Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.8

I have frizzy wavy hair. This stuff is a leave in product that actually works. Leaves my hair smooth, shiny and it feels clean. does not make my hair feel lank or greasy.
it costs about $35 (?) but a little goes a long way so it works out ok. Directions say the smoothing effects are cumulative so the more you use it, the more effective it will be.
I can recommend this product.

on 8/6/2017 7:24:00 PM

My hair is fine and wavy, 2C texture, and is prone to frizz in hot/ humid weather. I purchased a small tube of this after looking through most of the Smooth Infusion styling products line. This one looked thinner and more fluid than some of the other ones, which seemed like they would be too thick/ heavy for my fine hair. I've tried using this on wet, damp and dry hair, in varying amounts, and all it manages to do is make my hair look flat and dirty. I love the herbal scent, like I do most of Aveda's scents, but performance wise, this was very bad for my hair. It's pricy, too, so luckily I only bought the travel size.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product did not work for me. I used it six times, but it did not help to straighten my wavy hair. It didn't seem to make any difference at all. It did make my hair get oily sooner. I ended up returning it and going back to Farouk Chi Straight Guard, which helps staighten my hair somewhat.

on 7/24/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had previously written a pretty scathing review of this product in a hurry, and I think it deserves a better, more detailed treatment. Here goes!

My hair is long, thick, and curly (2c on top, 3a mid, and 3b underneath), and it frizzes easily. I can get a silky blow dry with just a round brush and some elbow grease, no product. I've had keratin treatments done, and really loved them. But I've been lazy about them for the past couple of years, so this product seemed like it could be a nice (and cheaper!) alternative.

My review is based on three uses over the course of two weeks. The first thing I noticed was that the texture was a bit gummy. Next, I found that it did indeed make it easier to straighten (and seemed to dry a bit faster in general). However, it left me with a texture that I wasn't happy with. The ends felt coarse and sort of puffy (which was never a problem for me before). There wasn't the same level of sleek silkiness. It did have fine shine and volume, but there was no movement. From my ears down my hair felt like a mass.

Frizz-wise, the shape held up, without any crazy expansion (I'm in the south, and it's definitely a good place to judge this), but I have gotten some overnight wavies close to the nape on the under layer.

Overall, I'm not crazy about this because it just gave my hair a very unappealing texture- sort of like what you would get with an amateur blowout. And while it did hold off frizz, I felt the trade-off wasn't worth it. Just didnt feel like my best hair. I can only imagine that over time this would get worse for me with the cumulative effect.

I might keep this in mind for a special event if I knew I'd be facing hair-wrecking humidity, but otherwise I think keratin is still the best overall remedy for the issues this product is targeting.

Popular Styling Products