a wahck-you-over-the-head sandalwood, and there is nothing rich or woody about this scent. It's light and delicate -- though not effeminate, by any means -- and very, very clean. It's the kind of smell that you would notice more on your SO's forgotten sweater than on their person. I love it on me, but I'd love it on a guy, as well; and it really is almost impossible to abuse. Overspraying just wastes, it doesn't make it louder -- and such is the nature of the scent that you shouldn't particularly want it to be any more present than the soft skin scent it is meant to be.

About reviewer (262 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

13 years ago

Santal is ravishing. It starts with a very soft, light, pretty lime note over salty sandalwood. very delicate, very your-skin-but-better almost. For this reason, Santal would make an awesome boy frag as well, since it can't be oversprayed. As it dries down, a very soft egyptian musk note -- soapy, warm, fresh -- comes forward. After about two hours, your skin smells clean, slightly soapy, a hint of salt, and the softest back occasionally of the lime. It lasts for a long time, but it's VERY faint. This is an incredibly subtle scent, very little sillage, perfect for intimate moments, and it is just so so so beautiful and complex. It is never going to be a diva fragrance, an elevator-filler, a Look At Me!!! party screamer. Santal is what you wear when you're meeting your lover and you know you won't make it out of bed, when you want them to think it's you that smells so wonderful, when you're around people who claim to hate perfume, when you want to smell elegant and beautiful during a hug but not fill a room with your scent.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBrown

from

16 years ago

Love it! My favorite sandalwood, after trying just about all the ones out there. Dry, with a touch of citrus - perfect for all seasons.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

19 years ago

I love this. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. But I didn't buy it because I ws debating between it and another (L'Eau de L'Artisan). This has sandalwood and lime. It's not heavy or cloying at all. It's very fresh and light.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

from

19 years ago

L'Artisan's sandalwood. This is a very nice one for you sandalwood lovers. It is very spicy and I think it is more suited for fall/winter, but it is nice. Also, this could be considered a unisex frgrance.

About reviewer (781 reviews)

Age44-55