Laneige BB Cushion

Laneige BB Cushion
Korean BB cushionsKorean BB cushions

3.2

Octinozxate 7, Tintanium 4.15, zinc 9.8Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Cyclohexasiloxane,Phenyl Trimethicone,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Butylene Glycol,Dicaprylate/Dicaprate,Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone,Arbutin,Butylene Glycol,Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer,Polyhydroxystearic Acid,Sodium Chloride,Aluminum Hydroxide,Polymethyl Methacrylates,Stearic Acid,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Phenoxyethanol,Disteardimonium Hectorite,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Isostearic Acid,Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Lecithin,Isopropyl Palmitate,Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate,Ethylhexylglycerin,Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone,Methacrylate Copolymer,Melia Azadirachta Extract,Yeast Extract,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Silica,Manganese Sulfate,Zinc Sulfate,Magnesium Sulfate,Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract,Caprylyl Glycol,1,2-Hexanediol,Fragrance,Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891),Iron Oxides (CI 77492),Iron Oxides (CI 77491),Iron Oxides (CI 77499).guests who viewed this item ultimately bough

I have tried the old formula Laneige Pore Control Cushion straight out of Korea and enjoyed its ease of use. I was curious about the Target (U.S. Version) of Laneige's BB cushion. I have to say that I'm not a fan of the color choices. I think they were trying to appeal to the non-Asian crowd which doesn't work in my favor because I'm a pasty yellowish Asian girl at NC15-20 (Summer at NC25). I tried the LIGHT version of this and it is not the best match for my skin. I have to blend it thoroughly down to my neck to hide the peachy/orangeness of it.

Pros:
dewiness gives off a youthful appearance

Cons:
the smell
smears all over the side of my mobile phone

on 12/17/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this product because I adore cushion products and Laneige is one of my favorite Korean brands. However I had a few mishaps with this particular BB Cushion after purchasing it for about $36 at Target. First, I bought the wrong shade for myself because there was no tester available so I guessed I would be Light-Medium. That was my fault as Light-Medium is too dark for my NC20 complexion. The second problem I ran into was the fragrance is nauseating and it lingers on my skin for a while. I'm not super sensitive to fragrance, but this one bothered me a lot throughout the day so I don't recommend this to people with sensitive skin or noses. The third problem is the coverage, which is too light coverage for my preference. The only pleasant thing I can claim about this product is the packaging. Its a sturdy case to travel with and the air puff they provide is good quality. Overall, this product is not ideal for oily or sensitive skin and I will not repurchase this exact product from Laneige.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So, after readings Charlotte Cho's Little Book of Skincare, I wanted to add something to my beauty regime that would allow me to reapply SPF in the middle of the day. I picked this up at Target because I figured it would be a low-risk way to try it and I could return it easily if it didn't work.
I was a bit worried when there were only three different shades so I went with dark. The packaging is cute but I wasn't sure about the little dinky cushion which can't be sterilized or washed but the container and mirror are cute and well-made.
My summer South Asian skin was an ideal match and I liked how it was light and dewey (not oily which is what my skin is normally). It blended in flawlessly and the coverage was buildable. I started with Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle sunscreen and POREfessional primer followed by color corrections my dark undereye circles and acne scars with the NYX palette. Then I applied the BB cushion and loved the dewey, soft, natural looking finish. Also by re-applying it in the middle of the day, it controls any oil slicks that may have started forming.
Overall, I wish it was a tad cheaper and I'm still skeptical of how long that little cushion will last. At least they provide you with a refill!
EDIT: so apparently you glide, not press the puff to get th foundation and you are supposed to clean/sterilize it after use.
Also, they are releasing a bunch of new shades in the newest version (http://www.laneige.com/sg/en/event/cushion-campaign.html) which will differentiate between neutral/cool undertones. While a lot of the instructions may be in Korean on the website, they have super helpful diagrams too!
Also from their website, How to Use:
How to use
1. Take content with the puff, apply on the face in the direction of skin texture in a pushing motion, and gently pat to make the application adhere to skin. To increase coverage, apply once more.

2. If the content no longer comes out after deeply pressing the cushion with the fingers, it means the content is used up; replace it with a new refill container.

on 10/1/2016 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Lucky my hubby went to Las Vegas for work, and bought me two back, duty free - $29 USD each.
Lucky me! Best husband!!
The smell disappeared quickly for me, and it doesn't irritate my skin, as just about every other Korean cushion does in varying degrees.
The finish is too dewy, but easily fixed with setting powder, and the slight whitish sheen from the sunscreen is fixed with bronzer. My oily skin is comfortable in this all day. I sometimes have to run my finger along my fine lines where it settles, but I think it's my fault for applying too heavily in those areas.
Love it, and you get a refill, so it's heaps of value.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I decided to try this after watching Descendants of the Sun and I had high hopes for it because I trust Song Hye Kyo as she is the ambassador for this product.
I agreed with a previous review that it does have an armpit smell which makes this product intolerable overall.
I have very oily and acne-prone skin, and this cakes up my face and makes my pores and pimples more visible than without any makeup.
At the end of the day, I would have to wash my face 2-3 times before removing all the product.

on 9/13/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I first saw this BB cushion on Luxola website and at first, I was very uninterested since the idea of cushion foundation is very unhygienic and such a waste of money, thinking that it might dry up fast. And then, the hype of Korean drama Descendants of The Sun Starts and I saw dr. Kang Mo Yeon used it as I found out later that Song Hye Kyo is the some sort of Laneige ambassador. From that moment on, my oh my was I wrong. I WANT IT!! The thing is, it is very difficult to find the pore control version in shade 31 (it is the darkest color available in Indonesia). So, after searching through one mall to another, I gave up and bought the original version instead even though my skin is practically an oil mess. It is sold for 560k IDR here with a refill, which is actually pretty expensive for me.

On the first try, I do realize that the smell is very disturbing but somehow disappeared after a few minutes. The color is somehow a little lighter for my face but i can still pull it off with a bronzer here and there. It can also make my face very dewy but not oily, which is nice. If you don't apply too much, it can look very natural. I just wish the shades 33 is available in Indonesia. However, I realized that it could be a little difficult to take off and felt a little siliconey. I don't know whether this product contain it but the pore control version definitely has it. But overall, I really like this cushion but since there are a lot of western brand that launched the cushion foundation like YSL and Lancome, I think I'm gonna spend my money on them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is definitely a product to try for N/D to slightly combo skin types because it stays moist on the skin. As others have said below it does not really dry. But if you have dryish skin it will feel great and look very attractive on. Does not highlight flakes or dry areas and gives a glow unlike L'Oreal Lumi cushion which is more matte with a powdery finish. And has SPF 50 fulll spectrum sunscreen.

I wear light and am NC 20 in MAC colors. It matches very well.

Product seems pricey but you get a refill in the box so pretty economical when broken down.

Can get it at Target. Made by Amore Pacific, parent company of Laneige.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is my first cushion foundation. I have a porcelain skin tone and have this in the color Light which is too dark for my natural skin tone but a perfect match for the summer when I have on self tanner. I liked the application of this product, the medium coverage and that it has spf 50. However, this was not meant for my 49 year old skin. It sank into pores and lines even with primer. Not long lasting at all on my skin. But for younger, smooth skin this could be nice.

on 6/5/2016 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this BB cream, I have normal/combination skin and this works great on my skin. I am about an NC35 in Mac and the color medium dark is perfect. This shade has warm undertones and the sheer coverage makes it blend perfectly into skin. I find that if I use this without a primer it tends to be a little tacky but if I use a primer with it, it sets to a soft matte finish. I usually don't even need to set it with powder and it last all day. I'm a guy and I love this bb cushion because it looks really natural but evens out my skin tone. My favorite part of this product is the convenience factor, this is a moisturizer, sunscreen, anti aging product all housed in a little compact with a high quality applicator.

on 5/22/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I'm all about the Korean BB cream craze- I have yet to find any American brand foundation that is good for acne prone skin, anti aging, contains spf, and brightens your skin, while also providing great coverage, so until I do- I am sticking with BB creams. I used to order my previous BB cream online and it was working very well for me, until a friend of mine recommended Laneige and it looked fabulous on her so I decided to give it a try (after weeks of reading reviews and watching youtube videos).

I started out by ordering the sample kit from online. I have to recommend this for anyone who is curious about this product. The sample comes with the three main colors Laneige offers - light, medium, and dark, and a tiny applicator sponge. Medium was my color and I was immediately impressed with the way it set on my skin. My previous bb cream (Missha M) was very dewy and felt heavier on my skin, whilst Laneige is nice and lightweight, but it all depended on how much you put on, of course. My favorite thing about this product is how it doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup either- providing a very natural finish.
This has to have been my first Korean brand I was able to buy locally (from Target). It's also the most expensive foundation I've ever bought but it's worth it considering your basically buying two of the sponges with the product inside.
As for how long this product lasts: It's been four months since I bought this bb cream and it's still going strong. I don't use it very often, only when I'm running an errand that will require me to be out and exposed to the sun. I want to see how long this will last me to consider buying it a second time. (I'll keep you guys updated on that!)

*Extra notes*
So, I've tried applying the cushion bb cream with the applicator it comes with and a flat-top brush and I have to say, the applicator it comes with somehow gives my skin a semi-matte satin finish, while applying it with a brush makes it look more dewy. Just something I thought of throwing in there.
I also recommend this product if you are middle aged or older because I tried this on my mom and it looked beautiful on her skin. She looked ten times younger!
I'm trying to decide whether it's better for dry/oily skin tones. Over the winter I noticed it would cling to my dry patches but only when I first applied it because it ended up looking slightly dewy (nothing overbearing or oily) by the end of the day. So honestly, I can't say.