Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
Urban Decay Perversion MascaraUD Perversion MascaraPerversion MascaraPerversion Mascara

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water/Eau), Synthetic Beeswax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba), Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Soluble Collagen, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Mel (Honey/Miel) Extract, Sodium PCA,Hydrolyzed Elastin, Glycogen, Serine. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 4/11/2017 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I actually really love this mascara - when it is freshly opened the product has a consistency of being a little on the wet side and over time does tend to try out. However, I love the fact that it stays on really well (even if it is a pita to get it off) and that the color is true to a matte black coloration which is fantastic! buuuut don't love the fact that it feels like every time I remove it I remove a lash :(

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got this as a deluxe sample. This was an okay mascara by most standards. Looked natural -- did not add length, but did define the lashes I have. Gave definition without clumping. Only flaked one time! See below. It did smudge noticeably if I didn't use a fair amount of setting powder under my eyes.

Now, the cons. I noticed that this is difficult to remove. For some, that could be a good thing.. I use only bi-phase eye makeup removers (i.e., you have to shake it, and it removes the tough stuff) such as Lancome Bi Facil, etc. But this was still hard to remove. Other than being a pain at night when I unmade my face, I did not think too much about the difficulty in removing this mascara.

I alluded that it flaked one time. I was eating at a restaurant and a flake of it got under my hard RGP contact lens. In agonizing pain, I went to the bathroom, took out my kit and went to work. Well. Contact solution alone would not remove this mascara from my lens. Every time I reinserted it, it felt like there was a shard of glass cutting my eye. I did not have my glasses with me, and I could not sufficiently clean the lens for reinsertion, so I had to go home "blind". For me this was a very big deal -- I like to see where I am going. Luckily, I had my husband drive home. But what if I had been alone? I really don't know what I would have done -- wait for my husband? Call an Uber?

Once home, it took a lot of cleaning to remove the mascara from my lens. So -- I cannot recommend this mascara to contact wearers. If you want a natural looking, long wear mascara (and are willing to accept smudging), then this may be for you.

on 4/3/2017 10:50:00 AM

I tried this on the recommendation of a friend. She's into much more natural makeup looks, and she adores it. I don't care for it and will be returning to Sephora. It's not a bad mascara at all, but doesn't do what I want for the $27 CAD price tag. I find the formula to be quite wet and heavy. I like a mascara that really supports a curl and I find this weighs down my lashes. It's very good at giving a smooth look with no clumping, but I find it's not volumizing enough for me. Also, I don't love that it's not waterproof. Not for me.

on 4/2/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Eh...this is fine. I was excited to use it because UD makes a lot of products that I LOVE, but this was middle-of-the-road. It adds *some* length and volume and doesn't fight the curl, nor does it flake or smear. It doesn't irritate my eyes and it's nice and black. But overall it just doesn't make much impact; there are certainly comparable products out there at lower prices (and better ones at any price). I will finish what I have and would use this if I ended up with it it somehow (like as a GWP) but would not bother spending my money on it again.

It does lengthen my lashes and makes them somewhat fuller but not without looking like spider eyes. I've had much better results with drugstore brands.

on 3/11/2017 1:33:00 PM

This was my first high-end mascara. It was recommended to me when I was at Sephora looking for an eyeliner. The associate recommended the duo package that was a pretty good deal considering both the mascara and eyeliner were full-sized.

When I first applied this mascara, I was impressed. My lashes looked much more dramatic with this than any other mascara I've ever used. Then it took a turn for the worst. This mascara is SO messy. My undereye was smudged and racoon-like (even though I barely coated my lower lashes) after a couple of hours. In addition, this stuff really made my lashes feel dry and it didn't help that I couldn't get this mascara off. The eyeliner - which is waterproof - comes off better than this mascara! I hate having to fight to get it off because it causes my lashes to fall out.

I was pretty impressed with the eyeliner and I've heard so much praise for Urban Decay, but I was super disappointed in this product.

on 3/5/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this mascara it stays on all day with no flakes. I use subversion for primer. After wearing eyelash extensions for years I wanted a change ...this combo saved me from getting them back on. Before I always used NARS mascara but I do love this more. It's not "waterproof" but I am a MUA and use this for the bridal party. It's thin and goes on with no clump. Usually I use 2 coats

on 2/8/2017 3:34:00 PM

I got a sample of this mascara, and I was excited to try it. Like a lot of other mascaras, it was a big disappointment. It did add thickness to my lashes, but it didn't give much added length. It transferred to my brow bone leaving black smudges, and it was difficult to remove at the end of the day. I hate mascaras that are hard to remove because you end up losing lashes in the process. I don't want to spend an extra 10 minutes trying to remove my mascara! Needless to say, I threw it in the garbage after only a few uses. You can find much better mascaras at the drug store for a lot less money.

on 2/7/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this mascara, but can understand those that don't. It's super rich and black, and never flakes or bothers my very sensitive eyes. I do wipe the wand off before applying, otherwise it canindeed be a mess to deal with. I love the look that one coat gives me! Just gorgeous.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is over priced and terrible quality!! It is such a wet formula and gets everywhere. Would not buy again and have barely used it.. drugstore mascara are 100% better than this one.

Popular Mascaras