LANEIGE BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50

LANEIGE BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50
BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50BB Cushion Pore Control SPF50

3.7

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Cyclohexasiloxane,Phenyl Trimethicone,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate,Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone,Arbutin,Butylene Glycol,Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer,Polyhydroxystearic Acid,Sodium Chloride,Aluminum Hydroxide,Polymethyl Methacrylates,Stearic Acid,Triethoxycaprylylsilane,Phenoxyethanol,Disteardimonium Hectorite,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Isostearic Acid,Ethylhexyl Palmitate,Lecithin,Isopropyl Palmitate,Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate,Ethylhexylglycerin,Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer,Melia Azadirachta Extract,Yeast Extract,Dimethicone,Trimethylsiloxysilicate,Disodium EDTA,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Silica,Manganese Sulfate,Zinc Sulfate,Magnesium Sulfate,Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract,Caprylyl Glycol,1,2-Hexanediol,Fragrance,Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891),Iron Oxides (CI 77492),Iron Oxides (CI 77491),Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 7/7/2014 9:39:00 AM

I am not new to Korean makeup, over the years I have used several BB creams and BB pacts and also some skin care items. All of them I ordered online (I live in Sweden). My latest and most awesome, no doubt whatsoever, is the Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control foundation. I think it is the latest of Laneiges BB cushion foundations and I do not know if it is available in the USA. I do have many foundation favorites, most of them powder foundations, but this beats them all. My 'mature' skin is very dry with an oily T-zone. In an instant, this product makes it seem flawless, perfect - and, unbelievably, stay so during the heat of the day (we have a very hot summer in Sweden this year). In fact, I am so happy with this foundation that I already am afraid it will some time be discontinued ..... The color selection is not huge: the (for Korea) common colors 21 and 23, but additionally a color 13 (true beige, a very light neutral color) and a color 14 (a light rosy beige). As I do not know how to clean the sponge that comes with the compact, I apply the foundation with one of my Real Techniques stippling brushes and save the sponge for 'on the go'. I paid USD 45 for the compact with refill and also received two night cream tubes (ordinary size) and a supply of serums, also for the night. Shipping was free. My biggest beauty problem - dry skin, especially cheeks, in combination with a very oily nose and chin - has been solved and I can at last enjoy summer to its fullest, knowing that my skin will always look moist and cared for - but never greasy. Thank you, Laneige!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for more than 6mths now. Yes i was going gaga over this when it got so popular and it was highly recommended by asian makeupartists etc. I have acne/blemishes on mycheeks and quite a oily skin . It doesnt cover up totally , but you can work and build on it . Singapore is so humid , this can barely last me through the day, even when im working in a airconditioned place. The bbcream starts to build up on my tzone forehead and having patches . I had to use tissue to dap on it before reapplying it again. I purchased the laniege brush pact which is a setting powder . sadly it doesnt really help much. I guess its because of the humid weather . And that said , as long as u start to perspire , you will have patches of the foundation, but i guess its normal since its a liquid base . As i have sensitive skin too , i realised the fragrance might be too strong even though it smells good but for acne prone skin you wont want to aggravate it further. this doesnt break me out that much but i will want to find a better foundation for acne proned skin :)

on 10/28/2015 5:40:00 AM

I am currently using Laneige No. 21 Natural Beige for about a month now.
There are countless good reviews here however, I guess it just doesn't suit me.
I have combi, acne-prone and face with old scars.

The fact that BB creams do not provide much coverage is something I had expected out of Laneige's Pore Control.

Coverage: 3.8/5 for Laneige, especially when its marketed as a BB cream which is known to be light and sheer. Very much build-able.
However, it does not last for me as long as the other reviews says.

Using patting motions, I applied on my face after my primer.
9am: With Laneige's Pore Control
11:30am: All gone. My T-zone oiled up really bad. My chin and T-zone got really yucky with streaks of BB cream. I had to blot and touched up with Innisfree Blur Pact to cover the mess.
At the end of the day when I am home, I have barely any BB cream left on my face, Instead it felt like I just put powder instead of this cushion.

I have been using M.A.C, Estee Lauder and MUFE, and they all at least lasted for 4-6 hours barely with so much touch up. However, this is the first time I had to touch up at least every 1-2 hours.

Sadly, it did not work out that well for me. I gave in to such good reviews but it did not live up to its reviews.

Overall:
Light to Medium Coverage to Full Coverage (Depend on how much you build)
Dewy finish (Its supposed to be semi-matte, not even close to matte for me though)
Gave me breakouts (Perhaps with the excessive touching up and the facial oils with the bb cream in the pores, yucks!)
Smell: Tolerable
Sponge: I don't know how long it'll last, but its recommended to change when needed.
Packaging: Cute!

Given a choice, I would not purchase it again.
Worth every penny? Maybe for those who had reaped the benefits of this product line. For me? Sorry, not really.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am not a fan of Korean make-up, or rather, I've always been sticking to my MUFE for the longest time. I have two main problems with my skin - acne-prone and dehydrated. Being acne-prone means that I have to select my products carefully which would explain why I stick to MUFE cos it is tested and proven to not cause any outbreak on my skin. I must say Laneige made me take that step cos of all the reviews I've read online. The truth of the matter is, it is a fresh idea. Who would have thought that BB Cream can come in this sponge form anyway?

And so I mentioned about my dehydrated skin.. This is pretty tricky cos usually the skin is pretty moisturized inside but the surface of the skin is dry. Most of the time, I'm stuck at what products to buy. Oily skin or not? Dry skin or not? I asked the SA and she recommended the Pore Control series which is supposedly good for skin like mine.

A little background... Usually I have to blot my face by noon and do a touch-up but what surprised me was.. After my first day of usage, I practically didn't have to touch-up if I'm not fussy and if I really wanted a healthy, glowy, dewy look (not OILY), I could just blot and touch-up at late afternoon. Big improvement, yes.

I supposed this could have partly been attributed from me skipping the moisturizer and sunblock steps which I usually have to with my MUFE as it doesn't come with sun protection & moisturizing property.

Secondly, this product does smell great! Love the light fragrance and ALSO.. the cooling effect on the skin. It makes putting on makeup so enjoyable if I would say. :)

Thirdly, it is not expensive. Bought mine with an additional refill for only SGD$57. It essentially means 2 quantities at just SGD$57.

But I am giving it 4/5..

The last one goes to the coverage. My skin has some red spots left behind by past acne and I can't really cover them fully with the BB Cushion but this problem is pretty much solved with my concealer. No biggies.

Don't expect this to give you a thorough matte finish though. Due to its composition of mineral water, it leaves your skin looking dewy.. a healthy glowy dewy look. This is easily solved though.. Just top off your make-up with some loose powder :)

The last point which I'm still observing is how long this sponge can last me. I am a little sceptical of how much a piece of sponge can hold. I'm going towards my 4th week using. Shall update on this again!

To sum it all, if you want to aim for a natural glow, this is the product for you. It is light on the skin, doesn't cake up. It is easy on the pocket too, IMO.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I know this foundation may be for oily skin but I wanted try it one day and I did. It is totally for oily skin. It clinged to the dry spots on my skin and made me look lifeless and flat even with a highlighter. Do NOT recommend for dry skin. The price point is ridiculous, 47 canadian dollars. The packaging is okay, pretty basic but still cute. Not worth the splurge.

on 2/19/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of my favourite BB creams and the shade no. 13 is perfect for my ghostly white skin tone. Make sure, you use a good moisturiser because otherwise you may end up with patchy looking skin. I usually pat this on with the included latex sponge, which is really good btw. I rarely use the included tools (sponges, brushes,...), because the quality is a bit off, but this one is really decent. It works like a charm, smoothing your skin texture, making the pores barely visible and leaves you with porcelain-like skin. However, bear in mind that this is a BB cream, not a foundation, meaning that the coverage level has its limits. Though you can build the coverage up to a certain level (I'd say somewhere around medium), you may need a concealer, if you need an extra coverage.

After setting this with a translucent powder, the BB cream stays in place. After about 4 hours, I need a little touchup on the nose area, but the rest is still perfect. I bought this in Thailand a few weeks ago and started using it there, where the weather is really humid and sunny. I never got any sunburn or tan, so you can trust the 'SPF50¨line in this product. I continued using it after flying back to Europe, where the weather is cold and dry (between -5 and 5°C) and the BB Cushion still provides great results. The only difference is that I don't need to touchup for up to 7 hours around the nose.

I can only recommend this and will repurchase once I run out of it.

on 11/11/2015 12:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is a bb cream not a foundation, so the coverage is light - but buildable to a degree. it goes on like a dream, covers pores really well, and looks very natural. i find applying with the little puff is a bit tedious and fiddly, but i get the same excellent result from using a foundation brush, so the puff stays in the compact for touch ups. the added bonus is that brushes are easier to keep clean. the compact has a luxe feel, and i imagine it travels well - certainly better than a bottle.

the (asian) colour #13 is perfect for my pale NC15 skin, and i suspect the colours are quite forgiving as the cream is sheer. in the compact, the cushion looks super dark (and orange!), but the cream itself is not that colour. a great 'no makeup' product that 'disappears' on the skin and makes it look more even-toned. for a more perfect look i still need concealer for shadows and discolouration.

i've taken off 1 lippy because of

(i) the heavy fragrance - i only reluctantly put fragrance on my face

(ii) the slightly misleading claims made for the product

although it does dry a little powdery, the light-reflective finish looks too glowy to be called semi-matte imo. that plus the lack of oil-absorbing ingredients means that over time my (only mildly) oily t-zone gets super shiny, as the oil seems to sit on top of the bb cream, and the dewy finish compounds the effect. powdering and reapplying help, but i find the cream oxidises over time. it's definitely not the longest-wearing product i've used. that being said, as it goes on so easily and beautifully without needing a primer, you could probably clean off your face and reapply it without too much trouble ;-)

this bb cream has a place in my rotation for light makeup days, and i can see myself reaching for it more often than the cream and liquid foundations that demand more in application, and are more prone to settling in my pores. if it offered shine control as well, it would be pretty hard to beat.

It comes with a refill so it is not expensive. It covers some blemishes. Need to apply more if I have obvious marks esp from picked pimples (yeah, I know). The sunscreen in it does decent protection but it is not as effective as a sunscreen by itself when compared with SPF50 sunscreen. It does prevent dark spots and darker skin but up to a certain point only. This is the oil and pore control version but I still get oily after a few hrs. I apply Innisfree no-sebum Mineral Pact before applying this and get less oil on face later. This is the first BB cushion I had tried and I love it! It is more natural on my skin than Innisfree's Long Wear cushion (too thick and fake). I prefer to look natural. I had purchased this several times. Right now I'm using another BB cream but not cushion. I find that if you mix BB cream with some moisturiser or silicone primer, it feels like cushion too.

on 9/2/2015 3:10:00 AM

This is one of my HG foundation! After some research, this is the only bb cushion that formulates for oily skin and enlarged pores. The tip to apply this is to pat it around the face. You will get very natural look and it covers redness. The coverage is buildable and I don't even need to use concealer with this.

Overall, I am really impressed with the coverage, spf 50 and moisturizing factor of it.

on 10/28/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily and acne-prone skin that only needs minor coverage. This was the cushion that I was most excited to try because I am in love with all of Laneige's skincare line and have been using the brand for several years. Unfortunately, my hunt for the best BB cushion continues, as this was just all hype.

[ PROS ]
- The Shade #13 Ivory matched my NC20 skin well enough
- Packaging is solid and feels sturdy enough for carrying around in the purse

[ CONS ]
- Requires blotting within ONE HOUR of application (despite setting it with a good finishing powder and setting spray). Even the worst bb cushions I've tried thus far only require blotting after 2 hours!
- My skin has been very good recently, but this didn't provide any coverage
- Gets cakey very quickly (even 2 layers can look unnatural)
- Accentuates pores even with the use of pore-minimizing primers
- Disintegrated and got incredibly blotchy within 3 hours
- Gave me little itchy bumps all along my cheek bones, even though I rarely actually break out from any foundations or bb creams... this was truly a first in a very long time

I would never recommend this product to anyone with any kind of imperfection on their skin, or anyone with mildly sensitive skin. This may be great for those who just want an incredibly sheer layer of coverage while running errands, but even for that, the IOPE Air XP cushion would be more suitable.