LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.8

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great color selection of matte shades and satins. There is a wide range of both cool and warm toned looks to do with this palette. Only problem I have is that some shades here never really get used. Other than that, great pigment and decent blendability.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the eye shadows, they're so creamy and so pigmented. Dipping your brush in once is just enough. Don't put too much on your brush bc even if you put too little you could easily build it up. My only beef with these shadows are that they have super powder and the shadows go everywhere like not on your eyes but in the palette. The shadow goes everywhere but its worth it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first high end palette I have ever purchased(Eyeshadows are something I never bothered spending $$ on because I care more about base makeup) I tested many eyeshadow palettes in department stores(Urban decay naked palettes, tarte, too faced chocolate bar, etc), too bad tarte amazonian clay sold out everywhere online and in stores.I decided to take a risk and order the lorac pro palette 2 because it contains 1:1 ratio of neutral matte and shimmers along with some subtle jewel tone colors. It feel very soft and silky on my skin. I wouldn't say that it is buttery like the naked palettes, but the pigmentation and texture is still amazing. If you are short on money and want to splurge on only one palette, I recommend pro 2 because it is not just another boring neutral palette with only brown shades. The plum, olive, chrome,rose, and mocha colors make the palette stand out a lot compared to most competitors who manufacture neutral toned eyeshadows. Navy was a bit chalky, but it is still pigmented.Plus, it is possibly the cheapest high end eyeshadow palette and good quality for $42 with 16 pigmented eyeshadows. Lorac beats all drugstore eyeshadow brands and rivals a lot of more expensive makeup brands. :)

on 8/18/2014 3:55:00 PM

Just recently purchased this palette at Ulta with my 20% off coupon so it was a good deal. The market is so saturated right now with eyeshadow palettes that it can be difficult to choose the one that's meant for you. After returning the Naked 2 UD palette I hesistated on which one was going to work for me. Then I swatched some LORAC e/s and much to my surprise they were creamy and super pigmented. This palette was more appealing to me than the original bc the colors seemed softer. I have been using these e/s everyday to create either a smoky eye or a simple daytime look. Already considering the Unzipped Palette b.c I am so in love with this brand.

Also find it helpful that the top row is all matte shades and the botttom is all shimmer shades.

on 8/16/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the best palettes I own!!! Gorgeous colors, excellent pigmentation and color pay-off. Shadows are buttery soft with little to no fallout. The shadows feel so velvety on my lids. Best formulation of shadows, hands down!

on 7/23/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Do you have neutral or olive skin? Do you find that like Goldilocks, you need things to be neither too warm, nor too cool? If that is the case, run, do not walk, to the eyeshadow equivalent of a perfect bowl of porridge.

THE COLORS:
Many review of this palette claim that it is cool toned. I respectfully disagree & think the gray packaging tricks the eye a bit. To me, this palette is very neutral in the sense of neither too cool or warm. There are pops of both - the jade and nectar, the blue and silver - but for the most part - you are getting a great "neutral" selection that looks amazing on beige, olive or darker neutral skin. The colors - blue, plum, etc - also tend to be jewel tones, which also work well with neutral skin tones - especially those with dark hair and eyes as well.

THE FORMULA:
The shimmers are perfect in this palette. The texture is lovely, there are not glitter bombs, there is very little fall out, and it looks very flattering on the eye. My heart has been broken by gorgeous shades with glitter fall out -- looking at you Champagne - from the first Pro palette and you Sidecar - from UD Naked 1. My heart swells and remains intact when using this.
The mattes are great too. Lovely texture and color payoff. Buff could be a tad more pigmented, but it still works as a wash or highlight. Light brown and cool gray (BTW not a cool gray but a warm gray) are lovely in the crease. Nectar is nice to warm up an eye look. Finally the darker colors look great on lid or dampened and used as liner.
Both types blend very well without becoming muddy.

THE PRIMER:
This is a great primer and runs neck and neck with the Wet n Wild Fergie primer. I think it kicks UD and Nars' primer to the curb. A little goes a long way, and I still have primer left from the sample in my first Lorac palette.

THE PACKAGING:
Like the original, cardboard and very sleek. Enjoy the gray as it shows smudges less. Both have traveled well for me.

THE VERDICT:
For me, this is a slam dunk and love at first swipe. I have tried and returned Naked 3 (too much glitter and not enough variety to create various looks) and the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette (meh). I swatched Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and felt the colors and texture with inferior to this. Its been a while since I fell hard for new shadows, but net/net the two Lorac Pro Palettes are my HG. Those two will cover a ton of looks and don't overlap - barring black. The only other shadows that make my cut - in order of preference are - Naked Basics, various wet n wild shadows (why does the brand not make Nude Awakening 8 pan permanent?!?!?), Naked 1 and Naked 2. Bottom line - worth the money for this olive/neutral toned woman.