Boucheron Place Vendome

Boucheron Place Vendome

Top Notes: Pink Pepper, Orange Blossom, Rose, Tangerine.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Honey, Peony, Praline.

Base Notes: Benzoin, Cedar.

I love these notes, especially the orange blossom, honey, praline, benzoin, and cedar. This is a beautiful fragrance that is slightly gourmand and extremely feminine throughout its evolution from top notes to base notes. The only complaint I have concerns performance. It performs more like a body spray than an eau de parfum. It is light and almost ethereal but delicious. I use at least six sprays anytime I wear it. It has mild projection and sillage, and longevity is poor. I get approximately three hours wear out of it, but I adore it for those three hours. If these notes appeal to you, then I highly recommend it. Just do not expect great performance.

I do not think anyone would be offended by it in an office setting, but it is a romantic type of fragrance, so one may wish to reserve it for after work. Given its lightness, I think it will work best in Spring and Summer. I think very cold weather would probably mute these notes, but I look forward to testing it in the cold weather this Winter. This is definitely a winner for Boucheron. If only it had greater projection, sillage, and longevity especially.

The bottle is pretty and quite heavy in one's hand. The presentation is quite good compared to many of its contemporaries.

Fragrance: 7.5/10
Projection: 5/10
Sillage: 5/10
Longevity: 5/10

on 4/25/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Place Vendme is so beautiful. It reminds me of how perfumes used to smell when they were distinctively "perfume". The topnotes to me are honey and orange blossom...and they are enchanting. On my skin this smells new and exciting...yet deeply familiar. I can't yet place what this is remindng me of...Safari perhaps? I know there's a strong rose note, but my nose doesn't tell my brain "rose" here. I sense orange blossom throughout, with a tinge of peony. The wear begins with honey-powder, and dries down to praline blended with benzoin. Love it.

The overall look and feel of Place Vendme is that of an elegant French perfume (which it is, of course).The thick, padded glass bottle with a bejeweled gold cap makes a gorgeous boudoir piece. Place Vendme is really a standout to me out of all the new fragrance releases I've tried since 2013.

I guessed that Olivier Cresp had something to do with the exquisite blend of musky and sweet...and I was correct.

on 9/5/2014 10:24:00 AM

For some reason this reminds me of Grace Kelly. Feminine, sparkling, tender, welcoming. Not necessarily super attractive or flirtatious but beautiful. She's head to toe beautiful. A well-mannered, sophisticated woman. Not really a girl, not an attention seeker. But you can't miss her. She's enchanting.

on 7/4/2014 2:07:00 PM

I received a sample of this, and I was pleasantly surprised as I had overlooked Boucheron for many years.

Initially this is a light, sweet floral, airy and lightweight fragrance, but soon develops a woody depth. I detect a hint of honey, and also of cedar which stops it being overwhelmingly feminine. It's not a foody scent, or a generic sweet fragrance which seem to be popular right now. This is a fragrance for a sophisticated woman, not a young girl.

The faceted glass bottle is simple yet beautiful, and deserves to be on display.

Saying all this though, I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to buy this. It's a nice fragrance but it's not something so unique that it turns heads. It's also expensive for something that's nothing too special and for those reasons I won't be buying it.

From Fragrantica:
It opens with fresh and sparkling pink pepper which illuminates delicate orange blossom and rose essence. Jasmine petals develop in their full floral potential in the heart of the perfume, together with peony enriched with golden traces of creamy honey. The base notes include elegant cedar and sensual benzoin.

Popular Fragrances