L'Oreal Miss Manga - waterproof

Miss Manga - waterproof

2.8

on 11/8/2017 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just realized I've been using this for several years now and never reviewed it. I'm really surprised at how bad the reviews are, but everyone's experience can be different I suppose. I also haven't tried a lot of mascaras, but so far this one has been decent for me.

I wear this daily, and I do agree with the other reviewers that it can clump. I haven't had a mascara that doesn't clump though, so I can deal with it. It gets less thick and prone to this as the formula dries. My aunt also complimented me one day and said it looked nice and not too fake but still made my lashes look longer. I've cried with this on and it didn't give me super bad mascara trails, but I saw some mascara flecks on my lower lids (not a big deal). The staying power overall is really decent imo without making my eyelashes overly rigid.

Oh and I absolutely love the packaging! I always heard about Japanese mascaras and this is what drew me to it. I can't guarantee it's the best mascara, but I'm content with it for now :)

on 5/17/2017 7:44:00 PM

Not sure why there are so many bad reviews. This is awesomeness! My two go-to mascaras have been Voluminous and Maybelline Full n Soft, obviously for different reasons. I was looking for something more dramatic than FnS but Voluminous was giving me major raccoon eyes (and I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes). I tried Miss Manga and I am HOOKED. I no longer wear eyeliner, thanks to this stuff. I have pin straight eyelashes. I curl them and then apply Miss Manga, and my lashes stay curled and flirty all day long. Yes the brush is flimsy, but I think it is by design to give you the look of separated (but not clumpy) lashes. Love this stuff!

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I finally tried this mascara and I LOVE it! I think it makes my lashes look amazing, its super easy to apply, builds well. This isnt really a natural look mascara as it does clump very slightly, but the length is a great trade-off. It stays on. Be aware that the applicator brush is flex-y... really no learning curve though

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this at discount at Walgreens for $3, and thank God I didn't pay full price!
I have long curly lashes and this mascara did NOTHING for them. The applicator is weird and super flexible (why L'Oreal?) which I don't mind at all, but it has no real purpose. As you start to brush through your lashes it starts to inevitably clump them together and adds NO volume and NO length to them. It just looks messy. And then you start to try to remove the clumps and before you know it you have mascara all over your eyelids!
So it reduces your lashes to half. Let's say you have 10 lashes, this will separate and stick them together so you look like you only have 4 lashes left. It's just BAD and the name is gimmicky but the packaging is really cute.
I gave it 2 lippies because the formula doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day but please save your money and get a better cheaper mascara.
(I LOVE the Jordana Best Lash Mascara and it's only $4)

on 12/14/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Really good for holding up curls, my eyelashes stays in place the whole day. It is buildable and creates thick long lashes. I always get complimented on how long and thick my lashes are, and some people even mistake it for false lashes! That's what i really like about this mascara. I actually love the wand's shape as it curves naturally to my eye and helps apply mascara nicely. However it does clump up and smudge a lil bit, is very very difficult to take off and it dries out faster compared to other mascaras!

This has gotten pretty shit reviews- and to a point, I understand them.

This mascara has a tendency to CLUMP like a fucker- and it drives me crazy. I always have to use another mascara (I've been using the Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom mascara wand) to break up the lashes. Puts product on thickly, and does give me really nice, dramatic lashes. But it clumps. Maybe as it gets less watery it won't do this & then I'll give it the full 5 lippies it deserves.

Holds my lashes up pretty much all day and the packaging is ADORABLE.

For a good dramatic lash look though at a cheap drugstore price, this is your bet. I normally go for CGLBV in waterproof, but I've been trying other mascaras to get a more full, dramatic look.

The brush is nice because it's so flexible, as well as the wand. I like this feature but I know plenty of people who won't. Not for everyone, but I think it's worth the try for only like 7 bucks.

on 5/12/2016 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had better luck with Miss Manga Waterproof than many of the other reviewers. I prefer it to Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof, which made my lashes feel very stiff and didn't build much length or volume. However, I doubt that I would ever buy it again.

With Miss Manga Waterproof, I can build very long lashes. Building it up does require patience and many coats. Even when I apply very liberally, clumping is minimal and if it starts to clump, it's easy to separate the lashes by using the tip of the brush, and if that doesn't work for you, lash combs are great tools. I actually like the flexible wand. Long stiff wands can be unwieldy. The volume is pretty good, though not dramatic enough to be impressive. I bought the color black, but it's not black enough. It's a wimpy black compared to some of my other mascaras.

The formula doesn't have any fragrance, and it doesn't make my eyes itch (a problem I've encountered with other mascaras, even more expensive ones).

It holds a curl pretty well. It doesn't flake or make my lashes feel brittle. It holds up well in water and humidity. Because it's waterproof, it does require makeup remover or oil (Josie Maran's Argan Oil works nicely) to take this off at night.

The price is affordable. I've noticed some minor smudging under my eyes when I use it on my bottom lashes. I have to remember to touch up with concealer.

Another disadvantage to this product: L'Oreal has a long history of animal testing, and I wish it were a cruelty free brand. I'm hunting for a similarly priced waterproof mascara that's cruelty free. Unfortunately, it seems that most companies can't make amazing waterproof mascaras. Still on my quest for a great one.

on 2/1/2016 9:53:00 PM

This product dried out after about 5 uses!

I liked how it extended my lashes however it did not make them thick/dark at all which I thought it would be good for.

After about 5 hours it doesn't look like you're wearing mascara, it easily flakes..

Not worth your money!

I am a big fan of L'oreal Mascaras and bought this yesterday hoping it would be awesome but I hate it!! I have really long thick natural lashes and this mascara didnt give me the volume I was longing for!! I had to apply 3 coats to get a decent lenght and then it started to get clumpy. It was a nightmare to take off also. I will never again purchase this mascara.

on 9/22/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've never been quite a splurger on mascara since you have to throw it out on 3 months. I actually never really like to use mascara since it can be troublesome to clean. But who can resist the result of a swipe of mascara right? My lashes are short and straight. I wear mascara usually just to define my eyes so I only use one swipe. Once my maybelline mascara ran out I've been debating over magnum barbie, heroine make, or this miss manga mascara (they only have the waterproof one in Indonesia). I decided to go for this one just because wkwk. The brush is undoubtedly big and a bit difficult to fit my small eyes. But the result is beautiful and just like the way I wanted it. It lasted all day without flaking and it stays even though I washed my face over and over after wudhu but somehow not difficult to remove. Love it. But would I repurchase? No. There are many mascaras that i want to try.