3.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 months ago

Bought this thinking I had found a dupe for a high end lip gloss, but found that the formula is not hydrating enough and in fact, irritates my lips. It's a barely-there pink but it doesn't stay on long, and having to reapply it constantly gets old. It's cheap, for sure, but it just doesn't work for me. For the reviewer on another website who claims to have found a dupe for her HG department store $30 lippie, I wish it were so for me.

About reviewer (430 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

at first I was mad at this product because after opening I noticed the top part that shows is a completely different color than the rest of the stick when you twist it up!! wtf... anyways tho I ended up still liking it tho! ????

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 years ago

I bought gleaming coral a while ago when i found it at a liquidation store for 1.88 so i tried it and i loved it! Its a nice sheer coral pink with shimmer/fine glitter (i love sparkles i mean i dont mind on my lips, but im 18 so older people may not like glitter on their lips) At a dollarstore later i bought pink quarts, mirrored mauve, and beam of blush. Mirrored mauve and pink quarts are really similar but i think pink quartz is a bit brighter. They all deposit a sheer wash of pink while being really shiny(yes a bit glittery) and moisturizing and thats all i love in a lipbalm/lipcolor, im all about moisture and i dont like matte lips anymore. I really love them and i think the packaging is cute but maybe thats cause i feel like i like little girl things and cute stuff. If you are super grown up maybe youd be embaressed to use it in public:o

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I like this shade but it basically comes off in two seconds, but it is very moisturizing.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone

3.0

4 years ago

Frankly, this was a miss. I have this in "Crystal Kiss" and "Beam of Blush." Let's start with a little Pro/Con list. Pros: -Feels Nice -Scent -Subtle Flavor Cons: -Shimmer can be too much -Barely any tint -Shimmer remains when balm wears off; it's like a disco party This is not for me. I'll continue using this but's it not ideal for me. Also, Crystal Kiss smells like Fruit Loops. Beam of Blush smells like Hubba Bubba. No discernible taste in these shades.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

1.0

4 years ago

I've bought a couple of these because I like the original BabyLips formula. Twinkling Taupe, with is more a warm nude that is a bit tawny or lightly bronze-y is a beautiful color, but I wasn't a fan of the shimmer or the strong scent. I can't describe it, except that it was perfumey -- too strong for me (I'm picky about scented lip products). I tried a couple other colors, including Mirrored Mauve. That has a different scent, and not as strong as the taupe, but I still didn't like it enough to use it regularly. I'm not a fan of the shimmer -- it's stronger sparkle than what I consider shimmer like what you'd find in NYX, for example -- and I can feel a tough of fine glitter, which I find irritating. The colors, again, are fairly sheer and pretty, and the formula is close to regular BabyLips products, but I just personally couldn't get past the scent and the shimmer/sparkle.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I have the regular baby lips in Peach Kiss (too orangey on me), Cherry (too kool-aid red on my lips), and the peppermint (clear with a touch of shine- my most used in the regular line). Then I discovered the Baby Lips Crystal colors- my HG is Twinkling Taupe! I find that I use this in place of my higher end Urban Decay, Smashbox, and Nars Lip Glosses. It is just the right amount of tint with a slight barely noticeable shimmer- NOT GLITTER- it is the perfect nude for my pale lips. I love that I can reapply it without a mirror and not worry about messy application. It has a silky feel. No stickiness and a pleasant scent and taste. I just went to Target today to get another tune and they didn't have this color- I hope they didn't discontinue it- so I purchased two pink shades; pink Quartz and mirrored mauve. But my favorite is the Twinkling Taupe- hands down!

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair

5 years ago

I have been using Maybelline Baby Lips for over a year now. I currently have 7 different shades. That's how much I love these Baby Lips. Before Baby Lips, I used the traditional chap stick and what not, but I noticed people purchasing Baby Lips, Eos, Burt's Bees, etc. I decided to try Baby Lips and I fell in love. Not only did my lips become suckle and sweet, the tint allows for me not to worry about putting an extra layer of lipstick. It's everything that I ever wanted in a lip balm. The crystals really do give me a nice glittery look, however most people don't even notice it. The tint is very vague too.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

i think these are so fun! perfect for wearing over a brighter lip color to tone it down a little and add some shimmer. i'm not into wearing gloss much now that i'm in my 30s-i feel like it can get everywhere and stick my hair to my mouth-but these give a really pretty sort of brightening effect. they're not the most moisturizing product ever but i tend to layer a bunch of products (obviously) so it doesn't bother me.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

5 years ago

I find Baby Lips are one of those products which feels really good on the lips for 5 minutes but wears off and does absolutely nothing. For the first 5 minutes your lips feel great and really moisturized but as soon as it wears off your lips are left feeling dry again. However the colors are very pigmented and bright but again they don't last. Overall I won't be buying this product again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24