3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This is a recent discovery for me , and I am really enjoying it . I am so tired of perfumes that smell like a bakery or a jelly jar. And I am even more tired of perfumes that can’t be detected after twenty minutes. There are far too many of them ( Jan 2019 ) due to the last round of IFRA regs . I purchased a 2016 bottle of La Panthere , and it is strong, rich and sophisticated. It is wonderful to have a perfume that is elegant and long lasting and also quite unique in a sea of cupcake scents . If you are looking for something that has “zing “ and is long lasting , try this lovely perfume . It is well worth the cost of a bottle . I will add that if you prefer extremely soft or sweet perfumes, this might not suit you . It is beautiful and and perfect for a special occasion.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

I do not normally write reviews of fragrances. I am not easily impressed by the modern fragrances. They all smell the same for me. Flowers sweet gourmand with no edge what so ever. I got a sample of this at a perfumery when I purchased my makeup stuff. I normally try things on once and then pass them over to my sister. As I told I am not impressed by any modern fragrances. This smells not so sweet but it has this powdery softness to it. It is classy and expensive smelling. This goes with someone who has very well put together with natural looking effortles style, not too madeup but well thought through kind of style. And I agree it is not a young girls fragrance at all. Maybe some of you would call it old ladyish, but I do love some of Estee Lauders old lady smells too. So maybe this is going to be helpfull to some of you.

About reviewer (327 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

4 years ago

The bottle is fantastic . Solid ..like a damned glass brick in the EDP version. To start , La Panthere has such promise. bursts of subtle velvet white florals and a sense of gardenia with a tint of sweet fruit. As this is a modern chypre I expected some * form * of chypre-ness as the dry down approached. Within a few minutes , La Panthere smoothed out into a conformist post IFRA scent of a muted type of sourness ... long sharp sourness. So this is the the new chypre . Very disappointed with the development of this scent. It is not a panther . It is a cuddly new toy. Every step of the way... it was like I could see Mathilde Laurent following the guidelines of the IFRA .I understand this but it also makes for quite a boring scent. Still 4 stars because I can see this is well done.

About reviewer (461 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

4 years ago

I went to the Cartier show here in Denver with my mom last year and was RABID for the brand for a while after that. Given that I will never own any Cartier jewelry I went next best thing and picked this up. The bottle is amazing - it has the iconic Cartier panther carved in relief on the face! The packaging is luxe and looks amazing on your vanity. A warning though - this kind of smells "old lady" to some. It just has a vintage smell so if you can do some of the older Estee Lauder perfumes then its for you! It's lightly musky, has some floral notes, it's certainly a woman's perfume, not a girls. The cons for me are that I really can't wear this every day because it's just too much, but when I do wear it I feel amazing! It's pricey, but the bottle will last forever because it's huge. You need to be a certain type of person to wear this but it's definitely worth picking up, especially for winter and fall. I wouldn't say this is a summer fragrance at all. The only reason I won't buy this again is because I am more of a Lavanilla or Demeter person - I like simple scents that I can layer. But when I want to play dress up and feel like a lady I'll be spritzing this on!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

There's something I really love about Cartier fragrances. They are different, a bit weird, and totally unique. This one is very retro, reminds me of a 1980's powerhouse scent (think Poison). It is a radiant, delicate gardenia coming together with velvety notes of musk. The top of the composition exudes greenish - fruity mixture in the form of molecule styrallyl acetates, containing nuances of rhubarb, strawberries, dried fruit, apple and apricot. The heart is dominated by gardenia, selected as the main flower to avoid excessive oriental character and also as not so common ingredient amongst modern perfumes. Ketone musk and oak moss provide irrefutable chypre character.

About reviewer (470 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

This smell reminds me of fragrances my grandma used to have, I put it on and I feel a lot older. It triggers migraines on me, so this is a NO for me

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

5 years ago

The bottles are the most beautiful and creative that I've seen for a long time. They remind me of the old Laliques. Fortunately, the perfume is also very beautiful. La Panthere is a modern, light-as-air take on the old-fashioned French chypre'. I love the vintage chypre's and own many of them, but La Panthere has the advantage of being wearable in far more situations! The first five minutes is a cavalcade of notes, but it's a fun ride, and then Panthere settles down to a mossy, musky, golden skin scent with a hint of leather and spice. Lovely stuff.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

La Panthere is a modern take on the classic chypre Rochas Femme, a well-executed contemporary floral leather chypre. I believe this is the best fragrance launch since Féminité du bois. This is a woman's perfume, not some sweet stuff for little girls, smells seductive, sophisticated and mysterious for assertive, confident women who have personality and character. Great longevity, stunning bottle. Men love it!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

This fragrance makes me purr . I love it. It is very well done , elegant but still modern. This could be my new signature ! This is one feline that loves the prowl . She sucks you in with her smooth purring . Then she pounces . Catch me if you can.... I think this is good for 30 plus . Might be a tad vintage for the younger crowd . Cartier did it this time . The bottle is the most beautiful on my dresser . Love love love !

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 years ago

It has taken me several wearings of this to finally post a review on it. You cant put this kind of perfume in a box. It's is so complicated and unusual. First off, the bottle is in a big chunky piece of glass that has a panthers etched on the glass. It is really cool looking. As you are spraying yourself with the perfume the bottle actually starts to get heavy in your hand. LOL!! Now the fragrance. It's heavy too...very heavy and indolic...animalistic....kind of like the same vein as Youth Dew or Aeromatic Elixir. It is really spicy to. I thought it smelled like a kielbasa sausage once. Aside from being a masculine fragrance too it is a pretty perfume. The gardenia adds alot of floral so you have to like gardenia to like this. When i first spray it on i notice woods....and maybe a little orange flower or neroli. It is very long lasting and gives good projection.

About reviewer (512 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other