3.6

Reviews

3.0
from

3 months ago

This is the first time I use a cushion product so I can't compare it to similar products. BareMinerals has discontinued their BB Prime Time tinted Primer with SPF30(in Fair) which was PERFECT for me to wear under my various powder foundations to make them last very long and to give me a good sun protection. So I started looking for a similar product and Laneige BB cushion was the one that offered all I needed. I had to decide between the Pore Control and the Hydra Radiance, and because I'm going toward summer I chose the Pore Control and shade no.21 seemed the better option. It comes in a full compact AND a refill, so you buy a total of 30ml of product, which is more than other cushion product offer. So far, the shade is a bit too warm for me and because it oxidezes a lot, it becomes also a bit too dark, but I use a lighter powder afterward, so it is ok. I tried to apply it with the sponge but I don't like it and I have the impression that it wastes a lot of product, so I use a very dense foundation brush and this is great. The coverage is sheer and the finish very natural, so it is a good alternative to BareMineral Tinted Primer. It is fairly long lasting, especially with powder on the top, but also a bit drying so it will show all dry patches if I don't hydrate my skin very well and regularly do peelings in order to make it look good. I guess the Hydra Radiance version and shade no.11 or 13 would have been better for me. The only thing I really don't like is that they use also Octinoxate additionally to titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as sunscreens, and this is a compound that is fast absorbed by the skin and has disruptive effects on the body (estrogen, thyroid, reproductive hormons etc.). For this reason I'm not going to use it too often and I won't buy it again.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

I should start off by saying that this product is suitable for very oily or oily/combination skin ONLY. I have a very oily t-zone and dry cheeks, and this product did work well for me. Pros: 1. Works particularly well if you live in a hot + humid country. 2. Really helps in oil control and sebum production throughout the day. In fact, this is where the main complaint might come in for those with dry skin - it does cause patchiness if there is not enough oil/moisture on the skin for this product to combat. 3. I've worn this for 12-hour long work days and it still looks great (semi-matte + clear) without touch-ups. I don't powder this foundation down at all, and it still stays on my face the whole day. 4. Buildable coverage + amazing SPF protection. Cons: 1. Does not work well during winter or dryer months when the air is colder/dryer, even if you have oily skin. This product is really effective in mattifying your skin. So it's better to use during hotter seasons - which then begs the question if it's economical. :') Tips: 1. To combat the dryness of my cheeks, I apply a moisturising primer (Tarte base tape primer works very well for me - it contains coconut milk), and then apply this foundation on top. 2. Moisturising/hydrating concealers work best with this foundation, in my opinion! E.g. Tarte's shape tape is NOT a good combo with this one, but something like Maybelline's age rewind concealer is a better pick! 3. I wouldn't recommend using a powder to set this foundation - it's not needed since it's long-lasting and mattifying. But each to his own, so you gotta see what works best for you!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2.0

a year ago

I would say this is a good entry level cushion for those with surface irregularities or pores with oily-combo skin. Be warned that this is thicker than the average cushion since its designed to smooth the surface. Provides moderate coverage with good spf. Does not moisturise skin but gives a glow finish. You will need a few pats before it covers evenly. For $15 refill off eBay, you can't really go wrong. If you have a few more dollars to spend,I would recommend that you upgrade to a higher end brand since I've discovered that it makes a visible difference with cushions, such as IOPE, HERA, etc. I did like the anti-ageing cushion by Laneige better since its thinner with great coverage. Color remains true, no oxidising whatsoever which I really liked about this.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I know this foundation may be for oily skin but I wanted try it one day and I did. It is totally for oily skin. It clinged to the dry spots on my skin and made me look lifeless and flat even with a highlighter. Do NOT recommend for dry skin. The price point is ridiculous, 47 canadian dollars. The packaging is okay, pretty basic but still cute. Not worth the splurge.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I like it I guess, I got this in 11 porcelain, it has a very strong smell like a weird alcohol floral fragrance, for the price you can get an entire bottle of bb cream from another brand such as Skin79 or Lioele that will last so much longer, I don't like the smell it lingers on the skin, it has a light to medium coverage, it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin and it has like a dry matte-ish finish, Id recommend this to people who want to try the cushion BBs without spending a fortune on one of the "luxe" ones, they say these cushion bbs revolutionized foundation because now you can touch up on the go and these compacts are so easy to carry around and to take along on travel

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

2.0

2 years ago

First, I can't find the right shade for my skin. I usually wear Burberry Glow foundation #20 and Shiseido Golden 3. Laneige BB cushion #23 is dark and appears pinkish on me. The number 21 is so light for me. I am not in love with the finish either. I do have dry skin and this cushion feels sticky!! Everyone else says dewy. No!! they're wrong! After applying, I wait for 2 minutes then set my base with powder. The bb feels so tacky against my powder brush. It seems to me the product only sit on face. At the mid day, the product emphasizes my pores. I don't have big pores! My face feels oily although I have dry skin. Besides, it slides around my forehead and my nose area. I try different ways such as matte powder, translucent powder, no moisturizer before, and w/out powder. It doesn't work for me.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

The worse cushion for dry skin. I wanted comfortable matte foundation with medium coverage that is long lasting under hot weather but not cakey. This foundation is uncomfortably VERY matte, very thick and cakey and weird smell. Probably oily skin with a lot of blemishes to cover might like this.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

3 years ago

One of the best BB cushion during Summer. The coverage is medium - full but yet gives a dewy finish. For a matte finish just dap on some finishing/mattfying translucent powder and your'e good to go. Great for touch up as well as the SPF is high and sufficient. Did not have to worry about getting burnt, tanned and freckles.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

3 years ago

I bought the newest version which has diamond shaped cushion. I love how it give me glowing and fresh look. However after a week using it, my skin starts to develop rashes. I had to consult dermatologist and has stopped the cushion.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Gotten the sample size, when I sign up as a member in the Laneige shop in Singapore. After trying, the coverage is mild, it did give a mild dewy look. After 2 hours my face start to dry up, coverage start to fade. In another 2 hours later, I noticed my face start to have red patches on my cheek, but it doesn't itch, it look like I'm having rashes on it. My face start to get oily, coverage is almost gone. Today weather wasn't even humid or sunny in Singapore, is rainy day.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35