LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.4

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have started an amazing love affair with Lorac products. This is no exception. Everything I try I love. These shadows blend perfectly, look amazing, have great pigment and last forever!

on 5/28/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was writing another palette review and I realized that I pretty much compare everything to this amazing, amazing palette.

This is my first LORAC eyeshadow purchase, and I bought it on a whim at Ulta while grabbing some of the Tantalizer self-tanner (another HG from LORAC). I don't know why I hadn't tried their shadows sooner, because texturally they're absolutely the best I've ever used.

Nothing applies like these shadows; they're phenomenal and they're so smooth and easy to use that it actually takes me less time to apply my makeup in the morning. Blending is a breeze. The matte shades may be a little too soft for some but I love them. Some of the shimmers/satins are a bit sheer at first (mainly the greenish one and the aubergine shade) but can be built up without harsh lines, and the rest are so pigmented it's insane. The colors go well with my fair, cool skin and dark hair, but I can see how it would be a little weird if you don't usually go with jeweltones for makeup. I pretty much stick to neutrals for work and then either line or accent with the colors if I'm feeling jazzy.

My favorite palette by a long shot, and the reason I'll be buying more LORAC.

EDIT: Oh crap, I forgot to rave about Chrome. Chrome is the best warm mauvey-taupe ever...it's pretty much Satin Taupe on 'roids. It wears like iron.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I feel this is one of the few times I have ever disagreed with the reviews on here and with the reviews from YouTube. I always trust vintageortacky's reviews, I absolutely love her channel. She said she preferred this palette over the first Lorac Pro palette; so that is why I reached for this one first.
I absolutely love Lorac cosmetics, I think it is my favorite high end brand. The pigmentation of this palette is FANTASTIC, nothing wrong with color payoff or quality.
But somehow, it is really hard to coordinate eye looks with the arrange of colors this palette provides.
Don't get me wrong, it has some BRILLIANT shades, but the pops of colors in this palette are somewhat off. There are just so many times where I can wear a deep blue or an intense silver. And how am I going to pair up those colors with the olive green or the soft orange transition shade?
The palette is just somehow hard for me to work with. I feel like with the first Lorac Pro I can come up with SO many color combos in a snap, and I can wear all its shades at any given time of the day. The Pro 2 is more of a night palette if that makes sense.
I feel this palette would be great for you if you have more expertise at makeup.

This palette compared to the 1st isn't as great. It's an off grey color, so less easy to get dirty. For some reason, my palette opens very awkwardly, creases the spine of the palette so probably not the best quality... Eyeshadow wise, super pigmented and creamy. Shades such as navy and plum are not my favorite- but very pigmented! Navy is hella pigmented but the texture is veryyyy different then the others, super rough like the naked basics palette in the color crave. Also, the color 'silver' isnt pigmented as i thought it would be. it looks amazing in the pan,but when swatched didnt give the same payoff as the other eyeshadows in the palette. i had to add multiple layers for this color to be as it is in the pan. Probably a different formula. Love the color cocoa and beige! Also comes with a mini behind the scenes eye primer- not a fan!! >_> I personally don't like cool tone colors, so this palette is ok but not my fav, I prefer the first palette than this.

on 11/14/2014 12:58:00 PM

i LOVE this palette!!! i don't own the first one but this palette is amazing!!!! the shadows are super smooth and really pigmented you can do a lot of things the palette provides you with! i highly recommend this if you like neutrals with a little bit of dark colors then this is perfect for you! i made a tutorial on my YouTube channel featuring this palette if you guys wanna check it out i will link it on here to see the colors that i came up with (:

on 10/31/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never owned anything from Lorac until this. This is gorgeous and so much pigment I am shocked I missed out so long. Cool toned shadows with dark and deep shadows such as navy to complete a lot of looks.

Half this palette is matte and the other half is satin, which I love. You can get natural or smokey with this one palette. Great quality and the shadows didn't need a primer on me, but using one is always better.

Buttery smooth and blended without even trying.

I know I am in the minority, but I do not care for this palette. The mattes do not blend well, and tend to muddy together in the process.

on 7/15/2014 12:46:00 PM

AHHHHHHHH (Heavenly music) This is my first shadows from Lorac. I passed on the 1st one because I have all the Naked pallets and I just didn't see the point to add 8 more shimmers to my collection and I had several Mac Mattes. But I decided to take the plunge with this one and Ladies, especially us mature Gals this is the most awesome pallet. If you want your life simplified with a couple of good pallets you will always reach for this is it. The colors are so creamy (including the shimmers) they blend beautifully. will work with other pallets or singles you already may have and have so many looks that can come from it and allow this pallet to stand on it's own. Perfect for travel because it's all in one place. Need I say more? Here is a list of the colors in this pallet:

Mattes:
Buff is a light, yellow-toned beige It had good color payoff, Love it as an under brow color

Light. Brown medium brown with warm undertones beautiful pigmentation, which applied evenly and smoothly. True color

Cool Gray is a cool-toned, gray-taupe

Nectar( My favorite) is a light-medium peach with warm, orange undertone it was blendable soft and oh so perfect as my transition shade

Plum is a dark, plummy purple warm undertones and a matte finish. Just a little bit dry but not horrible

Navy is a dark, but bright, navy blue . I have the Navy from the too faced summer pallet this one is much brighter, pigmented and soft. There is to me a lease the slightest hint of a shimmer. It's is part of the mattes.

Charcoal is a medium-dark gray with warm undertones

Black is a medium-dark black but it comes off more dark gray on me at least. I like that it isn't as dark as I have soooo many blacks in other pallets it's nice to have something a bit softer and not as harsh.

Shimmers:

Snow is a brightened white with a frosted, almost metallic, finish. it felt very soft and buttery and blended well. For me I would prefer to wear this on the lid or as a inner corner shade.

Beige is a light peach/beige great lid color for fair to light skin tones

Rose is a bright, metallic copper ROSEGOLD. Beautiful color payoff not chunky even though it is very shimmery. I put it right in the middle of my lid for a punch of sparkle.

Mocha is a dark brown with warm, reddish undertones very smooth great outter v or for a smokey eye with a different edge.

Chrome is a more taupey with warm undertones I like the color reminds me a little of Mac's Taupe but a bit more shimmery.

Silver is a light metallic silver . If you really liked UD's sliver in the Vice 2 pallet but found it just a little strong for mature skin this one will do it ladies. Great layer over your look to punch up a smokey eye or just add some shimmer to your day look so you can take it to a night look.

Jade is a jade green with some olive undertones another of my favorites. Perfect to use instead of black for the outer corner and give a little color to the eye. Little more shimmer for me than the others.

Cocoa is a rich, Red brown with medium shimmers. So pretty. If you are fair go easy on this one ladies or you may look like you've given yourself a black eye. Definitely an outer crease shade

I'm so glad this will be a permanent pallet and I hope they put a few of these out in Singles (nectar/jade) cause those shades I'm pretty sure will hit pan before I need a new pallet

TWO BIG THUMBS UP

on 7/9/2014 10:21:00 AM

I had been excited about this palette ever since Lorac started posting pictures of it on Instagram. I knew I had to have it. I did the preorder from Ulta and waited patiently. This palette is just as amazing as the original, maybe even better. I am OBSESSED with the Nectar, Rose, Mocha and Chrome colors. I am NOT a shimmer fan, I HATE the UD Palettes because of the "shimmer" but I love the Lorac "shimmer." My eyes do not get irritated from this eyeshadow, itch- or water. The colors are pretty true to how they look in the pan, and there is much more variety with this package. I have recommended this palette to EVERYONE. Definitely worth having, even if you have the first one too.