Boots Simply Sensitive Gently Refreshing Toner

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this toner! In a world where it seems that finding a toner without alcohol, witch hazel, or fragrance/irritants is nearly impossible Ė this toner by Boots is a welcome find. In fact, this is the only toner Iíve found that is readily available in UK shops, that doesnít have any of these aforementioned undesirable ingredients Ė although I havenít stopped looking!

I believe this toner is a re-brand of the Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner, which I have been unable to find in UK Boots stores recently Ė a comparison of the ingredient list of the two toners shows they are nearly identical, the only difference being this new sensitive toner doesnít contain any mineral water, while the Expert toner does.

This toner is definitely basic, and while Iíd like some more skin friendly / antioxidant ingredients in my toner, Iíll always have this toner on my dressing table as a staple product in my routine. Itís so gentle and just does what itís supposed to do, without fuss or anything that will irritate my skin. Plus itís cheap (£2.69 for 200ml) so I can splash it on with gay abandon. Iíve also poured some into a little spray bottle to use as a spritz to set makeup, or to use when Iím out and about and my skin feels tight / dry. Itís a much cheaper alternative to specific facial sprays you can buy for this purpose.

The packaging is standard for toners Ė plastic bottle, screw cap, small aperture through which the toner is dispensed, canít complain about it, but itís not Ďexcitingí packaging either (if that sort of thing makes you happy).

All in all, for a basic, readily available, cost-effective toner, that wonít irritate your skin Ė you canít go wrong with this product and I am very happy Iíve found it.