e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Refresh

e.l.f. Cosmetics Eye Refresh
Eye Refresh

2.9

This is an amazing eye product. I am actually quite floored at most of the ELF products I have tried over time. For the price point it has been simply amazing on the most part.

This comes in a silver metallic plastic tube that actually looks like metal. I had to tap it to see that it was plastic as it looked that much like metal. Very sleek and beautiful packaging.

It contains a small metal roller ball that rolls smoothly over your eye area. Every time I have applied it, it felt really nice and cold. This is perfect for tired or itchy eyes. Taking it on a plane would probably be perfect. Sadly I never thought to bring it with me the last few times I flew.

This is a must have/try. You cannot go wrong for $3.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The Eye refresh is one of my favorites! I apply every morning and can tell the difference between my tired eyes or refreshed eyes when I do not apply!

Didn't expect this little guy to do much for 3$ honestly. It does what it says: refreshes. I've never had bags under my eyes so for me it would be more for dark circles. Did it do anything to them? No, and I don't expect it to. It just feels nice and perks my eyes up before makeup in the morning.

I LOVE e.l.f. products. Their blush, foundation, and brushes are to die for, and the pricing on their items is equally fantastic!
I did have an issue with this product. I used it as specified prior to putting on primer/foundation, and it worked flawlessly. I do have sensitive eyes, so that may have contributed to my issue.
However, one morning I used it as normal, and had no issues throughout the day. That evening after taking off my makeup, I used the product to sshow my roommate how to use it, how it works, etc. I went to bed and woke up the next morning with SUPER puffy eyes. I had had an allergic reaction to the ingredients in the product! I was so disappointed when I had to toss it out, but that doesn't mean that the product is bad! It works better than described. Just be careful to check the ingredients if you have sensitive eyes like me! :)

on 6/30/2014 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Very nice cheaper alternative to Garnier's eye roller and more high-end options but ultimately a fail for me. The metal ball is very cooling and the thin gel that dispenses absorbs somewhat fast but does not totally dry on my undereye area which leaves it feeling somewhat tacky all day. At first I thought I loved this but after a week my love affair was over.The ingredient lists green tea and pomegranate among other extracts which sounds good but, for me, resulted in a large breakout under one of my eyes.

Into the trash it went :( Not a large fail at $3.00 but acne-prone skin types be cautious

on 8/2/2016 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just a meh product for me. It feels really nice in the morning, it does really refreshes the eyes but it doesn’t do anything more. I can get that with my cucumber patches and a get the added bonus of de-puffing my lids. And think the refreshing part comes more from the metal ball than the liquid product. So in the end, it was nice to try but wouldn’t repurchase again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did not receive any benefits from this product, other than it felt good to apply it. I gave it away. It's got great packaging, and I think maybe the thing about it that made it feel good was the cool roller ball. But no, didn't notice anything else.

This is awesome!! It is the best DS depuffing or eye product in general for $3 whaaaa?! Yes please!! I normally use the Clinique roller ball eye depuffer & it is my fave w this elf running as a close 2nd; I really, really like this (& elf skincare in general), it's so cooling & soothing. It really helps my puffiness and even under the eye circles but I don't have super dark circles to begin with guess I'm blessed w some good genetics. Well then!! The packaging is slick, utilitarian AND cool looking, it does not leak or anything it's all I've asked for, for USD$3 !!

on 9/2/2015 11:31:00 PM

Love this. Feels refreshing and de puffs my bags. Seems to be making my eyelashes grow too - I put this all over my eyes. Cheap and works great.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a little surprised at the low rating for this; but then again, I tend to like what the general consensus does not like, and what is raved about I often do not care for.

That said, I gave this a 5-star rating.
Seriously, I cannot find one complaint about this or anything I wish they would change.

Feels comfortable in the hand using it, definitely has a 'cooling' sensation (I typically only use this in the summer, no particular reason, just happens that way. And the one I have, I purchased last summer and it still works every bit as well as it did last summer--but still I suggest that you pay attention to expiration dates!! Especially with eye products!! ;) )

This also seems to 'plump' my eye are and smooth out any fine lines.
Lasts a good part of the day. Also makes me look more "awake" even on nights I only had a couple hours of sleep.

At the price tag ($3.00, I think..?), what more can you ask for..?
IME this works every bit as good as, and in some instances even better than, higher priced comparable, similar products.

And oh yes the cooling sensation is nice, especially in the Summer (which is probably why I find myself using this mostly in the Summer!)