L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof
Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof

3.8

I like this mascara better than Lash Paradise on my lashes. For me as I'm getting older my lashes are thinning. With this mascara maybe because of the fibers I think it makes my lashes look so much fuller and longer as well. I purchased mine in the black brown shade because I'm very fair and the black can look a little stark on me so this shade is perfect. This stays on me all day till I'm ready to take it off. And it comes off rather easy for me so that's a big plus as I like to wash my face and be done. With this I can do that and I also like how I do not need makeup remover for this.

This mascara works great for me with or without lash primer. So I'm very impressed with this because I only need a few strokes and I get the volume and drama that I like, I also like the brush it works very well to cover my lashes from root to tip. All in all it's a great product that I would totally repurchase and it really does a great job for my lashes. So happy with this mascara especially for my long but thinning lashes. Recommended. :)

on 5/15/2018 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the mascara i've been looking for since they stopped making Cover Girl Marathon mascara! Yes, I'm that old. Marathon mascara used to stay on and on and on and it did not smear, smudge and was totally waterproof. This is the dupe! Finally, I found a mascara that does what it promises. The 'butterfly' brush is a bit tricky to get used to and i find that I probably don't pick up as much product with this brush, which necessitates a few coats as a result. However, the result is nice full lashes that do not smudge or run. Yeah!! (You will need a good makeup remover to remove this, but I don't care. I'm looking for staying power, not for something that washes off easily....)

on 12/17/2017 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my daily mascara since it came out. I have so many mascaras, but I never like what I get. I don't like clumps, I don't like smudging later in the day and I have to be able to apply a mascara and go. I don't want to spend extra time in recoating or combing my lashes. Although this mascara isn't perfect, it is the best I've come across so far and keep coming back to it, even though I still keep trying others. I have long lashes, but this somehow makes them look longer. And best of all, the brush combs my lashes as I apply AND the mascara holds a curl. No extra combing needed! I will openly admit that I absolutely love the brush. My lashes look clump free, separated and curled, and yes, it is waterproof. The reason I took off one lippie is because I can't put too much on my bottom lashes because like every other darn mascara, I will end up with smudge marks under my eyes. But as long as I keep the application to a minimum on the bottom lashes, I don't experience any running or smudging. It takes off fairly easily at night. I mean, it's really on there, but a good makeup remover wipe will take it off without ripping out your lashes.

on 4/14/2017 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Separates. Lengthens. Looks really natural.

on 5/2/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally found my HG mascara. This makes my 55yr old short, fine lashes long and full. It doesn't smudge or budge-be prepared to use makeup remover to take it off at night!

I've been fixated on Mascaras recently as I had been aiming for a natural office look lately. I'm trying to go for the "sunblock-lipstick-eyeliner-mascara-groomed brows" only routine.
I bought a MAC Upward lash which was garbage, I also got the Max Factor Clump defy which was meh, the Shu Uemura Tokyo Lash volumizing mascara which was good but not exactly the look I was looking for.

This Mascara, the first time I used it, I really went "woooow!". Although it doesn't give that much volume, my lashes definitely looked thicker and groomed, and neatly brushed because of the awesome brush. I looooooove the brush. My lashes are volumized but no clumping until around the 4th or 5th application. My lashes looks amazingly separated as if I brushed/combed it. The best part, upon using it after an eyelash curler, the curl lasts the whole frickin' day! I applied it at 07:30am and even after jogging at 18:30, my lashes still look their best. Amazing product. I swear I'm repurchasing this after I run out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was at Shoppers Drug Mart, looking specifically Doritos and also for a black liquid eyeliner. I saw that this Butterfly mascara included a bonus eyeliner, so it was only 9.99 together. I was thinking wow that's a great deal. I bought it and the lovely cosmetics lady gave me a free bag for my chips and makeup. When I got home, I did not realize that the word "Diamantissime" on the eyeliner. So when I went to apply it on my eyes, it had glitter specks in it. That was not what I was looking for.
Anyways on to the mascara. The gold packaging is beautiful and makes it look luxurious. The wand is reminiscent to the Maybelline's lash sensational (which I love). They both had the same rubber winged shape head with four long bristles on each side, but the L'oreal one is definitely a bit more sharp. I stabbed my eye one while applying and it really hurt. I think this mascara is great for length only. After spending a good two minutes curling my eyelashes, the butterfly mascara just kills the curl. Bummer. On the bright side, the shorter bristles makes it easy to apply the bottom lash and the mascara is natural looking.

TLDR: I wanted an eyeliner but bought a mascara that kills a curl.

on 9/21/2015 12:30:00 PM

Hello, my new favorite mascara! I fell in love with the first application. I actually said "whoa" out loud at the mirror. Mascara NEVER works this well for me. My lashes are thin, sparse, and stick-straight. I always use a curler and always use waterproof mascara (most non-waterproof are so liquidy they uncurl my lashes). I've tried a gazillion mascaras and very few make the final cut (Maybelline Full & Soft, L'oreal Voluminous, and Covergirl Lashblast). The brush on this one is definitely interesting, and I was careful to position it properly. And oh boy, it separated, lengthened, and gave volume to my lashes. It even made the curl better. And it only took one coat for some serious va-voom. To add a second coat it needs to be done fairly quickly. If the first coat dries too much the second coat gets clumpy.

Once my mascara is applied, I generally coat my lashes with She-laq to keep them from smudging or wilting. The first day with this one I forgot and by the end of the day, my lashes were still perfect! Every day since I've been loving this mascara. To take it off, I use Neutrogena makeup remover cleansing towelettes. I hold one on my lids for a moment and gently rub the mascara away.

I can't believe how much I love this mascara.

on 9/17/2015 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First of all, the tube barrel is huge! The brush is huge as well and I think it's better for those who have longer lashes than I do. One side has very short rubber bristles which I use to apply my first coat. The opposite side has longer rubber bristles which I then use for the second coat and to separate the lashes. I have to be very careful for the second application because I do it on the top portion of the lashes which can touch my eyelid skin. BUT I must admit that my lashes do look great! I still prefer a small barrel, but this one is very good.

I live in the tropics where the temperature has been unusually hot and humid in the 90's. As with most mascara's I've used, this one is no different with some smudging on the bottom of my eyes. I use Almay oil mascara remover pads which gets off waterproof mascara's better than most.

Overall, I'm iffy on whether or not I'd repurchase only because of the huge brush. I suppose if I couldn't find something I like better I'd buy this one again.

on 9/9/2015 4:58:00 PM

I bought the non waterproof mascara. I never have trouble with non waterproof mascara rubbing or smudging off. This formula is very thin, light. Smudges off easily, have to apply more than 2 coats. I wont buy this again, but will wait to go back to my usual mascara (Covergirl Lash blast- Orange Tube or M.A.C. Hott and Naughty) after this runs out...If I can wait that long.