3.1

$10.00 on e.l.f. cosmetics
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

I really have enjoyed the Elf Tone Adjusting Primer. I bought it due to the hype it seems to get. Whilst it doesn't necessarily adjust the tone of my skin, it does provide a great base for makeup and smooths and blurs my pores. It has that silicone feel which leaves the skin feeling very smooth. It works with all of my foundations and concealers. Makeup applies easily on top of it, and lasts all day. It definitely helps prevent foundation from separating, breaking down or fading throughout the day. I like the air-pump style packaging, and the plastic packaging itself is very sturdy and well made. At the price point, this product is a steal and definitely worth it. I use it constantly and definitely recommend it.

About reviewer (726 reviews)

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

My first time using a primer at all. I started using elf tone adjusting primer in green and love, love, love it so far. I’m over 60 and don’t use a foundation but occasionally use powder. Instead of foundation I use Cover Girl Smoothers BB cream and love that too. The primer glided on like silk. BB cream, blush and eye shadow are perfect 5 hours later. The crepeyness around the eye area is much reduced. Hoping this continues to do a good job and that it stays on the market. Give it a try, I think you will really like it.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I’ve used this and other ELF primers for over a year now. It gets the job done, and it feels good on my skin. My pores are filled in and I don’t break out, even with my acne prone skin. I’m also genuinely confused as to why people are complaining about the amount. It’s .47oz for $6. Smashbox is $36 dollars for 1oz. You can buy two from ELF and have basically the same amount as the Smashbox. That’s $12 vs $36 for the same amount. Also, they now have the large size in the primer for $10. Still a $24-26 dollar difference. I’m not sure how much product people are using, but one good pump is enough. You don’t need a ridiculous amount. Anyway... You honestly can’t beat it for the price.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Purchased the green one to see if it would create a more even tone, I did not notice a difference in my red areas such as nose and blemish spots. Product has a silicone texture, does smooth skin a little bit. Worn both during the summer and winter and did not notice a difference in how long my makeup lasted throughout the day. Will purchase the original one instead.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

It's OK as a primer but I wouldn't say it tones down redness that much, especially when compared with its Smashbox equivalent. And the amount of it in the bottle is ridiculously small - the packaging is very deceptive. I'll use it up but won't bother buying it again.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairGrey, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

For me this didn't work. I found that my redness was toned a little bit but I've used other tone adjusting primers that work a lot better. It also didn't help my makeup last, and the amount of product that is in this, is very sad. Its a big bottle with very little product in it. Great price though.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This is my go-to primer. I have a lot of redness and I try really hard to cover as much of it up as possible. ELF is the best thing I have found at a drugstore. If I use a generous amount, there's a noticeable difference. I like that it comes in a pump bottle instead of a tube. And for $6, it's one of the cheapest primers out there. But it still has a lot of problems. For as big as the bottle is, you would think you're buying a good amount of product. But there's only a little bit. Since it takes so much of the product to get it to work, this means constantly buying more. The plastic cap will break if you put your primer in a travel bag, which can be really annoying. And, even though I can get some of my redness to go away, it doesn't get rid of all (or even most) of it. But my makeup stays with it, and my sensitive skin reacts well to it, so it's a solid product. I'm looking for something better, but I'm not unhappy with it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

For me, it's the same as the mineral infused version except the color, which do nothing. The performance of this product is great, the product is excellent but the packaging!! The amount of product in this huge packaging is ridiculous unfortunately. I buy it again and again because the product is great, but at the end of the bottle I'm always thinking I should buy something else more expensive but that last more than a month....

About reviewer (534 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

I love this pros: pump $6 easy to find works good with all skin types keeps you matte log lasting cons: green did nothing for my redness (most products don't) not much product at all. yes its cheap but you only get around .5 FL oz or less

About reviewer (71 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This primer is okay. Remember, you only need a very small amount for the entire face. This, unfortunately, does nothing to correct redness. It's just like their mineral infused primer. It works as a primer, but the packaging doesn't let you see when you're about to run out and it's a very small amount of primer inside a tube within a larger tube, so the packaging is a little misleading. You get less product than it seems.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinDry, Other