LORAC Pro Palette 2

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
LORAC Pro Palette 2
Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2Pro Palette 2

4.7

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510). *Contains Carmine as a Color Additive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this palette, but I don't love it.
I love some of the colors, like the shimmery white (snow), the peach (Nectar), the shimmery champagne (Beige) and the navy blue (Navy).
All the shadows have nice quality, but the some of the mattes and shimmers aren't very versatile. I think this palette lacks some cohesion. I prefer Pro 1 or 3 over this one, but I think this does have some stunner shades.
Overall, B.
7/10

on 3/11/2016 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my was this worth the splurge! This palette is hands down the best I have ever owned. The colors are so beautiful and richly pigmented, and they are so smooth and true to color. They blend very well. I have read many reviews where it says these shadows have no fallout and I am actually getting quite a bit of fallout, but that may be due the brush I use. May need to try them wet, but I can deal with a little fallout for the beautiful looks I can create with this. I am loving the unique color jade. So shimmery and deep and just so rich in pigment. It is pure luxury on your lids! The packaging is sleek and nice, not bulky and awkward like some shadow palettes. Lorac shadows never disappoint me. It is soo worth the money. To anyone considering this palette, dont hesitate and just do it! You will love it. Oh and they make great liners for bottom lash line because of how deeply rich the colors are. Really makes the eye POP! I am investing in the Pro Palette 1 next, as i am sure it will be just as amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A super versatile pallette because it goes from the lightest shades to the darkest so you can make it work for any occaision, definitely my go to!

on 8/8/2015 11:15:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the Naked Palettes, but I have barely reached for them since buying this. It is my favorite travel palette because you can get such a wide variety of use. It has mattes that look very different on the eye, warm and cool tones, and even some jewel tones. Ironically, this is known as the cooler pro palette, but my favorite look actually incorporates the warmer colors. Buff all over into the brow, rose on the moveable lid, nectar in the crease, mocha on the outer lid, and cocoa to line softly. The cooler colors are also wearable to me, even silver which is a color that tends to be too stark on me. Snow is my least used color, but I expected that going in.

It also blends like a dream. I am usually scared of darker colors in my crease because I have very small lid space and it can look awful on me but the shadows here take literally a few swipes of a brush to blend. It can be easy to overblend so watch out for that. There is a bit of fallout but it wipes away easily. The shimmery coolers are more on the shimmer/metallic side than the glitter side, which I like because it it is more appropriate for work. The packaging is slim which I like. I have not travelled on a plane with it yet, but hopefully the packaging can withstand it.

Anyway, this palette is amazing. Bottom line, I have barely touched my extensive collection since purchasing. It is just so wearable and versatile. I am on a nobuy at the moment, but I plan to get the Pro Palette when I am done. LORAC has converted me.

on 7/20/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

May I profess my love for this palette? So few eyeshadow palettes are made for us cool toned girls! Everyone wants nude conservative palettes...I get it but us cool toned ladies rock color like nobody's business! In the Lorac 2 there is a color for every eye look I want to accomplish except for the pinky nude/mauve look. And of course, I have enough shadow for that..no worries here. Also, gosh dang it the shimmers are perfect! Very classy.

A tip: these colors are so strongly pigmented there is NO need for a sticky intense primer like a glitter glue primer. Made that mistake yesterday because I wanted my navy to pop and they didn't work together well. Also, don't throw tomatoes at me but the Lorac primer that comes with the palette is junk. I wore it two days in a row and got eyelid pimples?...what the heck? Eyelid pimples? I will stick with my WetnWild Fergie primer...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love playing with makeup, so I have a lot of palettes. I like the Lorac Pro 2 palette, I think it is well-pigmented and pretty long-wearing, and very good value. I like the looks I can create with it. I always wear primer under the shadows, though, otherwise they go on pretty light and crease.

I feel that for my fair coloring and deep-set eyes, the original Lorac Pro palette is just much more wearable than this one. This one is great for formal styles or date night, but the original is one I can wear for that and for everyday.

The packaging is very sophisticated, but quite flimsy. When I go on trips, I leave it behind because I'm worried about it getting crushed.

Overall, Lorac Pro was a better choice for me. I probably would not repurchase 2 without a coupon, even though I like it.

on 5/20/2015 2:57:00 PM

Love this palette. Love the mix of mattes and shimmers. Packaging makes it great for travelling!

My go to shadow palette. Like I get excited everyday to use it. I have the Lorac pro 1 and I don't use it as much. Weird cause I thought I would love it. This one makes me do a happy dance. I love the navy, jade and dang just all of them are perfection. Except silver because I'm not a silver eyeshadow person. They are so smooth ad buttery. I don't think I can go back to cheap eyeshadows now, thanks Lorac! Lol. But really the quality is out of this world, blends like a dream and the packaging is slim and sleek. If I travel I only take this palette. Can you tell I love the Lorac pro 2 palette?

on 3/6/2015 2:07:00 AM

I really did not want to like this palette. In fact, I had hoped it would be terrible so I could talk myself out of buying it. When I swatched it at Kohl's I wanted to cry, because this palette was even better in person than I thought it would be. I wasn't sure at first, because so many beauty gurus on YouTube had lamented that they didn't love it as much as the original Pro Palette. Oh my Lord, these shadows are amazing! Just like the original there are 16 shades. The 8 on the top row all 100% matte and the 8 on the bottom row are shimmers. One thing I love about this palette is that Lorac was thoughtful and included some nice gray shades, including a matte which is really hard to come by in a high-end palette. Let's go over the shades:

Top Row (all mattes)
Buff - a soft cream shade
Lt. (light) Brown - a perfect brown transition shade. Slightly lighter than UD's Buck.
Cool Gray - a light taupey gray shade.
Nectar - similar to Freestyle in the UD Smoked palette, but peachier.
Plum - a rich purple
Navy - the showstopper in the palette. A super rich, intense royal navy blue.
Chacoal - a medium-dark true gray
Black-the only repeat from the original Pro Palette. Not an intense black. More of a deep charcoal/smoky shade

Bottom Row (all shimmers)
Snow - a super bright white
Beige - a bright champagne light gold shade
Ros - a gorgeous, highly shimmery rose gold. Heavier on the gold side. Similar to Marzipan from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, but less pink.
Mocha - a rich coppery brown
Chrome - a taupe silvery mushroom shade
Silver - highly shimmery true silver
Jade - a beautiful golden green
Cocoa - a dark shimmery reddish cocoa brown

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
~Highly pigmented. Some shades come across darker on the lid than they look in the pan, so you need just a light hand with these.
~The mattes are all velvety smooth.
~The shade range is impressive. There is no shortage of inspiring colors and they all work together harmoniously.
~The packaging is sleek.
~The eyeshadow primer sample is fantastic.

Cons:
~This isn't so much of a con as it is a warning. Snow is stark white, so use it sparingly. I found out the hard way that too much along the browline to highlight makes it look like your brows are being lit from underneath.
~The shades Plum, Navy, and Jade are harder to blend than the other shades. Apply with a light hand, blend forever, and then add more if you need to build up intensity.
~The packaging gets very messy. These shadows are very soft and some are on the more powdery side and kick up a bit of product when you dip your brush into them. The "grippy" cardboard packaging picks up every last speck of shadow dust and it just looks like a hot mess.

on 12/28/2014 4:48:00 PM

Oh. My. Gah. So pigmented. Such payoff. Much color. Wow.

My fave is the apricot color. My only caveat with this palette is its not for a quick use. One must blend the bejeebus out of these. Still, nothing compares to them in my long experience.